(Close Window)
Topic: Tying a Turbin
Hey I thought I would get into the spirit of things here and ask an 'intelligent' question. Just how do you wrap a turbin around your head?

yes I am serious! I see some very elaborate turbins and am afraid to ask a Sikh or ARAB.
Swami, how I love ya, how I ya, my dear old Swami...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkXQZit1DPo
I love you, too?

I had mine made for me; easier than rewrapping it each time.
I had a "how to" website for tying a turban using a longer cloth, but the site is no longer there. I may have printed out the page for a reference to go with Tarbell's Burnt and Restored Turban. Hernan, If I ever find the print out, I will email you a pdf of it. Nice to see you around!
Message: Posted by: MagiciennesUnlimited (May 3, 2010 08:37PM)
Todd, I clicked the link and watched the turban vid-not sure why. . .however, as I did, I noticed this link to the side that the kid in me HAD to click.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnSKcV6l5A8&feature=channel

It's one helluva pitch. Er, advice video...er, pitch...I'm so confused.
Hernan, never be afraid to ask someone about their culture. You'd be surprised how pleased they'd be and willing to tell you all about it. Imagine living in a foreign country where everyone is a different color than you, speaking a language you have to learn, and appear like someone that everyone else fears. You be so happy when someone asks you about where you come from.

I talk to my Sikh neighbors and gas station owners ALL the time. Tell them that you know the fakir arts and ways of the sahdu, it will blow their minds.
Swarmi Swarmi? Baloney!

Notice the "r'"s--It's my thick New York accent!
I talked about culture with Nipps once, and learned a lot about anaerobic bacteria!
Message: Posted by: MagiciennesUnlimited (May 4, 2010 11:37PM)
Am I the only one who enjoyed the gas pitch? I really need to grow up...

;p
[quote]
On 2010-05-04 17:23, Harley Newman wrote:
I talked about culture with Nipps once, and learned a lot about anaerobic bacteria!
[/quote]

Raise a glass for me next time you talk cuture with Nipps......

I just clicked you meant "cuture" as in a clture of micro-irganisms ...... I thought (at first) that you meant Anaerobic bacteria as in the micro-organism Saccharomyces carlsbergensis (A yeast that is ued to be common in my home town of Burton - on - Trent UK - Think Bass beer!)

Either way raise one for me..... I'm off for a glass of port.

Dave
I was in India as a guest of a Raja any way an expert tied one on me for a picture not easy, not quick, But they do sell pre made ones that don't look too bad
I do sell these. If interested, let me know.

Regards,
Mike