(Close Window)
Topic: Have Chain Will Travel
Hello...Rich from Mentalcraft here.You may or may not know that I make unique and custom pendulums,and other mentalism props.

I also am a tableside restaurant entertainer.Also a huge fan of 'Fast and Loose'.

I have some superb chain available for 'Fast and Loose'.At a GREAT price.

It comes in two lengths:4 foot[Which I personally use at tableside]and 5 foot.

Comes with drop off knot and velour pouch.

I wanted to put this up on my site,but my webman is away.[I am a non-techie]

PM me for details if interested.If you send your email I can send you a photo.[your email will never be shared]

'This is REALLY nice chain'....wonderful weight,and it handles like butter.

Happy trails.
Rich
The chain looks great! In lieu of your web guy, I posted it for you so others can see how good they look.

[img]http://www.davevmagic.com/forumpix/Gabe590.jpg[/img]
Wow...thanks Dave!

When I tried that in the past my photos were the size of a postage stamp. :)
You can't just "post them" you have to "host them" and then provide a link to the web server address. Right now it's hosted on my site until your web guy comes back.

The Café doesn't have the server space to store every picture people may want to post, so they restrict files on the site itself to an almost unusable size.
Rich, is this chain different in style than the SFS chain?

It's hard to tell in the photo.
Sorry,I cannot answer that...because I have never handled or seen the SFS chain...other than a photo on the SFS DVD box.
It looks like they're both "French Rope" design. This seems to be the best as the loops are visually confusing and it's hard to follow the lay of the chain.

I'll know soon enough as I just ordered one and I'll do a side by side comparison with my SfS chain.
What is the cost of these chains?
Although this shouldn't turn into a "for sale" thread, at present he's charging $24 for the 4 ft and $30 for the 5 ft chain, and if you hurry shipping is free.
Okay, I got mine today. Haven't used it yet, but at first glance it's about the same link size as the SfS chain, but using a lighter gauge wire. Some of the links aren't closed as cleanly but as long as the chain isn't twisted out of shape they should be covered by the adjacent links.

For the price it's not bad at all. For heavy use I'd still go for the SfS chain with it's heavy links, heavy plating and lifetime guarantee but if you're a casual player and don't want to spend the extra cash, this should do nicely.
Here's a side by side comparison of the two chains. SfS chain in heavy nickel plate, Rick's in copper. It's hard to tell even this close up, but the links are indeed thinner but the loop size is pretty much the same. You see it more in the gaps between the links than the links themselves. The highly polished nickel chain is visually more deceptive but for certain venues I think I'll like the matte copper look better. I'm curious how it "ages" over time.

[img]http://www.davevmagic.com/forumpix/Chains1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.davevmagic.com/forumpix/Chains2.jpg[/img]
Looks like a good buy.
Thank-you Dave...for your very fair review,other comments and photo's.

As far as the copper chain,I have been wearing a pendulum bracelet [several times a week],that I made from the same chain,for a couple of months now and it still looks the same.

My Silver plated Chain is very nice too,and is a real sparkler.I personally like using both at different types of venues too.I am extending the Free S/H one week until June 22.

Thank-you Whit.
Also,let me take this opportunity to thank both you,and Chef Anton for your book of 'Notes' and DVD on Fast and Loose.Truly one of the best investments I have made.I highly reccommend getting both if one wishes to learn F&L.

My best.
Rich
I ordered and just recieved this fabulous chain and to me it is exact the chain I was looking for, so now it is time to pick up that Fast & Loose routine again!
Great service thank you!
I would like to point out that our S4S chains do have a lifetime guarantee: if the finish ever wears, tarnishes, cracks or if the chain breaks, we will replace it for free.

Our gold chain has the thickest possible gold plating applied after the chain is linked into a loop.
[quote]
On 2010-08-12 12:24, Sander wrote:
I ordered and just recieved this fabulous chain and to me it is exact the chain I was looking for, so now it is time to pick up that Fast & Loose routine again!
Great service thank you!
[/quote]

Thank-you Sander!I am glad you like it.BTW...I don't remember whether I enclosed a note...but the sample piece of silver plated chain I sent you,was just that...a sample...so you could see that this [my silver plated] chain is equally as nice.

If you decide to order down the road,I will ship free being that you have already purchased one of my chains.:)

Thanks again for you nice comments.

Happy trails.
Rich
I now have my chains listed at my MentalCraft website. Included is the outline of my presentation that I use at my Family Restaurants. Lets face it...F&L is great when presented as a gambling demonstration.
However, sometimes The Endless Chain can also be presented effectively in a non gambling context.

If you have already purchased a chain or chains from me...just contact me and I will email you the outline. I save all transaction records.

http://tinyurl.com/26858jt

Rich
Sorry, the above link has been changed to: http://tinyurl.com/2d326ve

Rich
I received one of Rich's copper chains today - it's a very nice design, cool color and great value. It's a lighter gauge chain than the S4S chain (which I also use) that's just right for more casual presentations. Rich also generously shares a PDF outline of his family-oriented routine, which has a number of really good presentation and handling ideas. Thanks Rich!

Scott
As I have some problems with Nikel on my skin,(and that gold is a little expensive) I'm interested in this copper chain (Never found any silver chain...)
Where can we found it? Especially in Europe ( France).
[quote]
On 2011-01-19 05:28, Boudje wrote:
As I have some problems with Nikel on my skin,(and that gold is a little expensive) I'm interested in this copper chain (Never found any silver chain...)
Where can we found it? Especially in Europe ( France).
[/quote]

You can find it here: http://tinyurl.com/2d326ve

Just a note: The free shipping offer will end soon.
I now have my Endless Chain available in a very cool 'Natural Dark Steel': http://tinyurl.com/6rtk7f4

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Happy trails.
Rich
Neat site, Rich. Glad you posted it.

Jim
Thanks Jim!

To those who purchased my new "Natural Dark Steel Endless Chain'...thank-you! I hope you like it as much as I do.

Happy trails.
Rich
RICH, I'm looking to order from your site, but it's not processing...orders.. it seems.

DCB
[quote]
On 2012-03-13 19:37, deadcatbounce wrote:
RICH, I'm looking to order from your site, but it's not processing...orders.. it seems.

DCB
[/quote]

PM'd you
'Occasionally' the cart at MentalCraft will not allow an order to process further to checkout. This is very rare. If you have this problem please PM me for details on another 'easier' way to order.

Also, all of my endless chains come with a drop off knot, and velour pouch. Sorry I forgot to show the knot and pouch in my recent photo for the new 'Dark Natural Steel Endless Chain'.

Please rest assured you will receive: The Chain [4ft.,5ft., or custom size]; A drop off knot; a quality velour pouch; and my 'pdf. outline' for presentation at family restaurants and other family venues.

Happy trails.
Rich
Been using the old ball type bathroom chain for a long time. are these new chains that much better?
They do not move out of position on the table as easily, and the complex design of the French Rope chain makes it impossible for even the sharpest spectator to comprehend the pattern, as is possible with rope, string, or ball chain.

The use of the French Rope chain was an original improvement by School for Scoundrels.
Pop, I'm currently trying to order from the SFS site, but there's a problem with the postage cost... Chef is dealing with it.

Regards,

DCB
I ordered the chain from Rich. Took 3 days from door to door... not bad at all! Great service, and good to deal with.

DCB
Thank-you DCB...you too are a pleasure to do biz with. I still cannot believe it...3 days from the beaches of LI USA to the Wilds of Ireland! That's got to be a record. Well done Postal Service.

Enjoy!

Rich
I also ordered a chain from Rich and am well pleased with the product and service.

LeoH
Glad you like it Leo. Thank-you for your comment.

Rich
Limited time Special Sale.

Order any 5ft. Endless Chain [$30.00] [Silver; Copper; or Dark Steel] and receive a 4ft. Endless Chain [Silver; Copper;or Dark Steel] @ 30% off...only $16.00!
USA shipping is only $3.50, and International shipping is only $5.50. *All chains include a dropoff knot and velour pouch.

http://tinyurl.com/73hvvgt

Happy trails.
Rich
[quote]
On 2012-07-12 08:26, RicHeka wrote:

Order any 5ft. Endless Chain [$30.00] [Silver; Copper; or Dark Steel] and receive a 4ft. Endless Chain [Silver; Copper;or Dark Steel] @ 30% off...only $16.00!
USA shipping is only $3.50, and International shipping is only $5.50. *All chains include a dropoff knot and velour pouch.

Happy trails.
Rich
[/quote]

Time to offer this Special sale again.

I will honor the original shipping prices...even though shipping costs have recently increased.

Thank-you to all who have purchased, and also for your positive feedback.

Note: This special sale may not be combined with any other discounts at MentalCraft

Happy trails.
Rich
[quote]
On 2013-05-03 23:49, RicHeka wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-07-12 08:26, RicHeka wrote:

Happy trails.
Rich
[/quote]

Time to offer this Special sale again.

I will honor the original shipping prices...even though shipping costs have recently increased.

Thank-you to all who have purchased, and also for your positive feedback.

Note: This special sale may not be combined with any other discounts at MentalCraft

Happy trails.
Rich
[/quote]

Friends....I hope all who purchased my MentalCraft chains are enjoying using them.

I am again offering the above special deal for a limited time. Also, if you would like an extra dropoff knot....I will include an extra knot for only $5.00.

As an introduction of my own full routine ...I am always prepared to repeat the dropoff illusion if asked. [I am often asked] This illusion can be very powerful...and is one of those times when repeating a trick can pay entertainment dividends. ;)

Please email me ... rich@mental-craft.com if you wish to take advantage of this special offer [at the old shipping rates]

* Here is the link to view the F&L Chains on my new site: http://tinyurl.com/qyf87kb

Happy trails.
Rich Hennessey
http://www.mental-craft.com/
A new 'Have Chain Will Travel offering from MentalCraft.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=576824&forum=218

Happy trails.
Rich
Thank-you to all who purchased.
Http://tinyurl.com/n5uwbu3

The introductory sale price will end Mid-nite Thursday Jan.22.

Happy trails.
Rich
Http://tinyurl.com/onf55k2

Happy trails.
Rich
Hi all, came across this subject area of 3 card Monte and bar betchas and thought I would chime in with my recollection of Paul Daniels in the Bunco Booth performance of an effect using a long length of chain deftly persuaded into 3 loops and a larger surrounding loop.
Spectator only has to pick the loop which will successfully lock onto his / her finger to win when the large loop is pulled to one side.
They of course never do and pick the wrong one ...
Brilliant effect but I never did track down the originator of this ............Does anyone here remember it ?

Is this the chain used for the effect ?

best wishes Nic
[quote]On Sep 1, 2015, spectrahue wrote:
Hi all, came across this subject area of 3 card Monte and bar betchas and thought I would chime in with my recollection of Paul Daniels in the Bunco Booth performance of an effect using a long length of chain deftly persuaded into 3 loops and a larger surrounding loop.
Spectator only has to pick the loop which will successfully lock onto his / her finger to win when the large loop is pulled to one side.
They of course never do and pick the wrong one ...
Brilliant effect but I never did track down the originator of this ............Does anyone here remember it ?

Is this the chain used for the effect ?

best wishes Nic [/quote]

When Fred Lowe published The Triple Circle Routine in Ganson's The Art of Close Up Magic, he said that he didn't believe it was ever in print before. It was shown to him by Jack Salvin, who may have been the originator.
Hi all just an update to say I have managed to find the material I was looking for over at Lybrary Magic ; Chris Wasshuber : click here http://www.lybrary.com/the-endless-chain-knowhow-series-p-11628.html

A great instruction manual with credits , history and a reference to Paul Daniels performing it on his show !

I am glad I came across this post ....

thanks Nic
Special Sale on MentalCrafts already low priced Quality Endless Chains for Fast & Loose

Http://tinyurl.com/mhlbnmo

Happy trails.
Rich