(Close Window)
Topic: Ultimate Card Index by Bazar de Magia
Can anyone give me a review of this? Is it worthwhile or should I use alterior methods/devices? How quick can you locate a card with it?
:bluebikes:
There is one Finnish one but it is not on the marked yet, and I donīt know when it is being published but I have it and it's great. Far better than anything else I have seen.
I canít speak to a Finnish index that is not on the market yet, but I can address your questions about the Bazar de Magia index.

BdMís card index is a super thin plastic device. It does what any index is supposed to do.

It is as speedy as any index can be. That is, it is as speedy to use as your familiarity with using such a device. The speed is NOT in the device. If you know your stack and how itís placed in the index then you will find a card (or whatever) instantly.

What this particular prop has over others I have seen is its thinness! It is lightweight and very thin.
Thanks for the review Harry. Yes, I'm aware that the true speed lies in the performer's ability. I was wondering if this one had anything different from another index to make it easier to locate cards quicker, or was it just the thinness?
It is a bit more than just the thinness! It steps (separates) the cards well which is the key in keeping the thing thin when fully loaded and helps you in getting to the card very rapidly.

As far as an index prop goes this is top drawer and inexpensive to boot (usually under $20 USD).
What is this utility gimmick used for?

Is it something that allows you to remove any card from the pocket called for?

Thanks in advance.
Yes, DJ Trix, that is one of the tricks a card index enables you to do. But far from the most interesting.

Go one level deeper, and you can have a card selected, replaced, the deck shuffled, then place a half in each pocket. Then have the selected card named, and pull it from the pocketed deck.

Another level deeper, and you can palm off cards to be switched into play. Or if you're a mentalist, predictions.

For more, please read Corinda's 13 Steps.
I'll add to what Neil has said. This invention was one of Anneman's favorite, he used it in over 700 shows. Don't find too much about them anymore but this is my best effect and still trying to find more effects to use it for.

I have the Ultimate Card Index and love it!
From where can I get the Ultimate Card Index? I have an old Index that is far too heavy and clumpsy, so the UCI seems right up my ally.
:hotcoffee:
If it's from Bazar de Magia, Murphy's n Magic Supplies carries it, so any dealer who orders from them can get it. I have experimented with a number of these devices over the years, and I always come back to Harry Lorayne's no-gimmick index from Deck-Sterity. Just as fast, but doesn't require anything other than the cards.
OK, I found it at Hocus-Pocus for $15.95. I will buy it soon.
:hotcoffee:
Peo,

I bought mine here in U.S. from Ronjo Magic, I think it was about the same price as Hocus give or take a buck.

It is still one of the strongest effects I use. Just something about pulling a chosen non-forced card out of one's pocket in a matter of seconds. :smiletear:
I just received Bazar de Magia's [i]Ultimate Card Index[/i] and thought I'd share my opinion...it's [b]GREAT[/b]! It's incredibly thin, made well, inexpensive, and does what an index is supposed to do. I highly recommend it.

Larry D.
Take a look on ebay.
[quote]
On 2012-04-21 23:00, doctormong wrote:
Take a look on ebay.
[/quote]
Take a look at the year it was posted in. LOL. Welcome to the Cafť.
I thought the design was a little strange and hard to work.
You can buy 50 of them give give them out to friends,
http://www.dhgate.com/ultimate-card-index-magic-tricks-50pcs-lot/r-ff80808131c107ae0131c5c4ea971e68.html

I liked these the most,

https://midwestmagic.net/shop/item.asp?itemid=4098

Very strudy and easy to get to any card.