(Close Window)
Topic: New - "Best of All Worlds"
This should be an interesting book for all lovers of the "Out of this World" plot.

"Best of All Worlds"

http://www.earthslargestmagicshop.com/

Filled with history, stories, and, most of all, magic, Best of All Worlds pays tribute to one of the greatest card tricks of all time: Paul Curry's classic card effect Out of This World.

Best of All Worlds is not just a book about a 'Magic Trick". It is an extensive, in-depth look at what Dai Vernon called "the card trick of the century."

Foreword written by Max Maven

Preface written by Michael Weber

Chronicling the creative evolution of this single magical effect over seven decades, Best of All Worlds brings the history and challenges of Out of This World to light. It is a unique collection of over thirty routines -- some old, some new, some never before seen in print -- submitted by the world's leading magicians. In addition to their personal performances, the contributors have given insight into and musings about how this classic effect has influenced their magic.

Out of This World has influenced some of the world's greatest magicians. It temporarily put a World War on hold. The odds of it actually happening are staggering.

Contributions from: Michael Ammar, Lee Asher, Gordon Bean, Norman Beck, Rafael Benetar, Arthur Benjamin, Francis Carlyle, John Carney, Tony Clark, Paul Curry, Daryl, Doc Dixon, Doc Eason, Jason England, Aaron Fisher, Roberto Giobbi, Tony Giorgio, Paul Green, Helder Guimar„es, Howard Hamburg, Paul Harris, Joshua Jay, Luke Jermay, Wyman Jones, Richard Kaufmann, Kenton Knepper, Simon Lovell, Stephen Minch, Martin Nash, Darwin Ortiz, Richard Osterlind, David Regal, John Scarne, T. C. Tahoe, Tomas, Roy Walton, Gregory Wilson, R. Paul Wilson, Alan Zingg AND MORE!!!

Written and compiled by Brent Arthur James Geris, Bob Postelnik and Duppy Demetrius.

Over 350 pages, Hardbound
It looks good.I see the forward and the preface were written by Max Maven and Michael Weber. Anyone know if either of these gentlemen have a version in there as well?
Is that the ONLY shop that carries it? Not that there is anything wrong with that...

Thanks,

Nathan
I was surprised not to see Harry Lorayne's name among the contributers listed.
Whad'd'ya mean? I'm "And more"! Unless, they decided not to use my contribution, which I think is my Out of this Universe, and you know something? I'd be glad about that - I'm a bit sorry now that I gave permission to use it. C'mon - in the real world - I'd rather you buy my book with my write up of the routine, than someone else's book. No? Hl.
That's good to hear Harry. I couldn't imagine your thinking on this plot not being included in this big book.

Hope all is well with you.
Harry, I think I have most of your books. They're great.

Still waiting for "Classic Collection 3" like many others.
I'm in the all-star "And more" team as well :) My contribution is an 'in the hands' version (no table and no piles) that can be done with a full deck but is better with a small packet of about 18 cards.
There are a lot of great "red/black" routines missing from this book. Oh well. JP
Beautiful book, just received. Mr. Lorayne does appear in the book. But, remember, to support all the creative talent out there, buy Mr. Lorayne's books (ALL OF THEM) and buy Best Of All Worlds. Support creative talent. No fighting. Let's be happy that Mr. Curry started it all.

Abe
VIKING has it.

http://www.vikingmagic.com

ALEX
Does anybody have the complete list of contributors to this book?
[quote]
On 2010-01-26 00:23, MarkFarrar wrote:
Does anybody have the complete list of contributors to this book?
[/quote]

Check my post here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=348543&forum=110&14

Richard
Richard,

Thanks.
This book is now back in print if anyone is interested: http://www.themagicapple.com/all-magic/playing-cards/trick-card-decks/179/521/all-magic/P-best-of-all-worlds-10th-anniversary-special