(Close Window)
Topic: Carny Sideshows: Weird Wonders Of The Midway
Greetings:

With [b]Carny Sideshows: Weird Wonders Of The Midway[/b] (Citadel Press, March 2010) just weeks away from release, I've started putting together a few videos that will live on the carnysideshows.com website. These videos will also exist on youtube, and you can see the preview video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNZy2pL10EQ

If you enjoy it, please be sure to pass it on to a friend, and let us know that you liked it by dropping us an email at mondaymorningsonthemidway@gmail.com

Alternatively, if you don't like it, please keep your comments to yourself.

HA!

:)
Next month's (March) Ballycast will feature an interview with the author. As the oldtime radio announcer used to say, "don't miss it if you can!"
Can't wait to hear it...I wonder what he'll say.....
The vid was fun! I liked it and can't wait for the book!
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Feb 16, 2010 04:03PM)
Yep, nice work.... I wonder if that's a Nippulini nail, hmmm?

Also can't wait to see the book. I'm so excited, I think I may be moist.
I'm REALLY looking forward to this particular release!

Chris
Fun Fun Fun!
Count me in!
Jondark445: For about 1 week, you'll be in a unique position to do one heck of a mentalism book test. Cash in while you can!
Just got my copy in the mail--very excited!

(Flipped thru it, and I've already learned something: when Damien Blade swallows a sword, he looks just like Brett Loudermilk!)

Gonna sit down in my comfiest chair and start reading, tonight.
It is a wonderful book. A must for everyone that visits this section of the Café.
[quote]
On 2010-02-24 21:15, Stephon wrote:
... and I've already learned something: when Damien Blade swallows a sword, he looks just like Brett Loudermilk....
[/quote]

You noticed that too? :X Really though I've been looking forward to reading this book for quite some time. Congratulations Tony!!
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Feb 25, 2010 09:05AM)
How can I get a copy?
I ordered mine from Amazon. I saw it at Barnes & Noble the other day, it's in the Cultural Studies section.
Thanks everyone! I had such a small window to put this together....I hope everyone likes it....and thanks to everyone who has been saying good things about it...it really does mean a lot....and makes those nights where I was crammed up in our extra bedroom typing worthwhile...

As I've been saying...it's not WAR AND PEACE...but then again...at least it's not WAR AND PEACE....

--Tony
[quote]
On 2010-02-25 11:38, Danny Borneo wrote:
I ordered mine from Amazon. I saw it at Barnes & Noble the other day, it's in the Cultural Studies section.
[/quote]

Try and order this book from your local independent bookseller, not Amazon or Barnes & Noble. Support your local community; your local bookstore can order it for you and get it in your hands within a week.

Thanks from all the independent booksellers,

Tim
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Feb 25, 2010 08:40PM)
You know what? I think I'll do that. As a partner in a mom & pop type shop I can sympathize.
Yes, coming from someone who is an editor of an independent zine (FOUND), supporting your local indie bookstore is the best all around.

Brett.
Just received my complimentary copy in the mail today. All I can say is what an excellent book! All the best to you, Tony! Make it to the best seller list!

TGN
Tim:

Don't know who you are....but I'm completely on board on that count! Do support your local indies! I have an indie signing scheduled for April in Salem, MA and hope to schedule more!

--Tony
I support you in any way you can sell your book.

You come to my neck of the woods and we'll have a real event.

Berkeley likes sideshow & freaks.

I can supply the entertainment.

And everyone... buy the book! If you can't get it locally, DO buy it on-line.
If you love the subject matter, it's important to support it's publication.
( You know why...)

Thanks,
Tim
Hey Tony!

Great job!