(Close Window)
Topic: The Three Ball Trick
I got back on my, do every trick in Stars of Magic kick, some time ago. This version of the trick is a far cry from the elegant handling of John Scarne. I've colorized the trick, ala Milt Kort.

iTricks shot a video of my version of the trick at Magic*Con. I don't think it shows the effect off as well as it should. No fault of the videographer. I need to learn to work in front on a camera better.

This version is from my practice archives. I hope it shows the routine off better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jq0sIIb3q4

KG
Looks good Kent.
Have you worked on any other versions?
I like the Roth version and one of the ones in the Garcia Book.
I never really got good reactions to the Scarne version for some reason.

Keep on working man,
Mobius
Saw Roth do his version in a lecture, about a century ago. I got the balls and routine. I worked it up but never performed it.

I did the Scarne routine, stone cold out of SOM for years. It never got a good enough reaction. That, by the way, was certainly not Scarne's fault.

I worked up the Kort-based sleight, from L.I.N.T. I kept playing with the premise until I got to the point you see in the video.

KG

PS Thanks for the feedback.
Lookin good brutha!

I went into my spare/magic room over the weekend and saw my copy of SoM sitting out and since nobody else around here is into magic I'm guessing I was working on something from it.... Might have to take a look at Scarne's 3BT, revisit Vernon's and if I'm not mistaken, I seem to recall having Roths work in video format.

Might be fun to swap ideas on how we handle our balls when I see ya this summer KG!

MMc
Mike,

We can definitely discuss the Three-Ball effect at the gathering. You bring yours and I'll bring mine.

KG