(Close Window)
Topic: Now on sale: Sullivan's Amazing Stars of Magic!
I just received a notice from SOFA Entertainment that they are releasing a DVD entitled:
Ed Sullivan's Amazing Stars of Magic
The link is
http://www.sofaentertainment.com/sullivan-show-presents-amazing-stars-magic-p-188.html

The performers and their dates of appearance are:
1) Richiardi - 4/28/1966
2) Gali Gali - 11/14/1965
3) Phoa - 5/11/1969
4) Kalanag - 1/10/1960
5) Pavel - 4/21/1968
6) Rene Leveand - 12/29/1963
7) Berri Lee - 5/29/1969
8) Tel Smit - 6/7/1970
9) Chop Chop - 7/2/1961
10) Fantasio - 9/12/1965
11) Mac Ronay - 11/8/1970

Regrettably, no Channing Pollock, Del Ray, or Johnny Hart. But if the sales of this volume are good enough, maybe they can be persuaded to put out a Volume 2? One can hope. I remember when I first saw Rene Lavand on the Sullivan show, and it was a memorable performance! And Richiardi from 1966, at his prime? I would guess that some of the spots are in black and white... But still, that's "a really big show!!!!"

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
Thanks Sonny, for the notice, just ordered mine. Can't wait to see the greats. I had to make pizzas every Sunday nite when I was a teenager. When I got home, my parents said, "There was a really good magician on Ed Sullivan tonite!"

That always made me sad I had to miss the experience.
That is great news. I just picked up a closeout VHS tape of the Best of Sullivan that had Marvyn Roy in a very brief appearance. Three for a dollar, I couldn't go wrong.

I would love a second volume. I would love to see the old timers like Al Delage, Karrell Fox, John Moehring, Jay Marshall and George Johnstone.

I would also like to see the shows sold as they originally aired so one gets the feeling of the flow of the show. I do not like all these best of the Dean Martin, Carol Burnett etc. It just loses something with the editing.

Richard
WOW! Just received and viewed the disc. It is fantasic. This should be in every magicians must have and see material. I laughed and was in wonder on much of the material. It is a real learning DVD of material.

Richardi - what him perform his RaZor Blades from mouth!
Gali Gali - great coins across and BILL IN ORANGE!
Phoa - Watch the cut and restored silk from Tarbell the way the orginator performs it!
Kalanag - Fantastic of combining the Chair Suspension with the Floating Lady that goes 20 feet in the air!
Pavel - See some of his classics and watch that even the Pros screw up now and again!
Rene Leveand - Watch is fantastic Close-up from this Legend!
Berrie Lee - Watch the Professor Rope Trick as it should be preformed, very funny!
Tel Smit - Finally got to see his flaming finger tips! Great!
Chop Chop - This legend performed with chickens! Who knew!
Fantasio - Watch an early Fantasio before the sleeves were cut off and his Balloon to Dove Stand. No Fantasio Candles here!
Mac Ronay - The old nothing works comedy of magic.

It would not play on my DVD player but was fine on my computer. 52 minutes that will have you glued to the screne. Love it and will watch it many time. What a great DVD. Finally, I got to live long enough to see what I missed while I was working on Sunday nites.

The things I mentioned is only what I found of high interest to me, there was much more that may be of interest to others.

This is only $16.95 total cost. How could any truly interested magician pass this up, they shouldn't. Highly Recommended for everyone!!
If I am not on the Café much, the reason is because I am watching this DVD again. I like to analyaze the material for performance and presentation points. There are so many good ideas in this, which I would have seen it originally, as I know it would have effected some of presentation on certain tricks.
Come on everyone! If this proves to be a popular item for them they will produce more of these magic only Sullivan Shue Magic Acts.

Get to ordering, you will not be disappointed and we can finally have our voices heard in the general market.
I agree that the magic community should encourage the sales of the Sullivan "Amazing Stars of Magic" DVD. As I recall from the presentation that John Moehring did at an IBM convention years ago, there are a lot more "Sullivan Show" alumni whose acts deserve to be included on future releases and shared with the current and future generations of magicians world-wide.

I also ordered this set, plus I ordered the Variety act DVD as well. Because they contained Jim Carazini, the Jolly Jovers and an act I worked with in the Richiardi show: Satani Demon! The low price of these DVDs is terrific!

Best regards,
Levent
http://www.LeventMagic.com
http://www.MagicQandA.com
I ordered it as well,( although I don't think the number of magicians who order this will alter the production run significantly.) I remember seeing most of these acts on the Sullivan show and look forward to seeing how the memory compares to the reality!
[quote]
On 2010-08-09 17:58, JNeal wrote:
I ordered it as well,( although I don't think the number of magicians who order this will alter the production run significantly.) I remember seeing most of these acts on the Sullivan show and look forward to seeing how the memory compares to the reality!
[/quote]

When I was a kid we only had a black and white TV set, so it will be weird seeing some of this in color.

Levent
JNeal,
I can only hope, I have been waiting for something like this for years and years. There is roughly 5000 true magicians when you note the enrollment for SAM and IBM Societies.

Now I know 5000 is not a huge number, but just maybe some of the 44,412 members on the Café will order as well, and they cannot complain about price.

I also take into consideration that these DVD are made on a computer, and not professionally produced on disc like movie and LL Pubs DVDs. So maybe, just maybe.
I just ordered mine.
A lot of the early episodes were in Black and White. Fantasio did his second appearance (Ibelieve) doing the silk act which was specifically designed for the new color television.

Richard
I just ordered and looking forward to getting it. For Ed Sullivan fans, I found a vhs video at Dollar Tree with lots of variety acts, including some magic.
I'm getting one too. The only thing I remember from the sullivan show was the banana man and a magician doing a hoop pass around a girl who was floating in front of him. I remember the hoop pass was obvious to me as a kid. I guess that means it didn't have a gooseneck gimmick.

Jim
Thanks guy, I bet those workers at Sofa Entertainment are scratching their heads and wondering why they didn't do this earlier. Lets all show them we want this kind of product on the market and need more.

Keep the orders coming, I have faith that all of you will help magic in this way.
Speaking of the Banana Man--as I recall, there were occasionally some magicians on the Captain Kangaroo show back in the late 50's early 60's. Does anyone know of a list of magicians who appeared on that show? I remember pretty clearly someone doing the serpent silk on the Captain K show.

Bob McAllister had a lot of magicians on Wonderama as well. Bob was himself an accomplished magicians with many marketed tricks to his credit ranging from "Watch the Spot" to "Molly McBubble."

Channing Pollock
Fred Kaps
Del Ray
Johnny Hart
Viggo Jahn
John Moehring
Gustafson`s
Marvin Roy
Ade Duval
Al Koran
Jay Marshall who was 14 times there

None of them on that DVD ? I guess John Moehring can tell us why they are not included on that DVD.
Bojan, No there is only 11 acts on the DVD, complete acts. They sort of suggest if this is a success they will produce more. There is room for one more on the DVD, but it just short of one hour, 52 minutes.

This is not a all acts DVD. That is why I am hoping that more will get the DVD amd make it a success, so they will publish some of the acts you mention, full acts and in television quality.
Wonder how far back they can go. The earliest would have to be on kinescope if it's available.
Videotape began in '56. The Sullivan show started in 1948.
Thanks. I'm going to order one!
Got mine and watched it last night. Fun to see some acts I had not seen before. Going to watch it again now. :)
Got mine. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially seeing Berri Lee do Prof Cheer's. Great, great stuff. Galli Galli is a must see. The simplicity and boldness of his bill in lemon is breathtaking.
Whit, wasn't it a bold Bill in Lemon. Fun to watch, I like the part where he wiped his thumb off.

Really a learning tool for those young kids on the Café.
Anyone else catch the puddle on the table? Ha!
Yah, I hope that was not expensive top on that table. He had a cup for the orange, why didn't he have a cuting board.
[quote]
On 2010-08-15 18:28, wmhegbli wrote:
Yah, I hope that was not expensive top on that table. He had a cup for the orange, why didn't he have a cuting board.
[/quote]

Well, he already had the cup, the orange, the knife, the pencil, 4 coins, a scarf, and enough room to do the trick. Maybe he figuured that was enough! :)
It was probably not his table anyway. :)
Great lesson learned in Chop Chop's "Where Does the Chicken Go" when he tosses the first panel onto the cage and it bounces off onto the floor. This allows the "business" panel to land squarely first, and with plenty of misdirection as the assistant picks up the panel on the floor. Brilliant detail!
I enjoyed it too. Had to make a copy dvd on my computer before it would play on my dvd player. I have seen a bunch of youtube videos of other magicians on the sullivan show. I hope they make more of these.

Jim
Hi Guys:

I have a nice conversation today with the Ed Sullivan people. I told them about the market for magic videos and they were very much surprised at the jump in sales for the Magic DVD they just released. In a few days, they are expecting me to send them a list of magic acts from the Sullivan show that I think that the magic community would love to have on future DVD.

Certainly chief among the great footage would be:

Roy Benson's Billiard Ball Routine
Jay Marshall and Lefty
Gali Gali with the Cups and Balls
The Marvellos (I personally have this footage, trust me it's amazing!!!)
Richiardi with the DeKolta Chair and also his Sub Trunk routine with Sullivan assisting
Al Koran
Fred Kaps (with his old manip act with the Rabbit from Cane trick and the vanishing candelabra)
Etc., etc.

I will do my part to convince them to make another DVD. Please let your magic friends know about this wonderful bargain priced DVD, so that they will consider it worth while to make a series of these!

Best regards,
Levent
I would love to Al Delage or George Jonstone and Betty.

I remember the first convention my wife went to me was Columbus Magifest (when I still dealt there). We had our dealer rooms in our hotel rooms. It was really neat in a lot of ways.

But they had an Ed Sullivan reunion show that year. George Johnstone, Al Delage, Jay Marshall, John Shirley and Karrell Fox, all came into the room to say hi. My wife remarked "You know such neat old guys!" Yes, I did and I miss everyone of them.

Richard
I would really like to see more Fantasio.
I believe would like to see
Billy Bishop
Channing Pollock
Fred Kaps
Del Ray
John Moehring
Ade Duval
Roy Bensen
and any other manip act!!
I know the Café just love lists, but to get the ball rolling maybe all should send their request to the company.

I was thinking of doing the same thing as Levent did and contact the company, but I just thought they would say, who are you, or sure we will look into it. It is good Levent did this and maybe we can rush the production of more acts sooner, rather then later.

I hope they put more acts on a DVD, as if you look at the track on the current DVD they could have gotten one more act on it and made it an even dozen.

Any way please place your order, not for me, but for MAGIC. I have no connection with this company, because if I did I would have the full collection of all the acts. This is a perfect learning tool for you, and your famil and friends will enjoy great magic entertainment. It like seeing a varity show at a magic convention without spending hundreds of dollars.

Support MAGIC!
Hi Guys:

Basically because of my writing of the Benson book and my contributions to the vaudeville encyclopedia, I was able to present myself to the Ed Sullivan people as a magic historian and as such, I was hoping that if I could help them "curate" another disc, we could collectively have the best of the enormous Ed Sullivan archive of great magic acts in our home video libraries.

Please keep posting me act suggestions on this forum in the next few days. I will do my best to get them to make an even better second DVD. That is if the sales warrant the creation of the another disc? Please send links from the Ed Sullivan site to your magic friends. The price is extremely reasonable for what you are getting!

Best regards,
Levent
Well, it would be nice to know the names of all the acts that appeared on the Sullivan show. As I was but a child at the time and never wrote down names of performers. I do know that there was a chinese dressed magician that did the multiplying candles, that really influenced me as seeing real magic at the time.

Signor Blitz list is a great start for the next DVD. Manipulation acts I also second, but you would may know more of the names then we do.
How do these people have access to this supposedly copyrighted material? It would be great to find a catalogue of the shows and who appeared on them. I will try to call the UCLA film/tv archieve and see what they have.

Jim
James, It is hard to say, they may have made an agreement with the Ed Sullivan estate. Also copywrite material is only good for 17 years, maybe the Sullivan people forgot to re-registar the material at some point. At any rate, they are making something I have hoping for for years and I am glad it finally is made available to the public.

I seen once on television that the Carson tapes are stored in a salt mine, the salt keeps the tape from going bad.
Levent,

Let me express my gratitude that you have used your leverage to pull some strings with the producers. We will all benefit from this.

I just found in a quick search, a thread in which Todd Robbins mentioned that Bobby Baxter had also appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show.
JamesInLa:

From what I understand, if you had appeared on the show or if your family member appeared on the show they sometimes can make a tape copy of the spot available to you. For instance my old friend, the late Peter Pit got a copy of his appearance on the show. I think a lot of the footage that is in collectors hands comes from the tapes from the magicians on the show and or their families.

In any case, if by purchasing these videos, we can convince them to release more footage, then we can all have a copy in our libraries. Also, the image and sound quality of these new DVDs are FAR BETTER than any footage I have seen in a collectors library!

Best regards,
Levent
I remember Carson one night complaining about some low level NBC exec who on their own authority erased 10 years of Carson show tapes. That person I'm sure was fired immediately. Carson was in pain, you could see it. He said there were irreplaceable shows with old movie stars, etc.

Jim
John Moehring must have not gotten his when he was a young man. As it never has surfaced to my knowledge and he has never shown it at any of the conventions where they had discussion with people on the Sullivan show.

I would really like to see his version of the Long Salt Pour and his version of the Multiplying bottles on the arm finale. He also mentioned he did a repeat appearing can through out the act. Sounds interesting. Will it hold up to his discription, have to see it 1st.

[b]So come on!! All the members of the Café, list if you purchased this DVD yet, a few have but I want all 44,545 members to purchase this historical video so we can enjoy more at a fantastic low price.[/b]
I have some vhs video of John Moehring. I'll admit they were bootlegs given to me by the late Charlie Buckner. I do not know if they were from Sullivan or not. The whole tape is various manipulation acts.
Only know that John Moehring performed at the Worlds Fair in New York, and this lead to the Sullivan show appearance. Don't think he had a very long career. As like Channing Pollack, he found the oil business more profitable then magic.

So it may be the Sullivan show you have, Michael Baker.
Bill,
When you say you don't think John Moehring had a very long career, do you mean as a full-time performer? I think he has always been an important figure in the magic community. He was the editor of M-U-M from 2006-2009.

John had a much longer career has producer of theme park shows and other venues including the MGM. He also did a lot of multiple slide projector shows years ago. John is enjoying a well deserved retirement but still doing some projects.

As for his Salt Pour, Jody Baran does it every show at the Kannappli Beach Hotel in Maui. Jody is a protege of John's and still works with him.

I believe there was a Magic magazine article on the Ed Sullivan performers when John Moehring was editor.
Richard
Anatole, yes I am speaking as a full time performer career, presenting his act to the public.

Heck, I have been doing magic and have many projects for over 50 years. That does not impress anyone. Again, I will say, Magic is a performing art, it has to be seen and performed. If you are in the background, that is were it will stay.

Richard, Sorry but I have never heard of Jody Baron, or seen his/her act. Never been to Maui, and probably will not be able to do so in the future. That being said, I like to see the original person and how they presented their magic.
There is a video of Jody and Kathleen Baran at
http://www.kupanaha.com/Main/Show_and_Cast/The_Show.aspx#

Wow, what a great discovery it was to find this topic.
Thanks for all you've done Levent, it's great to know they're taking you into account for releasing new material.
As you may already know I'm totally into Benson material, specially never-seen stuff like the Billiards Routine.

I'm also interested in Kaps, Pollock, Tomsoni. Great masters of magic that in the end, Levent, me and everyone here know. First DVD is a great advance, and instead of whining if the collection of magicians are my preference, I'm glad they even thought of starting releasing the material in the first place!
As Levent said, if this goes well, we can expect a second one with our favourites... Benson Billiard Routine would make my day (and month and year, surely :))

Antonio
Did Benson do his billiard balls on the Sullivan show?

Jim
God, I hope so. I too am anxious to see the billiard routine performed by the master. All we have of him is the short segment of him doing the Chinese Sticks and Salt Pour on youtube which I love. Would like to see more of him.
No idea who it was, or what show it was, but I remember as a kid seeing someone on tv doing billiard balls. I was very intrigued seeing the balls seemingly pass through the body at waist level from hand to hand. This had to be in the 1960's.
Hi Guys:

I just have a moment before I step out to attend a concert (Donald Fagen, Michael McDonald, & Boz Scaggs), so I will be brief.

Yes, Benson did the billiards on Sullivan and I will try very hard to get them to put it on a future DVD.

I must go...
Levent
GREAT NEWS!

Jim
Idea:

Wouldn't it be great to have a Magic Café iPhone app?
I'm no developer in apps, but it would be nice.
Just popped in my head seeing Levent posting and taking the time to enter the Café. It would be much easier, right? hehe

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you Levent! Hope they release it soon!

Later,

Antonio
How many of you have ever seen Viggo Jahn performing ? I would buy Sullivan's DVD even if Viggo was the only act on it.
Did Cardini ever do sullivan? I found an HD youtube of his act from stars of magic in 1957. It's very clear, but it is so frustrating that he doesn't do the billiard balls. Great act of course.

Jim
Bojanbarisic:

I saw Viggo Jahn work at the Tannen's Jubilee convention in upstate New York about 30 years ago. I remember in the act he had a piece of white paper with a picture of black gloves on it. He torn up the paper and changed them into a pair of real black gloves, which he then wore on his hands. Also I remember he had a black cane with a big white knob on it. He removed the knob and did a multiplying thimble routine with the white knobs, whilst wearing black gloves.

JamesInLA:

Cardini did not do the Sullivan show. It's a shame that there is no video of him doing the whole ball routine. If there was a film of it I wouldn't of had to spend months trying to re-create it! Here's something else to consider, there is also no film of Cardini doing his entire card fanning routine! Yikes!

Best regards,
Levent
Levent,
You mean the Starts of Magic performance did not respresent Cardini's full card routine that he normally did?!

Re: above, that is a great way to motivate a thimble routine!

Jim
According to the International Movie Datbase at
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0689639/
Channing Pollock made three appearances on the Ed Sullivan Show/Toast of the Town:
"The Ed Sullivan Show" ... (3 episodes, 1954-1960)
... aka "Toast of the Town" - USA (original title)
- Episode #13.40 (1960) TV episode .... Magician
- Episode #13.13 (1959) TV episode .... Himself - Magician
- Episode #7.26 (1954) TV episode .... Himself

Does anyone know which one of the three above appearances is the one on Youtube. I would guess it would be the 1954 appearance.

Levent, it would be great if you could preview the three appearances listed above for the SOFA folks and recommend the best one for preservation on a DVD. I would hope they would NOT choose the one with a "slight mistake" at the end of the act.

And if anyone has connections with other variety shows--like Hollywood Palace and International Showtime--it would be great if the producers of those shows (or whoever currently holds the rights) would put together a DVD collection of magic performances. Channing Pollock's twin sawing is already available on a Hollywood Palace tape, but he also did his manipulation/dove act on that show, also. Silvan also appeared on the Hollywood Palace.

Silvan appeared on Hollywood Palace on 4 January 1964 (Season 1, Episode 1). That would be a great clip to preserve on DVD, since it is apparently the first episode and has Bing Crosby, Bob Newhart, Mickey Rooney...

Also at the IMDB at
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1308443/fullcredits#cast
is a 1961 episode of International Showtime called "The World's Greatest Magicians." It does not list the performers, but I clipped the review in the October 1961 issue of GENII and the performers are: Jack Olton from France(with zombie; the first time I saw the trick performed--and of course it fooled me); Cristes & Co from Spain with the vanishing radio, guillotine, pickpocket routine; Kalanag from Germany with his levitation and the disembodied princess; Samson from Italy ; Paul Aarland with aerial fishing; Carlo Tornedo with doves, card manipulation, and the doll house illusion.

Jackie Gleason also devoted one complete appearance of his TV show to magic. I don't remember much about that show except that Milbourne Christopher performed Asrah, and though I had read about Asrah, that was the first time I saw it performed.

What a great amount of research, we appreciate it! I never know Channing Pollock performed illusions, as it was reported that he did most of his performing in Europe with his dove act. Great new information for me to note.

I doubt that there will be more then one showing of any of the performers, if at all they do any more videos. I emailed them for more information on the next offering, and I guess they do not read english, as they said yes you can buy it here, and gave me the site address of the same current DVD available. So much for this place knowing what they are doing. It is not good when companies are run by brainless people.

We can only hope and wait to see they have a small market available, and being they are making them on a computer, their cost are already cut to the bone. They should thing even small profits are still profits.
Channing Pollocked toured for a while with the Liberace show. There was an episode of "The Mike Douglas Show" that had Liberace as a cohost. Channing Pollock did not only his classic dove/card act, but also "The Interlocked Card Production." In fact, in the 60's (or possibly late 50's), Kanter's Magic of Philadelphia published a monograph on the Interlocked Card Production that included, I think, three different methods. The one most of us are familiar with was attributed to Channing Pollock. One of the other methods was Cliff Green's interlocked card production, which was published in his book _Professional Card Magic_. Years ago I saw a videoclip (transferred I think from 8mm or 16mm film) of Cliff Green performing his routine, and it had some interesting aspects to it that set it apart from the method used by most magicians today.

Speaking of Kanter's--I wonder who owns the rights to the Kanter stuff like the monograph I mention above.

Don't hold it as gospel, but I think it may be held by Magic Inc., they did publish I think one of there little booklets.

The late Jay Marshall had all the publications in his collections. He was kind enough to send me a copy of one of them years ago, when I was researching torn and restored magazines. His book collection is now probably divided up all over the world by now.

Now that would be something, if someone would put all those little booklets into one volume. There was a lot of good idea and tricks in those publications.

I do believe Pollock and Nielson use the Ten Kai version of the interlocked card production. It is in his hard bound book.
I thought originally that Pollock and Nielsen learned it from the Chavez course because I included in my routine as well. But, I looked on my Chavez notes and do not see it in it. I guess I liked it so much when I saw Silvan do it on television years ago, that I just included it in my card manipulation act.
It was not in the Chavez course. It was not theirs to teach. Remember this was a time when magic and methods were honored and only were passed to other performers by the originator.

I took the Chavez course to learn many of these secrets that were not published anywhere else at the time.
Speaking of magic specials on television... I'm pretty sure that I remember reading in one of the magic magazines several years ago that Channing Pollock appeared on a Canadian TV series produced by Peter Pit. His assistant for that appearance was neither Naomi nor Jozy. I think his assistant for that TV special was the sister of one of the West Coast magicians who frequented the Magic Castle. As I recall, she did a fabulous job.

Having brought up the Peter Pit TV series... Does anyone know who else appeared on that series besides Channing Pollock? Do you think it would be possible to get a collection of _that_ series released on DVD?

I think Peter Pit also appeared on one of the HBO magic specials. HBO did a series of magic specials that would also be great to see released on DVD.

Hi Sonny:

Thanks for the research.

I think that the version of the interlock taught in the 1988 book "The Inter-Lock with Cards & Coins" by Earl Ray Wilcox, looks to my eyes to be close to the version that magicians like Nielsen used.

The TV show that Peter Pit hosted might have been called "Watch Closely". In the audience reaction shot you can see a very young Doug Henning applauding. Also the assistant that Channing used was the teenage sister of MAGIC Magazine publisher Stan Allen, I met her once at a convention, she is a very nice lady, and I think her name is Connie.

Best regards,
Levent
[quote]
On 2010-08-27 16:15, JamesinLA wrote:
Levent,
You mean the Starts of Magic performance did not respresent Cardini's full card routine that he normally did?!

Re: above, that is a great way to motivate a thimble routine!

Jim
[/quote]

Yes, the film that we have is not the full card routine. The card routine that Cardini did with the Fanning deck was more extensive, than what was shown on the Festival of Magic telecast.

The problem with using such a large object such as the cane knob is that it makes so many of the best thimble moves impossible to do well. I felt the same way when I saw Tonny Van Dommelen do the Thimble routine with the large dice.

Best regards,
Levent
[quote]
On 2010-08-28 04:51, Anatole wrote:
Speaking of magic specials on television... I'm pretty sure that I remember reading in one of the magic magazines several years ago that Channing Pollock appeared on a Canadian TV series produced by Peter Pit. His assistant for that appearance was neither Naomi nor Jozy. I think his assistant for that TV special was the sister of one of the West Coast magicians who frequented the Magic Castle. As I recall, she did a fabulous job.

Having brought up the Peter Pit TV series... Does anyone know who else appeared on that series besides Channing Pollock? Do you think it would be possible to get a collection of _that_ series released on DVD?

I think Peter Pit also appeared on one of the HBO magic specials. HBO did a series of magic specials that would also be great to see released on DVD.

I think you are referring to a 'Magic Week" of five episodes taped at 'The Cave'...a famous nitery in Vancouver. Peter was the co-host for the week for this ongoing variety show. The girl who was assisting Channning might have been Connie Sokulski (sp) who would have been the sister of Stan Allen!

Other performers that week included Glenn Falkenstein and Don Keller...both no longer with us .

JNeal
Since it was previously requested, I'll report that I have just purchased this dvd, and look forward to receiving it in the mail.

Cheers!
Matt M.
SOFA has a 7 DVD Classic Rock set, to bad we can't convince them to do the same with magicians.

And yes, I made an order.

JerryB
How about Carazini?

Als0 Dr Spencer Thornton, mentalist and magician, was on Sullivan several times.