(Close Window)
Topic: Got the splats
Within 5 minutes of playing with it the thing sprang a leak. Any tips on caring for these things?
They are for buying and selling, not for "playing" with.
Thank you, I wasnt sure what to do with them until you told me lol.
How did you do selling them?

The last two shows I did, my magic booth pulled in more money. Maybe because I was working the magic booth, but I think they are starting to get played out on the west coast.
Oops, time to move on to the next craze!!

Have you thought about Hula Hoops? Silly Putty? SETH
I'm going to the hong kong toy show in January to research new products. I think the splats and the magic will do crazy business in the midwest next year.
HAHAHA GOOD ONE SETH!!!

And lets not forget pitching eye glass cleaner and gyroscopes too. hahahaha

ROD
I really think the "Morris Metric Slicer" is due for a comeback. How else can you make decent coleslaw, folks?

Seriously, it is possible to wear out your welcome. This is why I try to rotate my spots and not necessarily play the same shows every single year.

New marks are being born every day, but they take time to grow up! SETH
Right you are Seth!!!

Hope your season is going well. The weather has been a real bummer this year, tornado warnings and heavy rain almost every weekend.

ROD
I'm thinking about the dipper-do.
Rod -- you're right, the weather and I have not been seeing eye-to-eye lately!

First I got washed out and then I got blown out. Now I'm getting "burned out" with several 90-95+ degree days that make it very difficult to work, even with a tent. Hopefully next weekend will be better.

Will, are you talking about the Dipper Bird that wets its beak and goes up and down by itself? If so, a cute item. SETH
Seth,

This is my friend Alex's site.The kid I worked NY state fair with last year.

http://www.mysuperlooper.com/ that's like a dipper-do

He's 16 now and has his own company.He's still waiting for shipment from China.

Don
Seth,
I think Will is talking about these.
http://www.diperdo.com/
I think I talked to Alex at the ASD show about the plane. Right now the dipper-do is .75 a piece. Alex wanted twice as much, maybe if he is getting it from China now, he can give me a better deal.

I also like the instant slasa powder as a possible thing to get into.
Surprised it took so long for the Spaltz to catch on...we saw them 3 years ago at DelMar demoed by the Distributor. In fact Don...didn't I call you and describe the things at that time??

I like the mini Helicopters. ;-)
OK, I get it now. I was confusing it with either the Bird Dipper or the Dutch Looper!

But before I started throwing little plastic planes over the heads of the marks, I'd be sure that my liability insurance was paid up in full! :)

If I ever start pitching toys, I think I'd stick to something that moves a little slower, like Wall Walkers or something! SETH
I agree Seth, Also can you imagine pitching these planes outdoors on a breezy day? Most of your stock would wind up in the next county after each demo haha

Working with worms and cards on a windy day is hard enough.
ROD
I've experimented with them, good for indoors only, which I only work indoors anyway, and the turning radius of the loop is pretty tight.
I agree these loopers are strictly an indoor proposition. I'm sure they're a good crowd catcher, very visual.

I can't imagine selling them at outside shows, but I guess anything is possible. SETH