(Close Window)
Topic: Higley major update for Bizarristas
1. The Dark Museum has gone thru a couple of changes.

a. The ETMP is now in Retirement mode.

b. The Ripper set is now in Retirement mode. (Though the Demented Eye is available)

c. I have a new shipment of Leather Dispatch Envelopes for 3 No Evil and they are SWEET!

d. fEARs (3 ears) in retirement mode.

e. Pirate Toes (3 Toes)in Retirement mode.

g. The NEW and only Dark Museum prop set now available contains a Shrunken Head, Monkey's Paw and 2 (two) Ears and a Toe. The price is such that a buyer will be getting a free Ear. :) But this is the set that puts the effect in the Feature category and simplifies the decision process. (see the site for new photos)

h. Good news for those interested in the Werewolf transformation props...finally there is a light at the end of the tunnel finding the perfect apparatus to make the swith. News soon. ( http://grindshow.com/grindshow/moon.html )

i. There is a new Zibit critter to choose as a substitute for the Mer. See http://mist.grindshow.com Same price as the Mer and bridges the gap between Science and Myth...well sorta. ;-)

2. Discussions and plans are being CONSIDERED for a Higley DVD...in other words I'm being hammered to get one done from numerous quarters (even one at home.)

That's about it for now. If you are not 'friended' on FB please look me up. (my name) I only have 'performers' as freinds...NO muggles (except for a couple of offspring)

Thanks all.
Sign me up for the DVD :)
Lots of great information here Doug. Especially about the DVD. That would be a great release for the bizarre community.

Tony
[quote]
On 2010-05-14 11:02, Tony Chris wrote:
...That would be a great release for the bizarre community.

Tony
[/quote]

Tony - I've never heard truer words!
So Doug, does retirement mode mean that you may still have some of those goddies available but once gone they won't be available anymore OR there are no more period?

I'm interested in a couple of things if the former :) if so, can you PM me please?

Thanks,

David
I'd also like to know.
Kim
Not to be morbid, but it would be nice to have that kind of a legacy from Doug. None of us are immortal, and this type of stuff will be important for others to see long after I've finished converting oxygen to carbon dioxide.

I feel the same way about a few others here and elsewhere.

I totally blew an opportunity to have a private audience with Slydini in his later years, but at least I have DVD footage of him both teaching and performing. I kick myself every time I think about it. I don't do so as much in relation to Mr. Higley, considering how available Doug has made himself via other modes of communication. However, it would be very nice to have DVD footage of him.

Chris
Good question David. 'Retirement Mode' to me, means it's not on the site, and no I have nothing in stock. But for those in the know, I'll always make exceptions. I mainly just want to get the best out there I can...many who ordered an ETMP ordered the head anyway, as an extra prop. This brings the head back into the main routine, which is really how it should be done anyway and was the Original release about a hundred years ago (it seems). Just simplifying things and getting ready for a major re-do of the site. Bottom line though is, it's just the way I want it. I enjoy making snap decisions. ;-)

To blow his cover, Tony is one of those hammering me for a DVD. I'm not all that convinced I have anything to offer beyond what I already do...unless I can figure out a way to work in a babe with a huge rack to help sales.

And Christopher Handa, I resist the temptation to say 'up yours' but I appreciate the sensitivity in which you phrase your response. :)
Looking forward to the DVD!

I have (and cherish) the Ripper set and have a list of Higley 'wants' as long as your arm.
What DVD? THAT will have to be WRENCHED out of me.
Wow, Doug, nothing like addressing somebody by their full name to REALLY emphasize the age gap!!! ;)

What about the construction of a full-sized AA figure with the face of Gepetto and the deep baritone voice of a lion?

Chris
I think an Indiana Jones type adventure that shows Doug obtaining all these wonderful items in various locations would be a winner. Call Spielberg!
And here I was thinking something along the lines of
[b][i]Doug Higley and the curse of the Amazonian Snake Vampyre Women from Mars[/b][/i]
[quote]
On 2010-05-20 16:17, isid0re wrote:
And here I was thinking something along the lines of
[b][i]Doug Higley and the curse of the Amazonian Snake Vampyre Women from Mars[/b][/i]
[/quote]

Amazonian snake vampyre women with frikkin lazer beams attached to their heads ;)
A Higley DVD would probably commence with him reading all of our names off a list and saying "Up Yours!" and "Kiss my Gepetto Ass!" ;-P

That would be so worth it! It should be Higley giving you what for all the way through....

"Ok, now you take the 'zibit and...wait. I know what you're thinking..Come here! <smacks camera> Don't even try it. Either ya want to bathe in dollar bills or ya sit yer sorry ass alone in the rain. So listen up! Gepetto don't make no fools!"
And now, more Doug Higley DVD titles.....

"Doug Higley in - Tales of the Monkey's Paw"

"Night At The Dark Museum" With Ben Stiller, Co Starring Doug Higley

"Doug Higley versus the Headhunters"

"The Good, The Bad and the Higley"

"Higley - Welcome To Zibitland"

"My Name Is Doug"

"A Doug's Life"

"The Higley Wigglies" O.K., that one is just plain silly!

"The little Mer creature"

"Grind Show - A Tale Of Love" - For the Romantics in all of us.

"Honey, I shrunk the heads"

Seriously Doug, Start working on the DVD already!!!

Tony
[quote]
On 2010-05-20 17:46, Clifford the Red wrote:
Gepetto don't make no fools!"
[/quote]

That was Gangsta... I just imagined one of those ghetto horror flicks like Snoop Dogg as vampire.

*pictures Doug with a big purple pimp hat, pimp cane, and goblet o' crunk juice*
Doug,

You will need to produce a series of DVD's :) Aren't you glad that you mentioned it!

David
IsiDore...of all the things that ain't gonna happen...that is the most ain't you coulda come up with.
Doug:
When do you begin accepting pre-orders for the dvd?
Hahaha Best line of the day.
Next question if the Café holds true..."When you release the DVD...will there be a Video?"
LOL...and the answer is...
Yo mamma.
Doug
beware the flood of Yo Mama jokes soon to follow...
Nah...we wore that out a long time ago...I'm just slow...
Here's something new! http://grindshow.com/grindshow/tricycloplotz.html
Very cool!
Dino-mite!!!
Doug -- you keep wowing us. What's next?
That depends...
In earlier times in the UK and I believe in other parts of Europe a live cat would be walled in during the building of a house, apparently as a protection from evil spirits. Mr Higley ~(as I believe you desrve that title), how about a mummified cat. ...Here pussy, pussy!
Considering all my experience with 'those'....hmmm...ok.
Dougs put my baby up for all to see! Now I just need a name for her. Hmmm.
How about 'Macy'. Since it was the William H. Macy character in JP3 that triggered the line with 'Tricycloplotz'. ;-)
Great idea Doug! Macy it is!