(Close Window)
Topic: Coleman fuel tastes funny?
A friend recently purchased a new can of flammable liquid to do his fire eating act with and we noticed it's now a pink-ish hue, not the blue tint it once was. It also tastes different. (Still better than lighter fluid)

Does anyone know if they have changed their formula? Is it safer, more dangerous, or pretty much the same?

On a side note - I wonder if the people at Coleman know that there are performers using their product for fire eating and have looked into ways to make it safer for the body?
I htought we were supposed to not talk specific fuels on this part of the Café???
Taste funny how? Like a clown? Or is it "ha-ha" funny tasting? Did you check the expiration date? You can tell its bad if it curdles in your hot coffee. The thread has no taste.
Oh how could I miss the two cannibals eating a clown .... One turns to the other and says "Does this taste funny to you" joke!!!!

And how is Coleman’s supposed to taste? Do the makers really care how it tastes?
Not to fuel this discussion...I don't want it to get too heated.

My first question would be what you are storing it in? If it is a metal that could corrode you may get a red tinge from the oxidation. Second would be, is it really the manufacture you mentioned, and did you by it in the states. Note that at one point in time camping stoves in the UK ran on a diesel fuel, known as "red fuel" or "DERV".

With that said, I don't condone using any of the mention for other than what it is intended for.
We have moved on over here .... we now have GAZ for camping now .....

... yes he wears these really tight golen shorts and minces up and down all night long!
OK,who peed in the coleman fuel...?
Can I add in a public announcment for Pete .....

I aint no doctor .......

......but you shoud see one! If you think pee give a pinkish tint to normally clear liquids! It should not be pinkish!
Good point. I guess my third question is, are you consuming the Coleman Fuel and storing it in your bladder? You might not want to pee near an open flame! That could bring all new meaning to, "It burns when I pee."!
[quote]
On 2010-05-11 15:45, dave_matkin wrote:
Can I add in a public announcment for Pete .....

I aint no doctor .......

......but you shoud see one! If you think pee give a pinkish tint to normally clear liquids! It should not be pinkish!
[/quote]

How do you know what color coleman fuel turns when you pee in it?
Ah wel .... erm .... I have been buying up coleman fuel and taking most of it out ........ then peeing in it and selling it on the pink market!
Er I mean black market!

I make loads of money out of it ..... well I would but I am having to drink like a fish to get the pee pee factoree going .... and the flipping fuel evaporates before I can cork teh bottle!

I need a new job!
I stand with you in solidarity!
[quote]My first question would be what you are storing it in? If it is a metal that could corrode you may get a red tinge from the oxidation. Second would be, is it really the manufacture you mentioned, and did you by it in the states. Note that at one point in time camping stoves in the UK ran on a diesel fuel, known as "red fuel" or "DERV".[/quote]

First off, not a novice, just to clear anything up. This was right off the shelf at Wal-mart fresh. My friend in another state also noticed the change in hue. It is indeed made by who I said.

I love how someone can ask a serious question on here and get a thread full of nothing. You guys crack me up.
I think part of the problem is you asked a question the site says isn't supposed to be discussed.