(Close Window)
Topic: Kid Birthday Party Jidders...
Tonight a friend of mine asked me over to a cook out his friend was having. He mentioned to everyone that I did magic. So I went to my car to get my case while everyone gathered in the living room. I was a bit nervous but didn't feel pressured much since I was not getting paid to do it. I guess I really blew evryone away. So much so that everyone was asking for my business card afterwards. Which I don't have since I took a while off from performing. I even got a paid birthday gig out of it.
This is the thing, I have never gotten paid to do a show before or done many kids shows. Which now I'm feeling the pressure to live up to. I am so nervous now that money is involved. This what I been waiting for the past 7 years and now that it is here I've been thinking of backing out of it.
I have 2 1/2 weeks and I don't even know where to begin. Can someone please help me out here. Any books or video suggestions would also be helpful.
Plenty of books out there.
I've got some material that I can show you to help you out. Give me a call and lets talk about it. I'm in the phone book under magicians, Alexander Oliver the magic of. Heck, 686-1859.

oliver
Purpul,
Don't back out!
It's only natural that you would be nervous before your first show; you wouldn't be human if you weren't.
But it will get easier and easier.
You obviously know your material, so that's not a problem (and that's usually the biggest problem!).

Just remember: You have the edge because you know what you are going to do and they don't!
The best place to learn is at a small party like this. Experience will improve your show.

Just Jump in.
You've just said you performed at the cookout and it went well, so just build off what you already have. Once you start the show the nerves will disapear.