(Close Window)
Topic: Ring flight to necklace
Sorry for another ring flight question.. I was wondering if anyone still performs a ring flight to necklace on a regular basis. I do not drive, so many ring flights are not fitting my style. I would like to try a ring flight that uses a r**l bcs I like this method. Does anyone use EXIT (eggink), Northbound or Flight 204 on a regular basis and are they convincing and not to hard to do (maybe also surrounded? What is ur opinion? I'm more a cardician, so excuse my not-in-the-know of such a common topic..

thanks for ur replys and best, David
I have Flight 204 and don't really care for it. How old are you? Is it common knowledge that you don't drive? Unless you're very young, you should be able to do Departure without a lot of questions. A house key, a car key, a fob, is anyone really going to question this?

Jim
Thanks for your answer, I am 23 : ) well many know I'm not driving.. I do magic only for friends.. many of the ring flights use car keys as I know. furthermore, I like the idea of ring on necklace much!
I don't think you'd be happy with Flight 204, but I could be wrong. Have you ever considered a ring casket? I have one, and I use it quite a bit. You need a rattle box, borrow a ring, put it in the rattle box, entroduce the ring casket (I use a small paper lunch sack), have someone hold the ring casket, rattle the box, vanish the ring, and then have them open the casket. This is a real fooler - and a fairly nice routine.

Jim
David I too have been fascinated with a borrowed ring appearing on a cord around my neck.
Last year I worked out an original routine and my own method to produce a borrowed finger ring on a necklace around my neck. No r**l, but a terrific vanish.
There is a routine on the market that accomplishes the same thing but uses a different method. It is called: Exit by Peter Eggink
It was not for me, because it didn't do one very important thing I wanted to be able to do (a vanish with no hand to hand transfers), but it is still a very practical method of getting a borrowed ring on a cord around your neck and under your shirt.
If you want it, I'll sell you mine!

Donnie
I get great mileage out of Richard Sander's Interlaced. It is a ring flight to your shoelace.

I own Northbound, but I'm not a big fan.
The keys could be house keys, keys to a gym lock, etc.
They don't need to be car keys.
Exit is pretty cool. More work than what most magicians would put up with, but, it's interesting in method and fairly clean.
I have a simple version where a borrowed ring winds up on a chain around your neck that I really like and will either publish it in my next book or perhaps make up and sell. Keep watching http://www.petebiro.com
I picked up Exit and Interlaced at the same time.
Interlaced is truely great, but is not 'pick up your keyfob' impromptu. I really did not like Exit for several reasons, which was simillar money to Interlaced. This is of course, just my own experience & thoughts. I'm sure Exit is a great product in the right hands..

How about 'Ring to Teddy' as on James Prince's 'Menu of Miracles' vol. 3. It uses a reel, is different, and fun. It will require a bit of construction (unless James or RSVP sell them..)

I have had great success with a ring to wallet (Royal CTW hip wallet), using the Clifton ring move on its own, or as part of a ring & string (but no reel involved!). Huge chunky rings need not apply though!

Good luck with your search.

Charlie
I just shot a quicky video of mine and will try to get it on my site this afternoon. Bear in mind, I shot it of myself in the mirror, nothing fancy. I want to do a test to see if there is interest in buyers.
I'd like to see it Pete.
I will post tomorrow on my site. It is quick and crude video I shot of myself in a mirror, but shows the effect.
Hi folks,

thank you very much for all the replies! In fact, I personally like more the idea of ring to necklace than ring to keys or similar, I do not know why but it's just more appealing to me :) maybe bcs I like necklaces and don't drive :) :)

I'm interested in all versions. of exit I heard many magi that were not too overly excited. I wonder why most ring flights go to keys. interlace though has also risen my interest. would be pleased if there could be more exchange on this topic, key flights to necklace or similar. Northbound - I saw it - don't like it, because the hands move behind the neck :)

best and thanks to all
David,

ps I'll pm you ddecae :)
I am travelling an on my home computer I have a video clip of my version. I'll be home Tuesday. give me your email address in a pm and I will send you the clip
I have the key-wallet ring flight. It seems to be a big favorite among all my effects (nothing seems to beat it's reactions). However, I am afraid that it may fail me one day and the ring could get lost or damaged. Has anyone had an problems with the ring flight effect I am referring to? Do others share the same concerns I do?