(Close Window)
Topic: More traffic than Google???
http://www.newtraffichoneyhole.com/

If this is the greatest thing since sliced bread then maybe I shouldn't be posting it here ;)

But seriously, watch the video. If you don't or can't watch it basically the guy is selling a product called "Facebook Ad Power". He claims that this is where online advertising is headed and even quotes Google as saying that this was the one competitor they really feared. But what do you guys think?

My fear is that it is content oriented and not search oriented. So if Facebook user Suzy-Q has a cat or is into gymnastics then she would see cat products and gymnastics products being advertised to her. I think this would be PHENOMINAL for products because you can zero in on gender, race, age, religion, etc, etc, etc. But what about services??? Where do the entertainers/magicians fall into this equation? Am I missing the big picture here?

Lets talk!
The problem with facebook marketing is that people aren't in the mindset of SEARCHING while on facebook. This is a huge problem.

When people type in a keyword into google, they're looking for something. Looking to buy something, looking for information.

I've tried both FB advertising and AdWords, and didn't have success with either. In fact, I haven't yet been able to find any MAGICIANS who use google adwords and have had success.

I've love to hear from any magicians who have been able to get AdWords or FB advertising to work for them.
Newspaper, magazine, TV and radio advertising are not search oriented either but they work. They are also very expensive.

I have had great success with SEO (never used ad words) but I, too, am fearful that the Google boom will loose its luster at some point in favor or something new. This could be it. I am very, very tight with my advertising wallet, but I am considering this.
It wouldn't surprise me that Google shivers at the thought of Facebook, hence the launch of their new app "Buzz" that seems to resemble a Facebook type application. Advertising on Facebook may not be the best place to advertis but it is a great resource for networking with Moms.
[quote]
On 2010-02-12 04:48, Alikzam wrote:
In fact, I haven't yet been able to find any MAGICIANS who use google adwords and have had success.
[/quote]

Now you have ;)

I assume you weren't shooting from the hip when you tried them out correct? I assume you at least studied "Adwords for Dummies" or Perry Marshall's course yes? I see HUGE mistakes that magicians are making everyday with adwords. Things they would have figured out after studying the first few chapters of Perry's course...

Actually, I would prefer that most magicians think the way you do. Makes life a lot easier, and cheaper for me :)
[quote]
On 2010-02-12 04:48, Alikzam wrote:

I've tried both FB advertising and AdWords, and didn't have success with either. In fact, I haven't yet been able to find any MAGICIANS who use google adwords and have had success.

I've love to hear from any magicians who have been able to get AdWords or FB advertising to work for them.
[/quote]

I've been using Adwords for about three years with great success. As Hart mentioned, Adwords for Dummies and Perry Marshall's course are both "must have's", otherwise, you're spinning your wheels.

Lou Serrano
Just look at your own online habits . . . if you are spending more time on certain sites (Facebook, etc.) over the last year, then think of how much everyone else is too? Google won't be going anywhere, but watch how online advertising is modified in the next few years due to social media influences . . .
Like Lou, I know many very successful performers who are using Ad Words with awesome results and returns.

Lou is dead on, and like ANY marketing; you can do it well or not so well, but there certainly ARE ways to 'do it right' and get massive results, but it takes more that guesswork.

Whoo Hoo...
Whats your ROI? Are you making money from it for selling entertainment services, rather than information products, courses, etc? How many different landing pages and sites do you have?

[quote]
Actually, I would prefer that most magicians think the way you do. Makes life a lot easier, and cheaper for me :)
[/quote]

I won't be competing against your keywords, so I hope you'll be willing some of your techniques with us. If you'd rather not share them on the open forum, feel free to PM me.
[quote]
On 2010-02-14 16:13, Alikzam wrote:
Whats your ROI? Are you making money from it for selling entertainment services, rather than information products, courses, etc? How many different landing pages and sites do you have?

[quote]
[/quote]

I won't be competing against your keywords, so I hope you'll be willing some of your techniques with us. If you'd rather not share them on the open forum, feel free to PM me.
[/quote]

It costs me anywhere from 35 to 70 bucks per month usually and I book 2-5 shows a month with them. I know those aren't exact numbers but as you know adwords is not an exact science. There are so many variables and you are always split testing ads, adding new keywords and phrases along with negative keywords on things that aren't converting or not getting desired traffic, etc. You have to test the ads and pay attention to google analytics to see whats working. Adwords(and Keyword Generator) is actually a great way to figure out SEO strategies as it gives you quick test results without wasting too much time and work. If I was optimizing a site I would run adwords for a while to know what I should be optimizing FOR...

Like Lou and I have said, until you are ready to invest a little bit of money(20-60 bucks depending on course or book) on one of the many courses and books available you are simply spinning your wheels.

I couldn't care less if you use adwords or not and am definitely not here to "defend" them or prove to you that they work, I would rather magicians think they didn't :)

Good luck.
OK I was offline for awhile (changing internet providers GRRR) and am getting back to catch up on things..

This was a great launch as far as a program.. and ALL the internet marketing gurus had bonus' for signing up through their affiliate link.

Facebook advertising has less traffic (as far as clicks) but MUCH higher quality I have seen a much higher conversion ratio through facebook.. I am currently running 4 campaigns on facebook and for the few clicks I am getting the return is HUGE..

Love how targeted you can get your demographics ..
and how targeted you can focus the landing page your bringing them to..

Imagine a add for Doctors throwing a office party .. and ONLY doctors throwing a office party would see your add and landing page.. how targeted could you write the content.. I love facebook advertising
I received the following from StomperNet. The links will not highlight, but it is the same thing as the first post link:

Ok, maybe that's just wishful thinking, but
the truth is Google Adwords sucks, and it
was just a matter of time until someone came
along to knock them off their high horse.

And folks... that's Facebook!

They are OWNING Google in the Advertising
space right now and they are just warming up...

Click this link for the full story

Ryan Deiss and many other top marketers
have officially FIRED Google for search
advertising and switched their entire
budget to Facebook (except for Gmail)

Why?

Because...

1. Facebook has way more traffic. Over 39
BILLION page views a month

2. Ryan has been TARGETING his ads so
that only people who really want his stuff
see his ads... (seems like Marketing 101, but
an amazing number of people aren't doing it)

3. Facebook is simple to use and fast, you'll
be getting killer traffic in just a few hours

4. Facebook ads are 1/4 - HALF the cost of
Google Adwords

5. Facebook loves affiliates and they love
their advertisers and marketers...

and about 100 other reasons :)

Ryan explains the whole thing in this video.

Ryan has done it again, this is really cool stuff.

Best regards,

Brad

P.S. Be quick because I've heard Ryan is planning
on removing this FREE report soon before the
whole world gets to it so you better go watch it now,
before it's gone.

P.P.S. Wait till you see Ryan's hottest trick
that could get you millions of ad views for
FREE!

To watch his presentation now, click here
That annoys me SOOOO Much... Stompernet used to be the BRAINTRUST of internet marketing..

they have now become the wholesaler of Internet marketing courses

they still have great content but its not the same level.. really sad

whats really sad is since the "REBIRTH" of stompernet the real GURUS havn't put up training matirial ..

EXAMPLE: Jerry West, the only guy to actualy social engineer Google for info (funny story) is no longer a staff member.
Howies Schwartz, the Market Domination KING (and guy who takes over the whole page of Google if he wants it) is no longer a staff member
Andy Jenkins the VIDEO GURU above all , umm no longer a staff member
Leslie Rhodie the Grandfather of SEO and the guy who figured out Page Rank before google published.. still on staff but no new content

and the list goes on and on
the content is still good.. just not uber elite
Just finished the Perry Marshall course and have implemented several things I see working right away!
The funny part about Perry Marshall

he outsources his SEO..

yall might not find that funny, but I think it is (=

Perry for YEARS has been the standard of how to run PPC campaigns you should hunt down Dan Theis PPC triangulation method now that your doing a campaign like Perry is saying.. Dan's system fine tunes it into a sniper rifle..
Not much up on the google words, crackbook or seo for that matter. Not to say that it is wrong because you guys are kickin me with solid PROOF but I thought this might be of some interest to you.

http://tech.ca.msn.com/pcworld-article.aspx?cp-documentid=23708026

I do not endorse, believe, disregard or understand any of it, just thought you might like to read it!

Cheers.
Interesting read... thanks.
[quote]
On 2010-02-24 07:35, MikeClay wrote:
The funny part about Perry Marshall

he outsources his SEO..

yall might not find that funny, but I think it is (=

Perry for YEARS has been the standard of how to run PPC campaigns you should hunt down Dan Theis PPC triangulation method now that your doing a campaign like Perry is saying.. Dan's system fine tunes it into a sniper rifle..
[/quote]

I looked at the triangulation method and I guess it just seemed that the benefits weren't there because we aren't dealing with huge, competitive, expensive keywords. Don't you think Perry's methods are better for us? I would love to hear your thoughts on this Mike.

It is also possible that I didn't fully understand the triangulation method and how it could work for magicians but I did watch the whole video a d though it was great.
Hart,
I am sorry I keep missing yoI think I need to get the Café back on my daily visit list...

the triangulation method just adds a more fine tuned tracking to it (keep in mind the PM book I have is from 06)

it is more difficult to setup but will let you know QUICK if something isn't making you money.

But back to the original topic.. more traffic than Google.. I'm looking into mobile marketing for entertainers.. building my test group right now to see how well it works..

but yeah the bigger your campaign is the more benefit it has..
I just get picky and want to know what is working and what doesn't
so I am always testing and Dan Theis system is geared more toward being able to test more effectively I feel..
but then the 3 campaigns I currently am running 2 are big and the 3rd is very small (I do the same thing though to keep it simple for my outsourcing)

but from looking at your site.. just triple your backlinks with good use of keywords in the anchor text.. you could easily take over your market by simply getting more links and then promote the promoter... (Squidoo.. Hubpages.. Wetpaint)
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your time! You rock!

So for what I'm doing and the little it costs me do you think I'm better off to "blanket" or fill in the gaps with a lot of keywords in my campaign? I have a good set of Negative keywords that I add to now and again to keep the costs down but right now I am spending about 20-50 bucks a month on each of my campaigns.

Thanks again...
The way I do it... and the way that I suggest for ANY SIZE campaign..

start wide but split test to find the best AD per keyword phrase / landing page..

some keyword phrases have almost no commercial value.. so if you have a ad for that bring them into a Informational page that then moves them to commercial..

it turns into more of a matching keywords to the proper content..

so to "blanket".. nope.. start wider (like a blanket campaign) but work at finding what works then build multiple ad's for that phrase and test to see what ad's get the most clicks and so on...

also by narrowing down your list it frees up money for other markets..
and when you find a phrase that converts VERY well build a organic listing and optimize your Google Local for it as well..

Heck I would even go as far as building a niche Twitter account and using TwitterHawk and the Twellowhood to find people in the social enviroment as well