(Close Window)
Topic: Pirated Desert Brainstorm 3 DVD set
I won these through an eBay auction, and received them today.

It appears that these are not originals, but copies!
(unless A1 multimedia started producing lower quality products, with "ink jet stick-on labels" for the DVD label, and generic DVD cases with poorly copied inserts).

I read the sellers review rating and another person mentions receiving a copy of a booklet.

I messaged the seller and asked for a refund.

I will message eBay and report him as well.
Youd also want to inform a1 multimedia of that:
Richard Osterlind 13 Steps DVDs for 29 ????

PIRATE!
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Jun 5, 2010 10:36AM)
If that's the case, Richard, Max and all the others whose DVDs he is selling should be warned so that they look into the matter and, if confirmed he is selling copies, they should force him to stop.
I called the number for A1 and is out of service.

I currently have a case open on ebay.

The seller told me he would refund me if I ship the items back, but shipping to his location is $13.00

I will email Max and inform him, if anyone has any way to contact the other artists he's pirating, please do so.
I warmed a couples of previous buyers about the possibility of bootlegs copies.

pmc magic, you can do the same. If many buyers complaints to ebay, this sellers might be ban
Thanks Stefmagic,

I contacted Ebay, and have an open case.

No doubt all of this seller's items are bootlegs.
Something simlar happened to me several months back when I paid $50 for what turned out to be a pirated copy of Guy Bavli's "Between Three Minds" DVD set. I told the seller I didn't want them. He told me to send them back but refused to pay for shipping. I reported him to eBay, PayPal and to Mr. Bavli himself.

The seller seemed to be a real piece of work too. He was selling multiple magic items (presumably bootleg as well) but cried to eBay/PayPal that someone hacked his account and was selling these items unbeknownst to him! My package was sent to me from Washington State yet the seller's home address on eBay was in Canada, indicating he was crossing the border to commit mail fraud.

PayPal said I was required to pay to ship these bogus disks back to the seller in order to the get my money refunded (less the amount I had to pay to re-ship them). This left me wondering whether it was even appropriate for PayPal to ask anyone to use the US mails to ship bootleg merchandise.
Message: Posted by: MentalistCreationLab (Jun 5, 2010 02:54PM)
PMC ebay will give you the whole amount + shipping. Also, they will ask you to destroy the bs copies. There is a policy that states this under counterfeit coins and other items. Please email A1 and inform them of the seller. The only way this will stop is if we as a group start cracking down on these people.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks MCL,

I Will try to contact Mike Maxwell from A1.
Same thing happen to my girlfriend, she want to get me A1 David Roth dvd and L&L David Roth dvds but she didn't realise that they were fakes so I open a case with ebay/paypal and got my money back in full and message the publisher of the dvd about the fakes.
The question is ; why if so much complaints about this seller selling bootlegs DVD and Ebay still keep the seller account open and active ???
These people keep creating new accounts on ebay , I have just notice lately the countries such as malaysia and denver usa. plus just keep in mind if its cheap on buy it on then more than likely its a fake.

cheers
I have tried many times to get different people blocked from ebay because they sell copies. It has only worked onceAs someone mentioned they just keep making new accounts. There is someone that sells different Flora DVDs that uses 3 or 4 accounts and just cycles through them. He is from Mexico, but uses an address in McAllen, Texas. I have also seen him, on several occasions, sell copies of one of Jerome Finley's books, who I did inform. I have reported all of the accounts I know about, but ebay doesn't seem to care.

You can try reporting them directly to the FBI for digital copyright infringement
https://tips.fbi.gov

I think if more people took this step it would force Ebay to actually do more about it
I did come across the items posted by that seller on Ebay and no sooner I looked at the prices I had a suspicion that it was a pirated copy. I asked the seller to post screenshots of the original product and I got no reply. I wonder why other buyers haven't complained.

-octave
Perhaps because pirating has no purpose without willing buyers...