(Close Window)
Topic: Peter Austin's New "21 Century Fire Wallet" Line
I now own 3 of Peter Austin's Fire Wallets from his "21st Century Fire Wallets" line and I thought it was time to post a review on his products and services. I wanted to wait a while to really use them and and "put them to the test" before posting this review. Its been 4 months since I got my first wallet "Fusion of Fire" and I must say I am totally impressed as are many other Café Members (see "up in smoke" section).

Everything about his products show that Mr. Austin really cares about his customers and goes the extra mile to give you the best bang for your buck. I was so impressed when I got my first wallet in this really nice and beautifully designed metal tin. No poly plastic ziplock bag here... Everything from the extra accessories, printed matter and instructional video were also very well done and though out. Definitely a class act and very professional.

From the moment I opened the metal tin and started unwrapping my new wallet I could see this was NOT just another ordinary fire wallet. When I finally had it in my hands and got to look at how it worked and was designed my jaw just dropped. I had NEVER seen a Fire Wallet that was so ingenious, so advanced, and so beautifully made. I truly have to give Mr. Austin kudos for a real work of ART. I have to say I truly felt I was UNDERCHARGED considering what I was holding in my hands.

I thought to myself, if this wallet works half as good as it looks I will be totally pleased with my purchase. Well, needless to say, it worked even BETTER than I had ever imagined. So much that I went and ordered ANOTHER ONE! I figured the price HAD to go up soon and I wanted to get it at the same low price...

I can't show you the wallets and I don't want to sound like an advertisement so I'm going to direct you to his website so that you can see his new line of Fire Wallets for yourself. He has demo videos and has LOTS of information on each wallet for those of you who like to read.

I will say this though, I've owned over 10 fire wallets in the last 20 years and seen just about EVERY ONE EVER MADE on the market over the last two decades. NOTHING COMES EVEN CLOSE to the amazing innovation, quality, and designs of Mr. Austin's products. His line of wallets are NOT just your average ordinary Fire Wallet, he has OTHER Fire Effects incorporated in his wallets making them not only unique, but MIND BOGGLING. One of his latest additions to the line include a TRIPLE EFFECT Fire Wallet which is my Favorite! I LOVE IT! They are so easy to use and maintain too. I was using mine minutes after watching the video and freaking people out, its really a great attention getter.

The last thing I want to mention is that Mr. Austin has worked out every problem I've ever experienced with a fire wallet and has TREMENDOUSLY IMPROVED this kind of effect. You have to see it to believe it:

Here is Peter's Website:

http://www.peteraustinmagic.net

The Magic Maker
I went to the site. No photos. Just silly drawings of the wallets. lol.
I also have Peter's 21st century fire wallet. Well, I actually have two. I was so impressed with it that I bought a second one.

Peter has some demos of his products on his site. This item does have a demo.

I've owned several fire wallets and this is the best one that I have owned. It's well made, quiet, and a sure fire electronic ignition. It's also a nice thin wallet.

I'm looking forward to receiving my business card wallet from Peter. Peter also has a demo of this on his site.

I'm done looking for other fire wallets. Peter has solved all of the issues I had with fire wallets(no flint wheel, no sound issues, thin, well made, no flash items for ignition, etc.)

If you're looking for another fire wallet, give Peter's a try. I think you'll be impressed.
Hey Everyone,

I just got my latest purchase from Peter and although it did take a longer than usual to get it, it was WELL WORTH THE WAIT. I'd much rather wait a bit more for a GREAT product than to get a "CRAPPY" product faster. I have purchased quite a few of Peter's items and have become somewhat on a "friendly" basis with him and have had the opportunity to talk to him personally. The ONE thing I can say about him is that he is one of the nicest and most honest people I have ever met. His high standard of honor and integrity not only show in his personality, but, as anyone who has ever purchased one of his items knows, it also shows in his work and products.

I recently spoke to Peter and he told me he is currently experiencing what he called "growing pains." This is the point in a company's growth where the demand for its products increases faster than the company's means can produce. You have to remember that EACH one of Peter's products is HAND CRAFTED and is not made in some factory in Asia. Right now Peter is pretty much flying "solo" since his dad, who recently passed away, is no longer there to work with him. Peter also told me that he is in the process of expanding his facilities and will soon have more resources to get products out faster. Because he is currently so bogged down trying to get out products he only has enough time for correspondence once a week. Peter has ALWAYS responded to my emails even if it takes him a few days. It amazes me how quick someone is to post negative comments in a PUBLIC forum about someone who would bend over backwards to try and make you happy. He would NEVER rip someone off or try to scam them. He also has a family to support and posting negative comments in an open forum can only hurt someone. Peter is guilty of being slow, but I have yet to read ANYTHING about him being dishonest and taking people's money.

I asked Peter why he doesn't come on the Café and post himself and he told me that although he respects the Café and its members, he just doesn't have the time. He asked me if I would consider being his "spokesperson" and I have gladly accepted his request... I have become quite fond of Peter and his items and I obviously spend enough time here on the Café.

Peter has asked me to post here on the Café that although he is a bit behind he WILL get your order out and if you waited longer than the normal shipping time he is including a "bonus" accessory pack to show you his appreciation. He also said orders are currently taking about 14-20 business days and he wants to be sure everyone is aware of this. He expects this shipping time to be much less as soon as he gets caught up and has his new facility up and running.

For those of you who already have a Peter Austin product, you know how great they are. I don't have to tell you because you already know that his items are of the HIGHEST quality and innovation. For those of you who don't know Peter's products I just want to tell you that in MY opinion (and many other Café members), the extra wait for his products is WELL worth it... Quality always takes more time...

The Magic Maker

Posted: May 1, 2010 4:30am
Dear Alex Tan,

Peter explained to me what happened with your order and how he was negligent in checking his other email account which is where you were writing him. Apparently he never gets customer's writing him at his AOL account and has that email just as his paypal email address. He would never purposely ignore someone. He also told me that you received the item he sent you and you seemed pleased. Were you happy with the quality of the item? I know your last post said that Peter "took care" of you but what did you think of what you received? Was it worth the wait? I think it would be nice if you could share your thoughts and comments with us so we know if you feel Peter did his best to accommodate you even though he admittedly made some errors with your order.

The Magic Maker

PS... To anyone else reading this who wants to contact Peter, you should email him at his website email address. peter@peteraustinmagic.net to assure the fastest reply.

[quote]
On 2010-04-15 05:34, Joe Mauro wrote:
I went to the site. No photos. Just silly drawings of the wallets. lol.
[/quote]

Just silly drawings? Hmmm... I guess you didn't see the demo videos huh? Or the pages of information Peter has on each wallet? As for your "silly drawings" comment, Peter has told me that he'd rather spend his time on making HIGH QUALITY items than spend time and money on "high-tech" ad graphics and images. What better than a VIDEO would you want to see? I'm just amazed how people are so quick to write such commentaries but yet if they were the ones being scrutinized or ridiculed it would be a different story all together... I personally think those "silly drawings" are not half bad, but then that is just my opinion. Nevertheless, I'm not buying Peter's product because it has a nice graphic on the label, I'm buying it because it is the BEST product money can buy. Who cares what the art work looks like? Even if he did have actual pictures of the wallets, what would you see? A wallet... Peter does not show his wallets "workings." Every wallet in the line uses the same, good quality lambskin wallet. I'm sure if you really need to see a picture of what they look like all you'd have to do is ask him and I'm sure he would be happy to send you one.

The Magic Maker
The wallet is great but wasn't what I had in mind, many problems were solved but one factor that I think is very important is how long the fluid would last in the wallet, that is not what I had expected.

I have many different fire wallets that I picked up over the years and although I am always in search of a better one, I always returned to the ones I got from Tito Cris of Philippines. Believe it or not, even in Singapore's humidity, the fluid lasts at least 2 full days in the wallet.

Back to Peter's wallet, it is great, just not what I had expected. The ignition is the best I have seen in a fire wallet.

As to his service, it would have been so much better if the customer can be informed of any delays, especially a delay that is longer than one would expect. Whether the customer emailed or not, to whichever email one might have is irrelevant, in my opinion. If a delay is expected, how difficult is it to just send a short email informing the customer?

I understand that Peter's products are handcrafted and not mass produced in factories in Asia, but mass produced or handcrafted isn't necessarily a good measure of quality so I don't quite understand your argument. Pardon me but what's wrong with Asia to you anyway?

I have products from all over the World and the region they came from doesn't tell me anything as to their quality in particular, maybe you can enlighten me?

Good and bad quality can come from anywhere from my experience.

Once again, I like to state that I am pleased that I received what I was supposed to receive, and although it took longer and much more than necessary to get it, I am glad it's over.

Peter refunded me and offered the wallet to me free of charge for the problem he caused, and I wrote and offered to pay for what I received including its shipping costs.

I have yet to hear from him.

I hope you now know what you needed to know.

Cheers,
Alex
Dear Alex,

As for your comments on the wick system and how long the lighter fluid lasts. You made a very good point that things like humidity can affect the evaporation rate of the lighter fluid. I was a bit confused by what you said though since as far as I know (and I may be wrong) things evaporate "less quickly" in high humidity. But again, I am not a scientist nor do I know if you meant Singapore has high or low humidity.

I too have owned and seen MANY fire wallets over the last 20 years and I have also seen most of the Asian versions as well. There are a few other factors that must be mentioned in all fairness to Peter. I don't want people thinking that his wick system is flawed or poorly designed base on you comments. Peter cannot control the environment and therefore cannot guarantee the length of time the lighter fluid will stay in the wicks. Secondly, its quite obvious the larger the wick is the more fluid it will absorb. All the wallets I've seen from Asia are HUGE and BULKY and can accommodate considerably larger wicks. You also didn't mention that you're talking about a MANUAL STRIKER Fire wallet that has no electronic or power source, just a little, tiny striker. Therefore, considering this, there is much more room to accommodate larger wicks. The question is "how long does the lighter fluid need to last?" The wallets I have from Peter, fully loaded, have lasted in my wallet for at least 12 hours. But again, there are many factors also involved in this equation. If you loaded the wallet and then ignited it 5 or 6 times in a row right off the bat, of course the fluid is not going to be as much the next time you go to use it. My point is, how the wallet is used tremendously determines the amount of time the fluid will last. Peter's wallets use the BEST 1" wide, super absorbent wicks that are not glued down and are very cleverly held with steel powder coated material which also aids in slowing down the evaporation process. The wicks are also very cleverly arranged at different heights so that when the wallet is closed, the wicks create somewhat of a "seal" which also contributes to the conservation of the fluid.

So lets compare peaches to peaches and apples to apples... I have only found TWO other people who make electronic wallets and neither of them come even close to Peter's wick system. (If someone is interested PM me and I can send you links so you can see for yourself.) One of the competitor's wallets has only ONE very small wick and the other guy's wallet glues the wicks down. If glue is used to hold down a wick how much of the glue has already absorbed into the wick? That can't be good for maximum lighter fluid absorption.

Again, I have fueled my (Peter Austin's) wallet, not used it, and picked it up 12 hours later and it still ignites. I guess 2 days would be better, but I don't like big bulky striker wallets which is why I went with an electronic one. I'm ok with 12 hours, but again that's just my opinion. Peter's wallets are just the right size, slim, trim and if you consider everything that he puts in them, you wonder how it can still be almost undetectable and also still less bulky than the other manufactures of similar, electronic, fire wallets.

I know he screwed up your order Alex but hey, the guy's parents just passed away in a fatal car accident, I know that's not a good excuse for some people, but I recently lost my dad too and I can definitely give the guy a break for a two week delay. He gave you a full refund before you got your product and from what I understand did everything he could, once he realized his mistake, to make it up to you. Everyone makes mistakes Alex.

I have one question for you if you don't mind. You kept mentioning it wasn't what you expected. What did you expect? Did you ask Peter any questions before purchasing the wallet? That might have alleviated this whole situation.

With all due respect,
The Magic Maker
There are mail order laws in the United States, if a product does not ship within 3 weeks the purchaser must be notified and give a choice of cancelling the order and receiving a full refund or continuing to wait for the product within a reasonable time given for delivery.
I received my 21st Century Firewallet yesterday .. have been waiting along time but Peter has kept me informed regularly. Was it worth the wait ....
Absofreakenlutely!!! It takes Peter 5 hours to make each wallet.

I've had other electronic firewallets and striker type fire wallets ... this really really is a century away from those and any other fire wallets I have seen or used.

I used this Fire Wallet tonight and it now is a staple in my routine. The flames it produces are larger than any fire wallet I have had. Easy and very SAFE to use. A lot .. and I mean ALOT of thinking has gone into this wallet.

It's a KEEPER!!!!
GOT IT TODAY. The Fusion of Fire Wallet!!!!!!!!!!
Hot Da#n!!
Outstanding Wallet Quality - Totally Unsuspecting, Soft Leather, Great Great Great
Extremely Well Thought Out - Everything is in Place to Operate Correctly Practically 100% Out of the Gate
Ignition Action - WOW! that's simply it! 10/10 Can Be Held and Lit with 1 Hand and 1 finger
Worth the Wait because these are not massed produced - That is Why Quality is Consistent and High!
No Doubt Peter's website is on my Next to Buy From List.
Exceeded My Expectations!
Does anyone have a decent close up photo of the inside & outside of any of the wallets? I have seen the demo's but would like a close up shot if poss?
Now you guys make me wanna buy one ....
MagicMike221,

Peter's wallets are very good quality soft and supple leather. Its not hard and "stiff" like so many other fire wallets I've purchased in the past. Since leather is a natural product, each wallet has a slightly different grain and "feel." I currently own 3 of Peter's wallets and although the quality of the leather on each one is great, they are each slightly different in grain and appearance.

As for seeing the "inside" of the wallet, perhaps you could ask a person who has one to take a pic and send it to you, but I personally would not do it. Peter does not show the inside of his wallets on purpose since his design is so unique and innovative. I can tell you this though, you would be quite impressed and I can assure you his design and work makes all others look like child's play. Obviously, from all the comments above, everyone else seems to agree with this.

I've learned that Peter has decided to put some pictures of the wallet's on his website. Although in his opinion no picture can really show you the "quality" of the wallet, it seems people like to have something to look at when purchasing a product. I'm told he will have these pictures Up in the next day or so. I can assure you though there will not be any "inside" pictures showing his design, you'll probably have to purchase one to see that...

Respectfully,
TheMagicMaker
I have just received mine and I must confess that it is one of the best thought out and best made fire wallets that I have ever seen. All the goodies come packed in a very lovely metal tin. I received the Fusion of Fire model and in addition to the instructional CD - which is most thorough and lasts 37 minutes - and the wallet, I also received additional wicks, batteries, a plastic fuel bottle and replacement stickers for the flaming credit card effect. The wallet itself is made of quality leather and the construction of the wallet allows for a rather substantial flame to be produced. There is also a built in safeguard that will not allow the wallet to accidentally ignite. The transition from the flaming wallet to the normal (?) wallet is easily accomplished. The credit card removes easily from its secure place in the wallet and the sight of the credit card bursting into flames is nothing short of amazing. Given the amount of crap that is being produced these days and sold at exorbitant prices, this is one item that is way under priced in terms of its constructions and its usefulness.

It did take a while for me to get it, but Peter kept me informed along the way. Since every wallet is hand made and the demand is greater than expected. the delay was understandable. It was well worth the wait.

-Marty
What can I say this is the best fire wallet I have come across.Peter is a real gent and what a credit this wallet is .
I have got the duality of fire it it's a treat to use .I know Peter puts a lot of work into his wallets and you can tell as soon as it's in your hands.
I would say if you only buy one fire wallet you must buy one of these.well done Peter great workmanship .check out Peter web site .
I have just ordered Duality of Fire from Peter.

Peter has discussed this wallet with me at length via email to ensure that I get exactly what I require.

So much so, he is modifying the wallet to accomodate my Australian business cards which are a touch bigger then the USA ones.

The pre service information and communication from Peter has been excellent.

Really looking forward to this.

Chappelly
Hi
I bought a Duality Fire Wallet from Peter and it is Fantastic
Craftmanship and Innovation is Amazing
So if you are after a fire Wallet then look no Further you have found the best
available
Peter has been more than helpfull and the Wallet arrived perfectly packaged in its own case with Brilliant Video Instruction
Florida to the UK in 5 Days
Peter you are a Credit to Magic
Regards Geoffrey Urch
UK
Ive never been much for fire wallets... but I HAVE wanted a good business card gag. I have a rising card case which is okay but I was hoping for something a bit more dramatic.

Based on all of your raves about the quality of his products, I purchased the (not cheap but less expensive then the fancier ones) Business Card Inferno. I'll let you know what I think of it after I have it to play with for a bit.

I don't mind the wait, btw, if what I'm getting for it is a top quality hand crafted product.
Dear Cyberqat,

Actually, Peter's price on the "Business Card Inferno" (BCI) is $26.00 less than Jim Pace's similar effect "Electric Hot Leads." I own them both and I can tell you its like comparing a bicycle to a Rolls Royce in every respect. Peter's new innovative "pyro unit" along with his new improved delivery system, takes this "business card on fire" effect straight into the 21st Century and beyond; as I'm sure other magicians who have purchased it will also agree. The concept is actually quite ingenious and the quality and workmanship are better than 1st rate. I feel as if I got MORE than I paid for, and that is rare especially these days when it comes to purchasing magic.

When you think that each wallet takes Peter like 5-12 hours of work, (depending on which one) and (Peter told me) just the pyro unit alone takes him 3 hours to cut the metal, form and shape the pieces, powder coat them, do the electrical soldering and then assemble it. I know the BCI takes Peter 5-6 hours of work from start to finish. When you consider the quality of workmanship and product along with his new and unique innovations, not to mention all the "accessories" he includes with each wallet, you have to wonder how he can do it for the prices he asks.

I do know that his prices are about to go up and he has already raised the price on Duality and Trilogy since these take him 12-14 hours of work to make... I own a Trilogy of Fire and I must say that even at its new higher price, its worth ever penny and more.

Respectfully,
TheMagicMaker
Thnaks MM. Didn't mean to imply I thought it wasn't worth the price.. if I did, I wouldn't have bought it :)

Im paying for a quality product. I know that. Quality always counts, and double so when dealing with dangerous things like fire. And you can certainly pay a lot MORE in this business and get junk ;)
I bought Fusion of Fire, and I can't think of a single thing to say that hasn't already been said before, and better, by others who are outrageously satisfied with their Peter Austin wallets.

I've now used my FOF dozens of times and couldn't be happier. Of Peter himself, I found him to be a true gentleman--perhaps an overworked gentleman--but a gentleman nonetheless. I recommend his Fusion without reservation. The gasps it's generated speak for themselves!
Hey Everybody!

I've been informed that Peter will soon be adding 2 new wallets to his 21st Century Fire Wallets Line: BCI MINI and SCTW EXPLOSION. I've already seen the BCI MINI and I must say it is really sweet. Now you can have Peter's Business Card on Fire effect in a small, compact, beautifully made BUSINESS CARD TYPE Wallet and I'm told it comes in two different versions.

SCTW EXPLOSION I'm told will combine a totally new innovative design which will allow the magician to effortlessly load the signed card in 2 seconds! Here is the best part, now, the magician can have the signed card BURST INTO FLAMES as he is revealing it to the spectator to show it is their card. From what I understand, this can be done with both playing cards as well as business cards.

You can get a lot more info about these new items by checking out Peter's website.

Respectfully,
TheMagicMaker
Because my BCI was delayed Peter, gentleman that he is, has offered me one of the first BCI minis instead, which I gladly accepted.

I'll post review and pictures when I get mine!
Is this something easy enough for your everyday hobbyist to use to have fun at restaurants, shopping, friends house, etc? Would you all recommend it for such type use? Thanks.
Well, my plan is to carry this with my business cards in it for an added little bit of Drama handing them out. Its my first fire wallet. I'll let you know how long I think it takes me to be comfortable carrying and using it. (I am a bug about fire safety. All my flammable magic props are stored when not in us in a locking fire-safe box.)
I recently purchased a Trilogy of Fire wallet via ebay from Peter Austin. Fortunately, I got it just before the price increased by $50. There is a slight delay in its arrival. Mr. Austin did email me about the delay and will include extra batteries when the item ships. Quality takes time and I don't want him rushing through the crafting of my wallet. I will try to post a review when it arrives. I like the idea of turning the fire wallet into a magic trick wallet. The possibilities are endless. Besides a card to wallet capability, it could be cool to have a peek available to increase the mentalism possibilities.
David
I read the recent article in Magic Magazine about the use of flammables in magic. Are there any legal implications with the use of a fire wallet in a restaurant or store?
Dear Samdan,

To answer your question, if you mean ease of use, then yes, Peter's wallets (or any fire wallet for that matter) are very simple and easy to use and require no real skill at all. Fire Wallets for the most part are used by many people, not only magicians. Its used as a great attention getter and a way to start conversations and make yourself "stand out." My father, who NEVER leaves the house without his fire wallet, uses it at least 10 times a day in different places like restaurants, stores, and people's home. He is very well known in his local area as the "magic guy" mainly because of this.

The important thing to remember is even though this is a "cool" effect, it does use FIRE. Fire needs to be handled with respect, responsibility and care, and as long as you do that, it is very safe and fun. For me, its been a FANTASTIC way to get business and I have probably gotten over 100 gigs just because of my fire wallet so you know I love it! It has paid for itself 100 times over!

Respectfully,
TheMagicMaker
[quote]
On 2010-08-08 11:04, auriuspd wrote:
I read the recent article in Magic Magazine about the use of flammables in magic. Are there any legal implications with the use of a fire wallet in a restaurant or store?
[/quote]

auriuspd,

I am not a lawyer so I can't really tell you what the laws are regarding using fire wallets in restaurants or stores. I can only assume that technically it is not something that is permitted legally. I'm sure if you were to go to the store or restaurant manager and say "excuse me, is it ok for me to catch my wallet on fire?" he/she would probably say, not to do it. This is one of those gray areas it would seem. I have used my fire wallet in literally hundreds of stores and restaurants and NEVER had anyone say anything to me or report me to the authorities. Remember, you are catching your wallet on fire for 3 or 4 seconds max and then its over. Its not like you're doing a fire eating routine and spitting fire at the patrons lol. A good analogy would be taking a cigarette lighter out of your pocket and lighting it for a few seconds. Is it legal? Probably not, but are you going to get in trouble for it? Probably not...

If you are a responsible person who respects fire and takes all precautions to be safe then you should never have a problem. I have used my fire wallet literally hundreds of times in stores and restaurants without ONE issue. On the other hand, if you are one of those people who are scatterbrained and think this is a toy with no possible danger, you'd probably be better off not having a fire wallet. The last thing you want is to burn something or someone (or yourself for that matter) because then you will most certainly be hearing from someone's lawyer.

Respectfully,
TheMagicMaker
Although my hobby is magic (well one of my multiple hobbies), my job that pays the bill is that I am a Chief Technical Officer for online game companies. Being somewhat known in my field, I also do a lot of speaking engagements. Between business meetings and speaking, I hand out a LOT business cards.

My intent is to carry my BCI Mini for those occasions to make them a bit more memorable. We'll see once I have and learned mine how that works out.
Ordered fusion of fire 3 weeks ago Im really excited about receiving this. Spoke to Peter via email hopefully It should be arriving next week.
Does anyone know if Peter is out of town. I have not received a response to an email I sent several days ago. From what it appears on the board here, he is normally a good communicator.
Just curious.

Michael
MagicMike221, did you ever get your wallet from Peter?

RogueMD Did you email him on peter@peteraustinmagic.net?
[quote]

RogueMD Did you email him on peter@peteraustinmagic.net?
[/quote]

It was a email link at the website... so yes, I "think" that was it. It was a pretty straightforward couple of questions... <shrug>
Rogue MD,

I wrote Peter on your behalf and he responded within only a few hours. He said he double checked his email box and has no unanswered email. He did a test on his website to make sure his forms are working and he said they tested well. He would like for you to email him directly at his email (peter@peteraustinmagic.net) and he is more than happy to answer you. As most of Peter's customers (myself included) can attest, Peter not only always responds but is quite elaborate in his responses. As much as we like to think our technology is foolproof, servers go down, and email can get lost. Give it another try directly to his email address.

Respectfully,
TheMagicMaker
Thank you for your effort MagicMaker! I certainly appreciate you going through the trouble of emailing Peter on my behalf.
I will try the direct email you have provided... I understand technology "glitches" all to well.

Thanks again!
Michael
[quote]
On 2010-05-02 00:43, wmhegbli wrote:
There are mail order laws in the United States, if a product does not ship within 3 weeks the purchaser must be notified and give a choice of cancelling the order and receiving a full refund or continuing to wait for the product within a reasonable time given for delivery.
[/quote]

That's true. One in violation of this would be somewhat of an Outlaw.
If this wallet had a peek function like the Kaps on Fire wallet, that'd be awesome.
The Kaps on fire (Jardonnet) wallet does not have a peek funktion, rather it has a load function, or am I missing something? (I have two)

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
My Jardonnet Kaps on Fire wallet has a peek function.
Here's a link:
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/kaps-on-fire-jardonnet-wallet-by-stephane-jardonnet-back-in-stock-p-1165.html
Well what do you know! I don't have that function. I have two kaps on fire wallets and I think the oldest one is an original whilst the newer one most probably is a ripoff.

If I am correct, then mr Jardonnet must have implemented the peek function at a later stage. If it was there all along then my first wallet was also a ripoff!

Maybe mr Jardonnet could shed some light, I know he posts here from time to time?

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
The first ones didn't have the peek function. Mine didn't and I'm pretty sure that I got an original. It has lasted many years of frequent use, although it is at the end of its days now.
I have noticed that cheap imitations have flooded the market.
I have ordered one of Peter Austins now. This combines the wallet and the flaming business card.

Chappelly
I purchased a Trilogy of Fire wallet via Ebay directly from Peter Austin himself right before the price increase on July 25, 2010 . He emailed me a week later stating that he was a little backed up but should be shipping the wallet in about a week. He was going to include extra batteries to make up for the delay. It is now Oct 10, and still no wallet has arrived. I have sent MANY emails to Peter Austin via his website and as a reply to his email to me but so far no answers or even the courtesy of a returned response. If someone knows Peter's phone number I would appreciate it since the email route isn't successful at getting ahold of him. I will assume the best that something has happened to him and he is unable to make anymore products temporarily but my patience is wearing thin. I want to caution anybody thinking of ordering one of his products that I haven't received mine from July 25 so beware.
I was reluctant to post the above experience with Peter Austin but if a product doesn't arrive and the maker/seller won't respond to many emails and there is no contact phone number on his website, then there is no other alternative to try to reach him and warn others of my experience.
Peter has been good about corresponding with me, but he does seem very backed up right now.

I hope he's okay.
Backed up is one thing if he communicated the delay but not responding to many email is another thing.
Well, if he's really backed up then the email itself could be over-whelming.

Not saying that such would be a good situation, but if we all start clamoring for a personal response it could just make matters worse.

As I say, I just hope nothing has happened to the man. It would be good to have a post here as to what his current status is.
Cyberqat, do you have a wallet on order?

Peter comes across as a really nice guy.

However his communication is terrible.

If you are running a business you need to be able to respond to your customers.

His communication has been intermittent with me.

I ordered and paid for a wallet on 19/07/10

I still haven't got it.

I needed to discuss this with Peter, but he doesn't respond to his emails.

Maybe The MagicMaker, his Café friend, could assist here.

Chappelly
I too have ordered a wallet last week , but have had no confirmation on my order after emails etc have been sent . If I do not hear something soon I will cancel order and take up a dispute with pay pal . I have also pm ed The Magic Maker with no response there either ! I hope we get some clarity soon.
Bugger, just ordered one myself, hoping the wait isn't too long.
[quote]
On 2010-10-15 02:05, Maynard wrote:
Bugger, just ordered one myself, hoping the wait isn't too long.
[/quote]

Don't hold your breath waiting:-)
[quote]
On 2010-10-14 13:45, nanaswan wrote:
I too have ordered a wallet last week , but have had no confirmation on my order after emails etc have been sent . If I do not hear something soon I will cancel order and take up a dispute with pay pal . I have also pm ed The Magic Maker with no response there either ! I hope we get some clarity soon.
[/quote]

Have you heard back from Peter or Magic Maker?
I still haven't.
Very interesting, I hope resolution comes soon!
Nope not a word from either although on Peters website it does say something about he is catching up on back orders , but do not know when that was put up on site. Several more emails to Peter with no response , thinking of contacting papal by the end of the week. These wallets are not cheap so will chase my monies back. Regards Gary
[quote]
On 2010-10-14 05:05, chappelly wrote:
Cyberqat, do you have a wallet on order?

Peter comes across as a really nice guy.

However his communication is terrible.

If you are running a business you need to be able to respond to your customers.

His communication has been intermittent with me.

I ordered and paid for a wallet on 19/07/10

I still haven't got it.

I needed to discuss this with Peter, but he doesn't respond to his emails.

Maybe The MagicMaker, his Café friend, could assist here.

Chappelly
[/quote]

Yeah I have one on order. The new BCI Mini actually.

Im a bit concerned abt Peter because he *was* pretty good at answering my emails (I tried not to bug him too much0 but lately he seems to have dropped off the edge of the earth. If he's got a problem he should probably get someone to turn off his order page until its resolved.

I'd hate to think he is either ill or so over-whelmed he doesn't know what to do. A general message on his website might be a good thing for him to do at this point. It would be a shame for the community if he just disappeared because, from what I've read here, I gather he was making some of the best fire wallets in the business.
I hope that he is okay too.

It is concerning that he doesn't respond to his emails.

3 months ago he seemed pretty stressed and told me that he wasn't doing wallets anymore as they took too much time.

On a personal note, I want to find out what has happened to my wallet as I invested a couple of hundred bucks into it.

I hope all is well.

Chappelly
I understand. These days, I can afford to sit on a $100.00 purchase and not worry about it much, but I'm relatively lucky-- especially in this current economy.

If it was 10 years ago I'd be a lot more concerned. Back then spending that kind of money was a major decision.
I just registered with Magic Café so that I can weigh in on my Peter Austin fire wallet line. I am in the same boat as auriuspd. A friend and I ordered our wallets 9-29-10. However, I was told that my order was finished and ready to ship(9-14-10). I too have sent a dozen emails to any known links since then. But nothing. I'm really worried that something has happened to him. Could the "Magic Maker" reach him or post anything for him? It sounds like there are at least a half dozen of us that are in this limbo.
Does anyone know how long you have to register a complaint with pay pal as really concerned for the monies that I have layed out regards Gary
Bruce,

You may want to check your calendar as you noted that your order was ready to ship two weeks before your order. I am assuming that you noted the wrong dates. I was very interested in placing an order and have backed off given the comments from Café members.

Dan.
Yes I meant 7-29-10. So it has been 2 1/2 mos.
I to purchased a Fire wallet from Mr Austin on Sept10th,my credit card was charged,and I have sent numerous emails as well. Very concerned....
Magic1178
MagicByBruce and friend
nanaswan
Cyberqat
chappelly
Maynard
auriuspd
All of these members have ordered wallets , some going back to July.
I am just wondering if there is any Café member who has received theirs after July?
There must be quite a few others ( non Café members) who have ordered wallets.
Maybe it has been a bit too much for Peter.
Let's hope all is well and ends well.
Magic Maker are you out there to shed some light?
Hi all has anybody contacted their credit card company or pay pal to issue a dispute on this or is everyone just letting it go ? Really frustrating that Magic Maker seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth now that things are getting heated ( if you forgive the pun ) Gary
I'm willing to let it ride. I've spent more in the past that I've regretted. I believe Peter is fundamentally an honest man (I know, that's just a point of faith. Just a feeling I got from dealing with him.) If he's over-committed or, god forbid, something worse has happened, Id just as soon not add to his stress.

I note however that's just me. Everyone has to make their own decisions based on what they have at risk and how much risk they are comfortable with. I'm only in for about $100, which is less then some of you, and I honestly can probably afford to let it ride more then many others.

I do wish, however, that someone would put a "not taking orders currently" on his website for him as I'd think that would be a reasonable thing to do.
Is Magic Maker really Peter Austin? That is what Seth Howard asks on the following Café string:

/http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=377107&forum=109

He wondered why 49 of his 55 posts extol the virtues of these wallets. It makes good reading. Especially if you are as bored by watching the UPS truck roll by another day as I am.

This is only my 2nd day on Café (I haven't even figured out how to navigate this site yet), but this is the most action I've had on this quandary. Glad to know I'm not alone.
The mystery thickens.

Is Magic Maker really Peter Austin?

What has happened to Peter Austin?

Has he met with foul play?

Will purchasers ever get their wallets?

Is this an elaborate scam?

To be continued.............
I own one of his wallets. Got it earlier this year I think around March.
Wallet is incredible - electronic ignition one finger action, produces a high flame and covers the whole open length of the wallet. So the product does exist and obviously he has followed through with my transaction at least.

I've also wrote to Magic Maker directly and said to him that if in fact you and Peter are not one in the same then to stand down and stop evangelizing the wallet and Peter's customer service. His postings does cause for legitimate suspicion. And now, the absence of any posting from him deepens the suspicion! This is concerning.
Oh, I waited just about 2 months for it. I think this is worse than Roth's wallet release. At least he was able to chime in when every one who pre-ordered was going "Are we there yet?!" for like 8 months I believe. Well all is well and that is behind Mr. Roth.
Thanks for mentioning this here rklew64.

It's comforting to know that the product exists and is quite functional,and he does deliver some months later.

I have just been contacted by another person magicofalon,who is having similar difficulties contacting Peter and getting satisfaction from a faulty product that he had purchased.

That makes 9 on the list.

Are you out there Magic Maker??
Pay pal dispute policies anyone have any idea what the protocol is on refunds. Anyone have a phone number for Peter Austin on an address to see if he is still trading ? Thanks for any info
Pay pal dispute info is here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/general/PPDisputeResolution-outside

"I've also wrote to Magic Maker directly and said to him that if in fact you and Peter are not one in the same then to stand down and stop evangelizing the wallet and Peter's customer service."

Well if he took that to heart it could explain his absence, right?
I have no doubt that Magic Maker is Peter Austin.

His sentence construction, paragraph format and length, emphasis on words, information detail,and length of response is the same as emails received from Peter many months ago.

I'd like to know what has happened to him??
Whelp you are entitled to your opinion. And you may be right.

I'm not a trained forensic analyst of the written word, so I will remain in the *shrug* category on that one.
[quote]
On 2010-10-21 19:09, Cyberqat wrote:
Whelp you are entitled to your opinion. And you may be right.

I'm not a trained forensic analyst of the written word, so I will remain in the *shrug* category on that one.
[/quote]
Yes it is an opinion,but the similarities are quite strong from my untrained perspective.
Compare any previous emails of Peter to MMs posts and see if you see any similarities.

Best.
I have to be honest and say this is getting to be on the potentially obsessive side to just effing find out what the hell is going on beyond, order - no order, paypal refunded (Hopefully to you current folks w/o too much difficulty) and finally draw the curtain to see if in fact there is a multiple personality **** going on here.
Here is another 2000 word "unsolicited" testimonial for you forensic bent. It was in a Penguin Magic Forum.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?p=1184064&sid=541882fa9d94de2cd62c6af21844d943
I did not see that Penguin ever offered an Austin wallet anywhere.
I would not be searching the web for this stuff if our wallets would arrive.
My UPS driver thinks I'm stalking him. He has discovered that if he hits the breaks hard enough, I will run into the back of his truck.
Could someone tell me how to search this site for specifics? I have other interests besides mythical wallets. I have been using google + magic Café to find things like swiss warblers , electronic squeakers and a radically visual card trick called "Speed". Thanx in advance.
Searchthemagiccafe.com
Thanks davidpaul$

"Wanting is a stronger emotion than having" Spock
[quote]
On 2010-10-21 20:40, MagicByBruce wrote:
Here is another 2000 word "unsolicited" testimonial for you forensic bent. It was in a Penguin Magic Forum.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/viewtopic.php?p=1184064&sid=541882fa9d94de2cd62c6af21844d943
I did not see that Penguin ever offered an Austin wallet anywhere.
I would not be searching the web for this stuff if our wallets would arrive.
[/quote]

Yes indeed. Exactly the same writing style.
MagicLives4u = MagicMaker = Peter Austin = No communication = No Wallets

Chappelly
I've avoided sending any emails till now, not that I've waited that long.
I've only asked that he respond to my message and to let us all know that orders
are being processed.

I'll give it a few days and let you all know if there is any response.

Maynard
[quote]
On 2010-10-22 04:58, Maynard wrote:
I've avoided sending any emails till now, not that I've waited that long.
I've only asked that he respond to my message and to let us all know that orders
are being processed.

I'll give it a few days and let you all know if there is any response.

Maynard
[/quote]
Wondering how long ago you ordered? Within the black out period?
[quote]
On 2010-10-21 12:44, Cyberqat wrote:
Pay pal dispute info is here:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/cps/general/PPDisputeResolution-outside

"I've also wrote to Magic Maker directly and said to him that if in fact you and Peter are not one in the same then to stand down and stop evangelizing the wallet and Peter's customer service."

Well if he took that to heart it could explain his absence, right?
[/quote] Thank you Cyberqat for the info regards Gary
Bruce, only 3-4 weeks ago.
*shrug* I just really don't see the need to turn this into a big drama and guessing game.

The man contacted me of his own accord about a month ago to apologize for the delays. I just don't see that as something a scam artist does... you'd rather not remind anyone who was inclined to forget about the order.

In any case, as others have said, if you think you were scammed, contact your payment provider to get charges reversed.
For what it's worth, I have The Duality of Fire wallet and it is a work of art. If you can hang on, the end product is worth the wait.
Hi Cyberqat, Peter Austin is the one who is making this a drama.

If he were to take 5 minutes out of his busy day he could end all this speculation and put everyone at ease. It's pretty simple really.

I would not like to go down the paypal dispute route, as I'm sure it will do harm to his dealings with them. But if he makes no form of contact soon, it leaves me/us no alternative.
Wow... I guess I'm glad he didn't respond to my previous email... it kept me from ordering from him.
Otherwise I would be in the same boat some of you are in.
Sorry to all concerned.
I really do hope nothing is actually wrong with Peter Austin....

Michael
Maynard
[quote]
On 2010-10-22 14:21, Maynard wrote:
Bruce, only 3-4 weeks ago.
[/quote]
I got my last email on 9-14-10. Peter said that our wallets were ready and going to be shipped on the 16th. Thanked me for my patience and said he was going to include some extra goodies. I've sent a lot of emails since then asking what happened...but nothing. So I think I'm entitled to a little extra drama. If our wallets arrive tomorrow, I will post to this thread before I open the box. Promise.
Cricket cricket...
I got my last email on 23/09/10 and Peter said that the wallet had already been sent.

I paid for it on 19/07/10

He has been uncontactable since then and over 4 weeks later the wallet hasn't arrived.

Given that there is about 10 people that I know of here who have complained about Peter's service, I think a little drama is justified.

Also his multipersonality approach to sales is odd.

Peter never indicated that this wallet would take over 3 months to get to me.

If so I wouldn't have bought it.

I' ve got better things to do with the couple of hundred bucks I spent on this.

Chappelly
The paypal dispute period is only 45 days. After that initial 45 days, they don't intervene. Peter is still selling his wallets directly on ebay which is where I bought mine from him on 7/25/2010 and an email from him on 8/05/10 said it would be shipped in one week with extra batteries. Since then, no responses and it's past the 45 day dispute period/
Auriuspd,
Do you have any recourse through ebay? I was really surprised that his ebay rating is 100%. Maybe the statute of limitation runs out on people before they can give negative marks.

His profile shows that he is shipping from Lady Lake, FL 32159. I went back and looked at my PayPal transaction and found that my money was sent a Wendy Then. I then found a Wendy A Then in Lady Lake. The first time I called I got a "Mail Box Full" message. The next time I called, the woman that answered said "she was not Wendy" and abruptly hung up. So I did a reverse look up on the address and it still came up her. So I called back. A very angry man with an accent(African I think) accused me of calling yesterday(I hadn't), went off on me for a while and hung up. Perhaps she is Wendy, perhaps I'm not the first person to take this route, and she is sick of it. If she is also a victim, then I think she could have spent 5 more seconds on the phone saying so.

As a member of ebay, I am able to send him a message in the "ask the seller a question" link. Maybe this portal is either open or worth answering to him.

Again, if Peter has been abducted by pirates, my apologies. If my wallet arrives, I will post to this thread before I even open the box. That' a promise. And I keep em'.
Thanks MagicByBruce for trying to contact Wendy Then , I think she probably is involved but what can we do ? I really am frustrated as really want the wallet and don't want to go down the pay pal dispute route but don't see we have much option. What are you going to do ? Regards Gary
The mystery continues.

Wendy Then?? Angry African male voice???

It will be interesting to see if anyone has a successful paypal claim.

If he doesn't respond to his emails it is unlikely that he will respond to an ebay enquiry.

Good investigation Magic by Bruce. I'm in the same boat. If my wallet arrives, which at this stage I don't think it will, I'll be on here straight away telling everyone.

BTW, I can't go through ebay as I bought it straight from him via email.

Also I'm outside the period for a paypal claim.

Chappelly
Gary, I am walking the tightrope. On one hand, I would really like to get the wallet. Looks pretty dang cool. I really like the biz card coming out lit while they watch. So, I don't want to tick him off and have him go all wallet Nazi on me. "No wallet for you"!! (I probably crossed that line this weekend) If I have crossed it... then maybe the community will benefit.

On the other hand. Here are the reasons I would/will cut bait.
1) He told me and others that their wallets were done and shipped. If this had only been me and my friend..........but to others elsewhere? HUGE RED FLAG! (HRF)
2) If there was any kind of communication. HRF
3) That he has taken new orders since my personal black out period began(40 days). HRF
4) I'm pretty sure that he is MagicMaker and other sobriquet, leaving 2,500 word testimonials in all the various forums. HRF
5) That he is offering them on ebay currently. Buy it now. 10 available. HRF
6) His other items on ebay are grossly over priced. A $795 Square Circle. A $299 Pizza Oven Surprise knock-off. Pleeeeeeease.
7) This is not a Peter issue, but mine. I was at my restaurant gig, when a waitress asked me if "that was mine?" She was pointing at the floor behind me. It was my current flaming wallet, my Extreme Burn 2.0 and Powerball 60. Big sinking feeling! (Thanks for listening)

I don't think that I answered your question: "What am I going to do?" Google can't cough up his #. I have the feeling that PayPal and ebay avenues have gone cold for me. Maybe a reader who is still in the "grace period" could ask him the hard questions before it's to late for them too.

This forum is cathartic. I'm checking it before Facebook. I would buy the "Café" if I had a billion dollars. Like.

I always end these tirades with some phony cushioning words. Here are tonights: Perhaps Peter is the "Vermeer" of flaming wallets and he is so busy making mine 30% smaller and thinner that he can't answer emails or get to the post office.
Excellent synopsis.

1-6 very valid.

7 sorry to hear about that.It happens.

Phony cushioning words....."maybe he is on holidays"
Gosh, I just love a good mystery. Guess that's why I enjoy magic so much.
I saw Magicmakers original post and became interested in ordering one of the wallets a couple months back or so. Then life events superceded and I got sidetracked and finally checked back on it now, and there is all this mystery about whether magicmaker is really Peter Austin and everything. Have to admit though that I love it. Good sleuthing to many of you too. Glad I didn't order a wallet, but I do hope the mystery has a final scene and gets solved eventually though.
Magicmaker's disappearance during all of this does seem telling.

Bill
Well I've waited 3 or 4 days since I sent him an email, so with no reply I'll dive in and start up a paypal dispute.

I'll keep you all posted.
Done, I'll keep you posted
[quote]
On 2010-10-25 02:02, Maynard wrote:
Done, I'll keep you posted
[/quote]

I hope you have luck with this.

I had a look at Peter's ebay store. It is still going strong with many items up for sale.

However he has not received any feedback for a sold item since 22/04/10?

Up until this point he had consistent 100% positive feedback since 07/08/07.

?????

Chappelly
Paypal dispute started also will keep you posted Gary
I did the math and the email that said :
Dear Bruce,
Â
Sorry for the delayed response... YES! Your wallet is finished and
will be shipped out on my next run to the post office on
Thursday!   Thank you SOOO much for your patience and I KNOW you're
going to agree it was worth the wait... I have also included a few
extra goodies for you for being such a good customer and for referring
me to the other Bruce... I will email you as soon as it ships!Â
Â
Thanks again for everyting ! YOU ROCK!
Â
Sincerely,
Peter Austin

Came exactly 45 days after my PayPal debit.
PayPal told me that because it charged my VISA card, I have 120 days to dispute. I'll post when I have more info. Bruce
I've also contacted paypal.

They won't handle a dispute after 45 days.

They indicated I need to take this matter up with my credit card company.
I'm glad that I didn't buy this wallet!, I knew that there was something suspicious about this guy! there are other posts in other accounts made by the same guy!

Whether it is a scam or not, don't buy this product!, the customer service sucks anyway!!
Yippy, VISA is going to stake me. They are going to ask his bank for it back. They will in turn ask him for it back. But I will get my credit either way. If it arrives I just call them. Also, if it arrives I will post to this thread when I come to.

PS Usually PayPal comes right out of my checking account. But divine intervention opted to steer it to VISA.
Just curious if anyone who has ordered a wallet and not received it, has tried emailing Peter from a different email account and just asked a general question as if you were a new customer?
If you were to hear back from him quickly then at least you would know he is not in ill health or has had something horrible happen to him.

In my opinion, if he has time to deposit your money into his account, then he should have time to contact you with the status of your order. Some of you give him too much benefit of the doubt I believe. I run my own business and I know that NO ONE is ever so busy that they cannot email a customer with a brief update. Too busy catching up on orders??? Give me a break, that's nonsense, or wishful thinking on your part.

Besides, it's not like he is selling a million of these. What do you think he has, maybe a hundred orders to fulfill (or more likely 20-30)? That takes one hour to email everyone and let them know what is going on. You have a serious problem if you would rather get bad press like this thread than spend an extra hour doing the right thing. Even if I have a sudden heart attack and am on my deathbed, my wife, family member, friend, or someone is going to take an hour and send all my clients a brief email explaining what has happened within one week of the occurrence. I guarantee it. That's not just me, that's just the right way to do business.
Paypal dispute has started also. will keep everyone posted.
*shrug* Maybe your right. It just seems like a hell of a lot of work for relatively little payoff.

If Iw as going to go to all that trouble to con people Id want to clear more then maybe a few grand total.
I really have some grave concerns about Peter.

I believe he has used multipersonality sales marketing.

However he has run a business for the last couple of years where everyone gives him very positive feedback.

Then after April thereabouts he has seemed to have disappeared.

There was communication after this point for a while. However these emails seemed to be uncharacteristic of his style (very short as opposed to long emails)

His ebay business is still going.

A mystery.
Hi all, some progress...

Wendy Then has informed Paypal that my items have been sent.

Whether or not she has proof to back up that claim, I don't know.
Considering I am fairly late on the scene with my order it would be highly unlikely
that mine would be sent over someone elses. Also, mine had to be modified to suit
Aussie business cards. Hey, if I'm lucky she may have shoved one in the post to shut me up.

Nanaswan or Magic1178, any similar notifications?
Peter or whoever he or she is, also said that mine had been sent over 4 weeks ago.

It didn't arrive.
Maynard, Just curious, are you at the 45 day point? Also, aren't Aussies biz cards the same size only upside down? Bruce
[quote]
On 2010-10-26 10:08, MagicByBruce wrote:
Maynard, Just curious, are you at the 45 day point? Also, aren't Aussies biz cards the same size only upside down? Bruce
[/quote]

That depends which way you look at it.;-)

Actually they are slightly wider.
Maynard and others , nothing heard from pay pal at present , glad Maynard has had a response at least regards Gary
Hi Bruce, I ordered on October 2nd, not as far back as I thought.
Nothing further to report on the case.
I am now being blocked by peteraustinmagic@aol.com.
I got the message: 205.188.190.1 does not like recipient. Ouch.
Maybe he read this forum because my emails to him have always been the "walking on egg shells" type.
VISA asked me send him one more plea. Perhaps my email to:peter@peteraustinmagic.net
will get through.
October 1st for me. No responses from Peter or Wendy.
I hope that everything works out well for Peter
who has taken the time to not only create something
new but to offer it to the magic community.

Unfortunately, Creative people are seldom good business people.
Joseph, I strongly recommend you keep an eye your 45 day PayPal arbitration period. I had VISA help me, but my friend's PayPal deducted from his checking account and he is out of luck. Neither of us has gotten a response after the 45 day mark. He is holding out hope. My PayPal transaction went to Peteraustinmagic@aol.com which now seems closed(I tried it again through Gmail) and it said: Technical details of permanent failure. Your lightning rod, Bruce
I ordered my wallet 7/25/10 and still no reply other than an email from "Paul Austin" on 8/5/10 stating that it would be mailed in one week. I did some investigation and found out that "Paulaustinmagic.net" is registered to a Paul Mentken who is listed as the administrative/technical contact. His address is 206 West Lady Lake Blvd, Lady Lake FL 32159. I found a phone number for him listed also but it is not currently accepting phone calls. There was also an email address but it is not currently working (bleueyedguyinf1a@aol.com). I will pursue the matter via the local address to see what I find out. I am considering contacting the local authorities in Lady Lake FL and see if the local DA can help out on a possible con/fraud.
Also my paypal went to a Wendyt1243@aol.com
Everything Peter Austin is gone from ebay!?
Thanks for the heads up Bruce and for all of the leg work you've been doing.
It's really unfortunate because there are some people that truly believe Peter
had something unique to share with this wallet. Hopefully the design won't
be lost and Peter can find a way to outsource production.
[quote]
On 2010-10-27 19:47, MagicByBruce wrote:
Everything Peter Austin is gone from ebay!?
[/quote]

It looks as though he is still selling on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Magic-Fusion-Fire-BEST-FIRE-WALLET-WORLD-/190373181163?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c532036eb
His website is still operational as well.
From that page...

Delivery:
Estimated between Sat. Nov. 13 and Mon. Nov. 15

Yeah right!
My mistake. I searched flaming not fire wallet.

I have received my monies. I was notified by PayPal also.

None of my actions have stirred any response!?
Ok as it looks like these wallets are no more , can anyone tell me who make the next best ones? I am really looking for one with an electronic ignition. I have still heard nothing from Peter or pay pal so pushed my dispute to the claim stage.
Kaps on Fire is the one.
I just used my old one in a show .I'm refueling now for the next show .
The old reliable workhorse.
Not electronic but never fails.
As Peter couldn't come across with his and consequently my money has disappeared, I'll be getting a new Kaps on Fire as soon as possible.
I'm eager to find out more about Peter Austin though.
Does anyone have any info?
This wallet is priced right. A friend bought one and said it was pretty good. As for its ability to be examined...little inflated. Still pretty well hidden.

He told me it arrived the next day. I said, "really". I'm such a sucker.

http://www.flamewallet.com/?gclid=CInYkd_z-qQCFdsc5wodSRjWKQ

I haven't seen it in person yet. We were going to get together and compare wallets when mine arrived. Hahahahahahaha.
Thanks fellas
The link looks good Magicbruce but it is very cheap, let us know your views when you meet up with your buddy thanks again Gary
Does anyone have any information about Peter Austin?

He is still selling from his Website and Ebay.
"Peter Austin" is still MIA. No responses to phone calls or emails to date.
What surprises me is that Peter is a magic maker with glowing testimonials but no one on the Café seems to know of him or how to contact him.

And his business still goes on??
Paypal informs me he has till the 5th of Nov to respond with proof of delivery.
We'll see where we go from there.
I think that ebay orders took priority over the rest of us. A 100% rating on ebay is hard(and necessary) to maintain. I wonder if there are any of us in this forum that ordered ours off ebay?

Here is a video showing the "Mastermind" demo-ing his $795 "Square Circle for Clown Party". The emphasis here is on "Clown".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODTJffn9tEY

This is the man who has your money.
Ouch! Seeing that is like rubbing salt into the wound. :mad:

The strange thing is that his feed back finished months ago, and yet he is still selling on Ebay?
Hi TheMagicMaker or Peter Austin I don’t care who you are - I just want the Flame Wallet and what’s my ETA.
Within the past 19 days I have sent eight emails to Peter Austin using his email address from his Website, Also sent MM a PM - I also sent another email from the Magic Castle Auction web site. And spent a lot of time trying to find his Phone number in Lady Lake FL I also tried to contact Wendy Then – No luck. I did find Wendy’s phone # in Lady Lake. Voice message is full.
I sent two Emails from EBAY requesting information on his ebay auction. MM if you know how to contact him and let him know I want an answer to my Emails HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET THE WALLET. It’s not that I’m worried about the money I just want the Worlds best Flame Wallet. To think I trusted, your comments the most on this magic forum.
If I turn in a PayPal charge back there is a $30 fee To Peter plus I get all my money back. I will feel bad if Peter is being held captive by some evil wizard who is forcing Peter to make Flame Wallets and then (not Wendy) corner the Magic Market.
Email me Peter - because I’m not waiting 45 days to get my money back from PayPal. Or American Express - I will wait until Monday.
Bill Kornhauser
No one has reported receiving a wallet in the last couple of months.
There is about 15 people on here who have indicated that they have purchased the wallet but haven't received it.
Peter (MM)told some of these people that their wallets had been sent.
That includes me.
The chances of getting a wallet now are very slim.
Something has happened , and I would love to know what it is.
The strange thing to me is, with all of the commotion here,the number of complaints to paypal and credit card companies,that Peter's business continues to run???
Anybody live near Lady Lake FL who can pay Peter a visit?
Hey just found “theMagicmaker” on this magic forum http://www.talkmagic.co.uk/ftopic36328.php&highlight=

Just found “theMagicmaker” on this magic forum http://www.talkmagic.co.uk/ftopic36328.php&highlight=

He probably has multiple personalities. I’m calling Paypal on Monday (and American Express also) and "telling on him" I'm really Mad --- that this smells like a scam.
I feel sorry for Peter creating a “the magic Maker” then saying how wonderful the wallet is and keeping all the money.
I would love to see how he gets out of this Magical effect.
Bill
Auriuspd
And how many Magicians are not looking "here" Magic Café - and waiting for there Flame wallets to arrive.
Bill
Hi bkmagic, I also sent Peter a very sincere email just asking him to reply.
All anybody wants is their wallets. If he kept us up to date and came through with his promises on delivery, there would not be this tide of resentment.

I gave him 3-4 days to reply, he did not, so action was taken. If I was you, just lodge the complaint, there seems to be nothing gained now by giving him the benefit of the doubt.

As far as my own case is concerned, it is now the 6th here in Oz, no news yet from paypal, but we may be a day in front of the U.S.

I'll let you all know of any update as soon as I do.
Hey, it was the MagicMaker that convinced me to buy the Peter Austin Fire Wallet. I was the new kid on the block (in the Magic Café) and I believed his hype.
Bill
I have been following this thread for a while and this is what strikes me as odd.
I have Peter Austins Duality of fire wallet, number eight in the run and signed by him. This wallet is fantastic. The thought and ingenuity that has gone into its design and construction is very clever, this is a wallet that will sell on its own merit and command a high price.

So why is he not filling the orders?

If this is a scam it is a pretty odd one because he has a good product, most scams rely on the fact that there is not an end product or only a very poor one.
Surely Peter Austin must realise it is going to be infinitely more profitable to make the wallets and sell them for years to come rather than keeping the money of a couple of dozen people (I obviously have no idea of an exact figure) and blackening his name in the community, thereby closing off any future avenue for sales.

The whole thing seems extraordinary and I am intrigued by the eventual outcome.

In the meantime I am keeping my wallet (complete with decorative presentation tin, DVD, original wrappers, spare wicks, fluid bottle and custom made labels - all in all a real work of art) unused and safe because I have a feeling that one day this could be a bit of history in the making!
This is so sad and frustrating, but we also should stop for a moment and thank the Café for giving us a way to communicate with each other in times like this. Thanks, Steve!

Jim
Jugglestruck
I'm making light of this affair but you are right – It’s a very bad scam, If it is a scam – I truly believe he made the best Flame wallet on the market. The only way he can come back is if he was “very” very sick and no-one was running his business. I really hope he comes back. “Really would like to get my hands on one of his wallets”. And to thank the Magic Café for this forum.
Bill Kornhauser
My credit card company reimbursed me for the wallet. I hope everyone the same result.
I still search for the elusive magicmaker.
Karma's a B*%ch.
Hey guys, paypal have concluded their investigation into my case and have decided in my favour.

They go on to say that if the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund owed to me, that they will take appropriate action against the seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account privileges.

Case closed.

... would really have loved that wallet though.
The sad part of the story here is if this were really a decent product, other partners could have been sought to support the business demand. Depending on what the operational problems contributed to this situation (manufacturing, staffing, cash flow, etc.) viable and profitable options could have been pursued other than default. Instead, integrity is abandoned, customer relationships are sabotaged and legal complications escalate. Go figure.

Dan.
Maybe a good product but lack of professionalism.
I called my credit card company and they are opening an investigation the same for Paypal. I was told that I will get my money back. But now I will have to find the world second greatest Flame wallet or find someone who wants to sell the Peter Austin Wallet. Any Ideas?
Bill
[quote]
On 2010-11-07 13:06, JCheng wrote:
Maybe a good product but lack of professionalism.
[/quote]

He must make a good product, in fact his talents are known world wide.

"Once Again Peter Austin, world renown master of Magic Creations, Amazes his audience with his latest "Surprise" ending to the Ancient Magic of the Square Circle"
This is a quote from his youtube clip.

"lack of professionalism" is a gentle description of this guy.

He uses a multipersonality approach to marketing his products,
He owes products to many people ,
He has misled people about goods being sent,
His website and Ebay store are still open for orders
He won't communicate.

Unless he is seriously ill, I'd be using stronger words to describe him.
I'm glad to hear that someone has actually seen one of these.

Given that, I'm personally going to hold on in the hopes that he gets whatever the issue is resolved. Its not soemthing I am recommending to others and I realize its a big risk to take. OTOH its a risk I personally can afford right now. (Thanks be to the gods.)

It is sad to see him flash and burn as (a) apparently there really has been good product produced and (b) I do still believe hes a nice enough guy who maybe just got in over his head.
I had ordered one and got the same note from Peter saying to be patient. After putting the pieceses together I contacted eBay/PayPal for a refund. It is a shame because I really needed the BCI that Cyberqat (and so many others) ordered.
I looked at the underbelly of Peter Austin's website (I am a web designer by day) and found some interesting things embedded there on hidden pages. Things that a scammer would not have placed such as pictures of dogs, pictures of a son opening christmas presents and his real phone number (although it is no longer accepting messages). Doesn't seem like a scammer to me. It would be nice to know the story of where he went ... in the hospital ... under a bus ... to Shri Lanka?
Hi all just to say my paypal dispute ended today with no response from Peter at all. I am glad to say that paypal have fully refunded me my monies. I hope everyone else gets their hard earned cash back. However I would have preferred the wallet as sounded amazing. Anyone know what a wallet called the flame wallet is all about. Magic bruce mentioned it earlier in this thread but sounded very cheap $20 or there abouts ? Regards Gary
Nanaswan, The word on the $20 wallet I mentioned is.........Junk. Undependable, like once every 10 times. I have 2 wallets that I got off ebay. They are a card to wallet that flames. I can do a flaming biz card by putting my card in it for 10-30 seconds (no longer). Strike it with the right hand and remove it with the left. All the attention is on the card as I put away the wallet. I am always surprised at how little heat (pun intended) is on the wallet. It's on ebay under:
KAPS ON FIRE CARD TO WALLET STEPHANE JARDONNET $29.99 plus11.00 for shipping.
Down side: Little noisy when striking, but it takes a standard flint and can be adjusted for a lot of uses. ( I swear that this is unsolicited testimonial) MagicMakerbyBruce
Thanks MagicbyBruce
Has anyone contacted Ebay about no contact from his auctions
Bill
I wish you could experience an electronic ignition - silent and one finger push with little effort compared to stripped out bic lighter. It's basically the difference between a dial up 56k modem and a T1 line. And Peter Austin used to make them, that's the poor shame and stupid thing about this whole fiasco! After 6 pages of this thread, there is no way I would part with it, not that I was considering it. This situation is truly baffling. I hope the circumstance is not connected with a meth lab!
Since the Austin wallets are a thing of the past ... If I knew the type of ceramic ignitor and which battery type was used I can help us all re-create this until Peter resurfaces. Just a thought. Have a good night.
Been away a few days, just checked my credit card balance
and my money has also been refunded.
ProfessorMack
Sure I would love to know the same thing about his Ceramic Igniter. Just until Peter returns to making the wallets. Of course I’m, not trying to steal his idea, but I would love to get one, to look at. Does anyone have a wallet (Austin) I can see in the Los Angeles area.
Just a thought.
Bkmagic
Peter is still selling on The Castle auction site:

http://www.magiccastleauctions.com/auction_search.php

They have not responded to any of my queries(I'm not a member)I have tried to email them at:

auctions@magiccastle.com

Did any of us purchase through them? It is where I first saw the wallets offered, but I ordered directly through him. Perhaps he is filling these orders (and ebay) first. I am continually amazed that his criminal enterprise goes on. I guess magic is supposed to be amazing.
I have Peter Austins Duality of Fire wallet, number eight in the series. I have tried it once and it works beautifully. It is a prop I am not going to use so if anyone would like to buy it I would be willing to sell for cost price, $199, plus postage from the UK.
This is in the original tin, with DVD, spare wicks, fuel bottle, batteries and original wrapping. It looks brand new.
Please PM me if you would like it.
If anyone wants to sell there Peter Austin Fire wallet Please contact me via Private Message. I would love to have one.
Bill

They have not responded to any of my queries(I'm not a member)I have tried to email them at:

auctions@magiccastle.com

Did any of us purchase through them? It is where I first saw the wallets offered, but I ordered directly through him. Perhaps he is filling these orders (and ebay) first. I am continually amazed that his criminal enterprise goes on. I guess magic is supposed to be amazing.
[/quote]

His ebay store is still going. However he hasn't had any seller feedback since 22/04/10?
His buyer feedback stopped on 3/08/10?
He seems to have disappeared over the last couple of months.
I also thought that with the number of complaints to Paypal that they would have put a stop on his ebay paypal transactions?
The previous post should read like this.

[quote]
On 2010-11-16 11:39, MagicByBruce wrote:

auctions@magiccastle.com
His ebay store is still going. However he hasn't had any seller feedback since 22/04/10?
I also thought that with the number of complaints to Paypal that they would have put a stop on his ebay paypal transactions?

[/quote]
[quote]
On 2010-11-16 14:22, jugglestruck wrote:
I have Peter Austins Duality of Fire wallet, number eight in the series. I have tried it once and it works beautifully. It is a prop I am not going to use so if anyone would like to buy it I would be willing to sell for cost price, $199, plus postage from the UK.
This is in the original tin, with DVD, spare wicks, fuel bottle, batteries and original wrapping. It looks brand new.
Please PM me if you would like it.
[/quote]

This has now been sold, thank you all for your interest.
I have been lucky enough to get my hands on the wallet from Jugglestruck , so cant wait to play around with it over the weekend. Will keep you posted as to whether all the fuss about these wallets was justified regards Gary
Nanaswan ...... I think you are going to love it..

john
Great looking forward to it thanks John
Hi all had a chance to play with this wallet , and I must say it is awesome in every aspect. Its such a shame that Peter has gone awol as it is perfect in every way. The attention to detail is exquisite and the workings are immaculate. I just hope someone picks up the mantle and continues to produce these as it is a remarkable piece of kit.Hope some of you get lucky too and somehow manage to pick one up , regards Gary
That's great to hear Nanaswan.
I would still like to know what has happened to Peter????
Hey Nanaswan,
Always be mindful of the ceramic ignitor now that any warranty/replacement is extinct.
I love my wallet too. Almost feel guilty when using it knowing the handful of folks who got semi-taken.
Came across this thread while researching the Jardonnet wallet.
This might be a stretch, but has anyone tried contacting Steve Brooks to see which email address this Magicmaker guy used when he registered for the site? Even a simple "yes, it's affiliated with Peter's site" would work, without having to reveal the actual email address.
Just a thought! I found from the very beginning (before reading through this whole thread) that the guy's posts were a little too enthusiastic about this.
I don't see our criminal genius on Ebay anymore. He still owes money back to my friend and will not answer any emails.
I almost ordered this "perfect" wallet too. Thanks to everyone who shared their misfortune with this MagicMaker named Peter Austin. I've been taken in by scammers once and unfortunately so has my brothers & parents. In high school, I lost $400 to a sweepstakes scam. My family, unfortunately, has been taken for hundreds of thousands. Scammers are good. They get you excited about something that's too good to be true, gain your trust, string you along to maintain trust when you start to have suspicions, then you when you finally get that sick feeling that you've been taken, they're no where to be found.

I haf my doubt bout the credibility of this MagicMaker. The red flags were present from the very first post and subsequent posts had even bigger red flags of this MagicMaker guy. First of all this guy is a new MagicCafe member. I take new users posts with a grain of salt. Unfortunately other peoplehave been scammed here on the Café from New Users. Secondly this guy, who claims to only be a customer (yea right), is writing and apologizing and resolving communication issues (initially) on behalf of so called Peter Austin. Since when has any customer been a spokesperson, customer service liaison, and communication director for someone else's business?

I hope everyone gets their money back.
It does seem strange that Austin would even bother for $125 or even $300 to do what it is surmised that he has done. Real wallets were produced it seems .... Obviously by someone trying to produce a superior fire wallet and related fire paraphernalia ... His website had hidden pictures of his home and perhaps son on the site. It does look abandoned for some reason or another ... Perhaps a heart attach ... Perhaps a family tragedy ... Perhaps he got overwhelmed with life and split ... Who knows. I think someone else on this post said that it seems like a lot of work for such a small return if it were a scam. I have been scammed before and lost money ... Horrible ... Disheartening ... Painful for months. I got a refund from eBay for the wallet I ordered ... Just getting in under the time wire. Hopefully someone out there knows the truth of what happened to Austin ... dead, sick or crook ... At this point it would just be nice to have some closure and the opportunity to send condolences, best wishes for a recovery or warnings to would-be scammers. Magicians make things disappear not usually themselves. It just still seems strange.
As the holiday season is approaching, I received a miracle today. After months of trying, I was contacted by Peter Austin himself by email. I won't go into the details but he apologized to me and all those persons who ordered merchandise and never received it. His life took a very bad turn and left him in a bad situation. He never intended to defraud anyone and wants to refund any money outstanding. If you have ordered a wallet and never received it, you can get a refund by emailing him your name, address, and info to www.peteraustinmagicrefund@gmail.com.
This doesn't seem to be a working email address---I too would like my money back or the wallet.
"The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'www.peteraustinmagicrefund@gmail.com.' on 15/12/2010 10:14 AM
Server error: 'Invalid recipient'"

This is an invalid address.

If Peter Magic Maker Austin is genuine and if it was Peter who sent the email to auriuspd, then he should contact everyone who he has lied to and taken money from .That would be the honorable thing to do.

The mystery continues.
I want the unmasking of Magic Maker once and for all!!!
Good luck to all for a speedy refund.
Th really bizzare thing is that this makes no sense at all as a con.

Besides the issues already pointed to, why would you make contact again after all possible money collecting had occurred? that's the last thing you would want to do.
Did he make contact though?

The email address that was sent is invalid.

Sounds like a prank.

Or, maybe for the refund you have to supply your "bank details etc"?
[quote]"The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'www.peteraustinmagicrefund@gmail.com.' on 15/12/2010 10:14 AM
Server error: 'Invalid recipient'"

This is an invalid address. [/quote]

Did you try this without the www and the period at the end?
Just clicked on the link.

The www and the period did seem strange!

I'll see what happens without them.

That works.

Now for a response from Peter or whoever.
Hello everybody, I have not been very active in this forum in the past but really do not know where else to turn. I have been a hobbiest Magician all my life and just enjoy doing magic for my kids and at family partys. My issue with Peter Austin is that I purchased his New Triple Suprise Box 19 months ago for $629 and have yet to recieve it. Yes we exchanged many emails and explained the building of it and it would be comleted in 6 weeks and so on. These emails which I have everyone from the begining until his accounts were no longer valid and sent him messages through his website, but no return. I do not think there is one possible excuse that he did not use on my including dumping coffee on his laptop. I have also have all the email explaining his major personal issues. Giving him every single chance to redeem himself inluding to just send me any product he has at all in stock and I would be ok with it,.... NOTHING! Obviously this is over 45 days old so PayPal was no help. I begged him to call me from the very begining but he would NOT. If anyone out there knows of anything that will help me recover my $629 from Mr. Austin I would greatly appreciate the help. I have Definately been Ripped off by Mr. Peter Austin. I have all the email to prove my statements and would be happy to share if there is any doubt of my claim. I would really be greatful for any help anyone could provide, $629 is not something that I can let go of real easily, esspecialy in todays world. Thank You so much for any ideas or help anyone can provide, Bob
A trail more than a year and a half old plus will be very challenging. What more can be said that has not been said before on this thread. I feel bad for your situation, but I really can not think of anything else short of hiring a private investigator, serious. Paypal obligations have expired, email addresses are dead. No one will bother asking for proof of your claim. Others have not found resolution.
The only break is to continue monitoring this thread. Sorry I could not sugar coat this or provide delusional solutions that would make matters worse and waste time.
The only thing remotely helpful would be to say do not beat yourself up on ALL the what ifs with the lost $629. This will be a sore issue for as long as you want it too be given the options presented right now. I'm not saying forget about it, but not obsess about it either. And if anyone says to you "well, others have been ripped off for thousands of dollars" I say ******** to that because this is about the whole principal, absent communication, breaking a trust and that you were affected. Who gives a **** about others for whatever reasons or circumstances.
Good luck to you and the others in this ****ed up situation.
I see his web site is down
Mail order fraud is a serious crime. $629 is enough money to get a felony charge.
Contact your bank on which the credit card is drawn. Contact the police in your area. Don't just call, go there.
Bring all information to the police.
It's possible that this could be a federal case because it involves the mail.
James

[quote]
On 2010-12-16 23:23, p0nt00ns wrote:
Hello everybody, I have not been very active in this forum in the past but really do not know where else to turn. I have been a hobbiest Magician all my life and just enjoy doing magic for my kids and at family partys. My issue with Peter Austin is that I purchased his New Triple Suprise Box 19 months ago for $629 and have yet to recieve it. Yes we exchanged many emails and explained the building of it and it would be comleted in 6 weeks and so on. These emails which I have everyone from the begining until his accounts were no longer valid and sent him messages through his website, but no return. I do not think there is one possible excuse that he did not use on my including dumping coffee on his laptop. I have also have all the email explaining his major personal issues. Giving him every single chance to redeem himself inluding to just send me any product he has at all in stock and I would be ok with it,.... NOTHING! Obviously this is over 45 days old so PayPal was no help. I begged him to call me from the very begining but he would NOT. If anyone out there knows of anything that will help me recover my $629 from Mr. Austin I would greatly appreciate the help. I have Definately been Ripped off by Mr. Peter Austin. I have all the email to prove my statements and would be happy to share if there is any doubt of my claim. I would really be greatful for any help anyone could provide, $629 is not something that I can let go of real easily, esspecialy in todays world. Thank You so much for any ideas or help anyone can provide, Bob
[/quote]
Yeah that's a lot of money. Worth chasing. I wish you luck.

This whole thing has just been bizarre.
Auriuspd, I would not be bored by the details. Is his personal problem crack? Until I/we hear a reason for all of this, I will assume (ass you me) that this is another stalling technique for the hapless hopefuls out there.
Esoteric moment: I have seen two re-occurring foibles in magicians. (1) That we think we can lie so convincingly. We embellish, fudge and white lie. We think our wives, friends and audiences don't see through this. (2) We think that there is one effect that is going to put us over the top. It's the one that will change our fortunes. If we buy "FreaKEY" we will become Gregory Wilson. I see both of these in this situation.
Just heard from Paypal/American Express - I received all moneies back. Funny I still would love to get the Peter Austin Fire Wallet. What magicians will do just to get the best effect/trick out there.
Bill Kornhauser
[quote]
On 2010-12-13 23:12, auriuspd wrote:
As the holiday season is approaching, I received a miracle today. After months of trying, I was contacted by Peter Austin himself by email. I won't go into the details but he apologized to me and all those persons who ordered merchandise and never received it. His life took a very bad turn and left him in a bad situation. He never intended to defraud anyone and wants to refund any money outstanding. If you have ordered a wallet and never received it, you can get a refund by emailing him your name, address, and info to www.peteraustinmagicrefund@gmail.com.
[/quote]

Peter Magic Maker Austin did contact me after I sent an email to his refund address. He apologised and mentioned his personal issues that brought about the situation that he is in at the moment.
Since this wallet fell through I have purchased one from Stephane Jardonett.
His original wallet has served me very well for many years and hopefully this one will do the same.

Chappelly
Did anyone find out anymore info on Peter .
After struggling to get one of these gems I now have two of them. A bit like waiting for a bus , you wait an age then two come a long at once. Anyway if any one would like a duality of fire in brand new condition , just been tried out a couple of times then please pm me. I would like the same price as advertised on Peters site plus shipping . Regards Gary
Hi all wallet now sold thanks for your interest Gary
Wow, and now a secondary market.
Does anyone else have a Peter Austin Fire Wallet for sale - I still would love to get one. Please PM me ASAP - I'm really motivated. !!!!!
Bill
Saturday, I made an offer on a Peter Austin Rattle Box and Lippincott box on Ebay and was contacted by a "Wendy" via e-mail shortly thereafter. She claimed that her husband had recently passed away from an illness and that she was unemployed and selling off her husband's most prized possessions to make ends meet to support her children. I agreed to send the personal payment to help with fees knowing that I was putting myself at risk and only gambling $65.00. She said she had more items to sell offering to combine shipping if I wanted to purchase a few more items before the package was shipped but I felt it was safer to have the box shipped first to see if they would actually arrive.

I noticed that during our correspondences, the name associated with the e-mail address in Microsoft Outlook changed from "Paul Paul" to "Me Me" which was the first sign that something was going on. I wanted the nest of boxes because I felt they would go well with the items I had already purchased and I would be helping the widow of a fellow magician which is what I wanted to believe. My girlfriend and stepdaughter told me that they sensed the whole thing was a fraud but I didn't want to believe this because the person seemed so knowledable about the art of magic. Also, the first package arrived just as she stated.

The next morning I receive an e-mail asking to send payment via check or money order because she had received a notice from Paypal stating that there was a problem with the account I sent payment to previously due to her husband's death. Another option was to send the payment to her father's account. At this point I became even more suspicious letting her know so. She replied with an offer to send the product first and allowing me to express mail a check upon receipt which I was just about to agree to when my girlfriend found this thread. At which point I immediately backed out of the deal stating that I was no longer interested in anything from anyone who would go to such lengths to make some sales which offended me personally.

It is a shame to prey on people's emotions and take advantage of sympathy and kindness. The sad part is that I would have purchased the products anyway because I am a collector and appreciate quality magic. This is just a small portion of my magic collection http://www.themagicmuseum.com/cabinet.html
Having been a victim of Peter Austin in the past and knowing his MO, I fully suspect that "Wendy" was actually Peter Austin trying to find more victims to prey on. If an item is connected with Peter Austin, run don't walk in the opposite direction.
I purchased the wallet from eBay one and half year ago, I didn't know that this wallet is famous. It's now in my drawer, used it only once :)
Why is it in your drawer? Is it the quality of the wallet or is it just not your thing?
[quote]
On 2011-11-07 14:56, jugglestruck wrote:
Why is it in your drawer? Is it the quality of the wallet or is it just not your thing?
[/quote]

I just rarely perform this trick. In our country, there are so many magic shops selling this trick, and they are made in china. You can get one for $10, so I don't want to perform this trick for a while.
[quote]
On 2011-11-23 07:32, ijohan wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-11-07 14:56, jugglestruck wrote:
[/quote]

I just rarely perform this trick. In our country, there are so many magic shops selling this trick, and they are made in china. You can get one for $10, so I don't want to perform this trick for a while.
[/quote]I would be very surprised if it was this one, these are rare , expensive and top top quality .
Never this one Nanaswan, this one is top notch, I was a bit curious before purchasing, but actually for the specs the tricks look the same though.
Is there any electronic wallet on the market which works and looks good? I purchased Haslett's wallet but after one cherging the batteries are dead... Also quality of the wallet is so poor. How this is possible that there is still no innowation of old wallet? Everybody say that it works perfectly but the truth is that it sometimes takes couple of times to ignite the wallet. Each time makes some sound which is obvious to the spectator.
So I know this is an old topic, but I'm guessing this is the man you were all looking for: http://www.tributes.com/obituary/show/Peter-O.-Austin-90638290
Same name but what else links this Peter Austin to the one discussed in the thread?
I was one of the persons scammed by him. In my research back then, Peter's wife was named Wendy. Not the same person in the obituary.