(Close Window)
Topic: Handout 500, my thoughts.
Well, I got my Handout 500, and I wanted to give my initial thoughts.

I like the effect. I like this type of bill switch, and I think this is a great addition to the Easy Money lineage. But I have mixed opinions about it as well, here is why.

1. There is only a one-way change. Of course many people have said that they don't think turning the bills back, because I doesn't make sense. I would agree, except the routine I currently use works with this double change.

2. Until you hand out the bills, the display of the bills is not as good as previous versions, in my opinion. Now, I don't know if anyone other then a magician would think this, however, the freedom of the displays of previous easy money effects seem to take the heat off the "thickness" that people worry about. I don't think there is a thickness problem, if the bills are handled correctly.

3. I think the gimmick is the first leap forward for this routine. Almost every other effect uses the same gimmick, it is the handling that has been improved. Extreme Burn opened the possibilities, and Handout took a step to change how we think of multiple bill changes.

4. I now know what to expect with Extreme Burn 2.0 (Well, not really, but I said to myself, I bet...)

5. While I like the gimmick I also don't. I like the potential of this gimmick, but I don't like the construction. I won't go into it, but for those who have it you will know what I mean. I also understand you can't have it both ways.

Please don't let my opinions make you think I don't like the effect, I do. I also think it is well worth purchasing, is a good alternative to previous effects, and should be considered by everyone wanted to do a multiple bill switch. I will leave it at that for now, I will most likely have more thoughts when I have used it more.
I like the visuals of the easy money gimmick but I converted to Handout 500. I feel it is structured beautifuly and always wanted to hand the bills out because I new it would be stronger.
The bills are counted out exactly like everyone does on a daily basis,quick,simple and natural.
One small fold.with the test conditions presentation and the a double change and a split second later the specs are seing them the way they really want to.
The display at the end is the best in my opinion,for the simple fact the spectator is doing it themselves.
I don't like changing the bills back so that's not an issue with me but to each his own.
Cory Burk(think that's right)put out a version using the easy money gimmick and could hand them out ,but because of the way the Easy Money gimmick is made required even more bills to be added to the gimmick to get the job done which I did not like.
Handout 500 was designed for the Handout ending and it shows and me dreaming of doing that for so long and now being able to do it in such a direct way makes me a happy camper.
Give it a try dinger136!
It may grow on you more(it has me).
John
Don't get me wrong, I like the effect, and I will use it. I will just have to use it differently then the routine I have come up with using the Easy Money original gimmick.
I have Handout 500, but at least for now prefer Extreme Burn. It is so comfortable to pull out, and if you change the bills back, it is reset.
I have only seen one live performance of Handout 500, and it was quite awkward, nothing like the video.

Sammy
Yea extreme burn is much smoother to pull off and reset
[quote]
On 2010-01-14 02:05, mr.nemo wrote:
Yea extreme burn is much smoother to pull off and reset
[/quote]

I agree with Mr. Nemo. I sold my Handout, the handling wasn't for me and I have given so much enjoyment to those who I've shown Extreme Burn.
And, why not combine the Burke Version and this one?

They are many way in this product to finish clean, as burke version.

Why not to utilize the burke version and the hand out cleaning subtilities....
I guess I'm old fashioned... I still use Pat Page's original with the Fred Kaps offset fold. Changing bits of paper cut from magazines to dollar bills. Worked for Kaps, works for me.
I find it funny that he hands out 5 hundred dollar bills. Like lagit I would be running if someone handed me that kind of cash. lol

EB all the way!