(Close Window)
Topic: Bending bottle caps
Anyone know a good method for bending a bottle cap into its original shape while inside the bottle without getting bend marks? much appreciated!
Use a dowel or a drumbstick, you really just have to play with it till its flat. and when you put the cap in the bottle only bend it as much as you absolutely have to to get it in. all in all, this really isn't worth the effort.
Thanks Paco! I was trying to stay away from dowel method if anyone else can help
I suggest you ask Charlie Justice of cap trap fame
vinny
I agree with Vinny, ask Charlie Justice. He also has a new video out Prohibition 2.0

http://jeffpiercemagic.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=9

I posted the link not cause Jeff and Charlie are friends of mine but that I love Charlie's work.
My dads a smart guy, he told me it will be impossible. I want to prove him wrong!
Is it just me, or has anyone's "Too Perfect Theory" buttons been pushed too?

[quote]

http://jeffpiercemagic.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=9

[/quote]
Inserting a cap in a glass bottle is time consuming and does not allow you to hand out the bottle prior to the effect much less use a borrowed bottle. Sometimes this is fine...sometimes it isn't practical.

My solution allows you to openly insert the cap right in front of the spectator during the performance and be able to hand them the bottle with an unbent cap within at the end. As to being "too perfect"?...I do not subscribe to that theory as I continually strive for perfection......even though I wont get there.

Peace, charlie
I too agree with charlie and do not think something can be to perfect! if you was able to do real magic by putting a bottle into a cap for example then it would look just that. perfect ie no bends in cap and no explanation.

Charlie can you give the bottle away to the spec with cap inside?
[quote]
On 2010-01-20 14:44, Charlie Justice wrote:
Inserting a cap in a glass bottle is time consuming and does not allow you to hand out the bottle prior to the effect much less use a borrowed bottle. Sometimes this is fine...sometimes it isn't practical.

My solution allows you to openly insert the cap right in front of the spectator during the performance and be able to hand them the bottle with an unbent cap within at the end. As to being "too perfect"?...I do not subscribe to that theory as I continually strive for perfection......even though I wont get there.

Peace, charlie
[/quote]
So you set the unbent cap up during the performance?
Is this method on your new DVD?
Sounds fantastic.
Yes...the method is on the provisions DVD and yes you can hand it out to the spectator immediately after penetration.
Peace, charlie
Thanks Charlie,I will have to get your new DVD although I'm pretty happy with the bent cap method.If the unbent method is just as efficient,this takes it to the next level.

Chappelly
New prohibition dvd is fantastic. The method to put an unbent cap in the bottlee is very well explained.
Charlie,

Do you have a upgrade package for those of us who purchased the original version?
I would be interested in that as well...
I've used a plastic knitting needle, a wood dowel, and long metal spike. All worked quite well. As stated above, bend the cap as little as possible when putting it in the bottle. With a little effort, you can straighten it back to its original shape.

I've used Charlie Justice's original bent cap method with great reactions. I wasn't aware of his flat cap improvement! Any video of that available?

I've also used Justin Miller's CAPtured method. Great effect but being able to borrow/examine the bottle at start would be preferred. Sounds like I will need to checkout the Prohibition 2.0. Since this type of effect is PERFECT for bars & pubs.

Has anyone used Ghost Cap by Joe Porper?

Metatron :)
Yes, but my critique isn't fair as It's my invention.
I purchased Prohibition 2.0 a while ago.

Man, that IS a worker. For sure.
I stand corrected.

Has anyone used Ghost Cap by Pete Biro?

;)
JOe makes them so we're both involved. Get one you will be delighted. It's a very specially laser cut cap with an invisible hinge. Push it into ANY beer bottle.
The "unbent" method I came up with on Prohibition 2.0 uses any bottle cap and takes about 30 seconds to make. Once you have one made up I show you how to perform it on the spot with an empty borrowed bottle and the bottle with the "unbent" cap inside is disposable.

peace, charlie
Thank you very much, Mr. Justice.
I just love your effect.

Metatron
I had problem bending bottle cap with my fingers... Any suggestion on how I can make it easier?
[quote]
On 2010-03-19 19:33, nonvpro wrote:
Charlie,

Do you have a upgrade package for those of us who purchased the original version?
[/quote]

Charlie,
What's the latest info on purchasing the upgrade package?
(I believe a PDF format was discussed)

Thanks!

Rochaz
Yes Charlie your fans are clamoring for an upgrade option!! I love your work on covert coins by the way.
[quote]
On 2010-03-22 15:47, AaronishMagic wrote:
I had problem bending bottle cap with my fingers... Any suggestion on how I can make it easier?
[/quote]

I found if I place it in finger palm position, and just squeeze my hand it will bend fairly easy. One edge of the cap at the base of the fingers (where the fingers join the palm).
[quote]
On 2010-03-22 15:47, AaronishMagic wrote:
[/quote]
Grip the cap as if you are about to bend it...now push into the inside of it, with your other hand's thumb, AS you bend it thus greatly facilitating its collapse.

Peace, Charlie
You've asked for it so here it is. Prohibition 2.0 It will be available in three flavors.

First, purchase the Prohibitions DVD including the Bonus Provisions DVD from Jeffpiercemagic.com for $24.95 and receive the Digital Download for free!

Second, purchase both Prohibition 2.0 and Provisions as a Digital Download Combo for $19.95

And lastly, if you already own the original Prohibition DVD and just wand the bonus DVD Provisions, get it as a Digital Download for just $9.95.

These offers are only available directly from http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com and not through other dealers.

Thank you,
Jeff Pierce Magic