(Close Window)
Topic: Still Looking To Cast Role In Play Dead
The show is called "Play Dead," created by Todd Robbins ("Carnival Knowledge") and Teller (of Penn & Teller), opening Off Broadway in New York in November 2010. It's produced by Alan Schuster ("Stomp"),Cheryl Wiesenfeld ( Steady Rain), and Frank Gero (Steady Rain).

The show is a thriller, a nerve-shattering mood piece, full of shrieks and nervous laughter as the audience is drawn in a haunted world. This is not a typical play, but a theatrical thrill ride -- here and now in an "abandoned" theater -- in which the audience is surrounded by ghostly sights, sounds, and even touches of the returning dead -- all achieved by charming, diabolical storytelling coupled with extraordinary stage illusions.

We are looking for:
A 50+ year old actress to play the ghost of Italian peasant con woman- no dialogue - dance or movement background preferred but not required- nudity required, non union. This is a paid role.

The role occurs during a single scene at the climax of the show when the resurrected ghost of this 80 year old Italian woman appears. She looks dead, evil, ghoulish and completely nude. It is a short scene done in flashes of light that will only last a few minutes, but it is vital for the effect that she be completely nude.

We are doing this off-Broadway in NYC. We open in November for an open ended run. We will be doing 8 shows a week.

If you or someone you know might be interested, please let me know as we will be meeting with people this week.

The contact email is seancenyc@aol.com

Thanks,
Todd
Hi Todd,

I am not 50+, female, or with desire to perform nude on Broadway. However, I am very interested in Play Dead and will absolutely be in attendance. I saw your seance at The Mark Twain House earlier this year and enjoyed it very much. I believe you had mentioned that there may be a short run of Play Dead in CT, prior to the NY opening. Is that still the case? At any rate, break a leg and congratulations!
Yes, Todd, keep us informed as to developments. I also would like to see the show.
Due to schedule restrictions we will not be doing the run at the Long Wharf Theatre after all. Instead, we will be doing a full workshop of the show at a private theater at the Rio in Las Vegas Sept. 14th thru 24th. Then we jump to NYC with the production and start previews Oct. 28th. Opening night is Nov. 18th. More later.
My Grandmother is not going to be happy about this.

SB