(Close Window)
Topic: Brian Gillis on The Tonight Show with Johnny
I never saw this fellow before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JufpAo-fF4c
Thanks for that! He is really good
Good stuff!
Brian Gillis was the resident magician at Silver Dollar City (which is now Dollywood). He was followed by David Tallent. I am there now.
This is stuff that I LOVE to see! Johnny Carson was one of a kind and a class act all the way. Unlike Letterman who enjoys making magicians out to be boobs and hacks and doing what he can to trip them up, Johnny really wanted his fellow magi to feel at home and to succeed on his show. He knew how to showcase magic in a great light and make every magician who graced his stage feel like a star.

I never once saw a bad magic act on Carson...EVER!

Christopher
[quote]
On 2010-10-04 22:30, Christopher Lyle wrote:
This is stuff that I LOVE to see! Johnny Carson was one of a kind and a class act all the way. Unlike Letterman who enjoys making magicians out to be boobs and hacks and doing what he can to trip them up, Johnny really wanted his fellow magi to feel at home and to succeed on his show. He knew how to showcase magic in a great light and make every magician who graced his stage feel like a star.

I never once saw a bad magic act on Carson...EVER!

Christopher
[/quote]

Carson was a magican first. Letterman is a stand up comic first.

No one can even begin to know what he does, or goes through to be on top. So what if he puts Magicians through the ringer? GOOD. How DULL that they should get a pass because they have a title.