(Close Window)
Topic: What is the name of this trick?
Message: Posted by: Mehtas (May 1, 2010 04:43PM)
Anybody knows the name of the following trick??

The trick is as follows.

Props: One clear perspex block with hole going through the middle and sides. a real bullet with hole going through the sides and a length of ribbon.

I think the effect is that you place the bullet in the bigger hole of the clear block and thread the ribbon through side holes of the block and the bullet, thus locking both together.

The spectator can hold both end of the ribbon and the magi pulls the bullet out.

Would it be possible to know the name of above trick. or better, get a copy of instructions??
Message: Posted by: Rennie (May 1, 2010 09:54PM)
Never heard of any trick using a bullet, except for the "Bullet Catch"
Message: Posted by: Julie (May 2, 2010 01:03AM)
This is an old and fairly common bit of apparatus, made by many manufacturers.

Most recently, for a similar wooden version, I can suggest checking Jay Leslie's and Mel Babcock's sites.

These sites might be practical for checking the name of the effect.

Message: Posted by: Mehtas (May 2, 2010 05:04AM)
Yes, its the old "releaso" trick which used to come with a wooden block.

I've never seen one woth a bullet and a clear block.
Message: Posted by: kiketron (Feb 19, 2013 03:57PM)
I also suggest the website "oldmagicprops.com"
They have a "What is it" section where they post pictures of unknown props