(Close Window)
Topic: Coney
Wants the rides up and running this summer.
http://www.ny1.com/1-all-boroughs-news-content/top_stories/112303/-i-ny1-exclusive---i--city-names-coney-island-amusement-operator
So what will this meen ?
The goal posts regarding Coney Island and its future if any, go up and down like a pair of prostitutes knickers !

Is this a reprieve or what.

Ken.
This is a stop gap measure designed to keep life in Coney Island while long term plans are put into place. Zamperla operated a summer time kiddy park at the skating rink in Central Park. They are a good company and I'm sure they will do well in Coney Island. They build rides, so it is unclear what else they will bring in for the summer. JS#3 has said that he is in talks with Thor about using some of their property this summer. Coney Island will be worth a visit this year to see what is being done there.

I'm working on other projects right now and will wait for the dust settles before looking to Coney Island for an future involvement.
More:
http://amusingthezillion.com/2010/01/26/scoop-zamperlas-24m-coney-island-park-to-be-named-luna-park/
Zamperla of all the ride companies that provide carnival rides 'gets it'. The kiddie rides are top notch in design and fun. This is exciting news to see what they come up with. Count on it being COLORFUL!
Speaking of Coney Island, the Astroland rides are up for sale. Check them out at:

http://www.italintl.com/Astroland-Park-Amusement-Rides.php

Note: There is a Zamperla Convoy for sale in this group.

ROD
[quote]
On 2010-01-28 12:27, Doug Higley wrote:
Zamperla of all the ride companies that provide carnival rides 'gets it'. The kiddie rides are top notch in design and fun. This is exciting news to see what they come up with. Count on it being COLORFUL!
[/quote]

Yep, I'm always impressed by the art work and design of the Zamperla rides. Victorian Gardens in Central Park is really nothing but Kiddie rides but they are fun and look great.
Message: Posted by: The Curator of the Unusual (Jan 28, 2010 01:11PM)
[quote]
Count on it being COLORFUL!
[/quote]

Especially if #3 is there!...
JS#3 will be back. He was in town yesterday and was having a meeting with Thor Equities. I am glad that John is talking directly with the landlord instead of though a "property manager". The plans that John laid out were very good for Coney Island (did I just "John" and "good for Coney Island" in the same sentence?) and one of them involves Amusements of America. If the numbers work out and both A of A and Zamperla show up this summer, then it will be the best thing to happen to Coney Island in a LONG time. A lot of this lays upon Joe Sitt playing nice with people, and that is a big question mark.

[quote]
On 2010-01-28 14:11, The Curator of the Unusual wrote:
[quote]
Count on it being COLORFUL!
[/quote]

Especially if #3 is there!...
[/quote]
Thanks for the updates. I'll have to visit and be relieve myself to see if my plaque is still up.

Michael