(Close Window)
Topic: Fish act
Now let's see what you guys can come up with. I want to do an act with fish and fish bowls. I already do some productions in my regular act but would like to do more for a nice stage act. The productions I already do are the goldfish from borowed bill, two fish from a coffe vase and three brandy sniffers with one goldfish in each for the square circle. I would really like to end the act with a full fish tank production and add more productions to the act.

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic
Sweden
Wow, sounds pretty creative! Great ideas! Hmmm... let me think a little. This is a tough one. :confused:
Take a look at the Fish Bowl Production by Rich Marotta. Avalable at most magic dealers. Try MagicSmith... if you have not seen it performed there is a video clip.

http://www.magicsmith.com

best of luck!

-Steven
Yeah, the appearing goldfish bowl would be a great opening to the effect, I think that you could push the bowl aside and do one of your routines, and then for the grand finale you could say "My assistants were a great help this afternoon and I think it is time for an upgrade in there living space". Take the original bowl, put it somewhere out of space, and do a Fountian of Enchantment type production. It would be very pricy, but it would be a strong effect to end a show. :)
Just had another idea. Try to get hold of Gary Darwin's Floating Fish Bowl... It is just like a Zombie. I think you could order it from Gary himself... if you are intertested PM me and I will give you his contact info.

-SB
There are topics about artistic fish (I do not remember the whole name), but maybe you can get some ideas
Andrew Mayne in his "Illusion" book details an Illusion of walking thru a fish tank.... it would work... but, the set-up is not easy.. It could be done though.

The gentleman in Brazil who created the
"Gift Surprise" sells an effect where-by you show a silk with an empty fish tank... and then he turns it around a few times and reveals the little silk tank to be occupied by several goldfish where upon he tips the silk down into a water bowl to produce the live goldfish...
There's an effect I've always liked where you pull a dove out of an aquarium of fish.