(Close Window)
Topic: What are the best DVDs for Balloon Sculpting?
Hi.

I'm at TJam with Robbie Furman and Andy (Mac-Pump guy). I got their dvds and I love their creations. I am looking to buy some more balloon twisting dvds and was wondering what you guys might recommend or have available?

Thanks! I just started doing balloons 2 months ago.
Twisted Critters and anything by Don Caldwell will definitely sell your next gig!
It depends on what you want to do. Are you looking to go big and produce balloon works of art, or are you working restaurants and line work where you want to ballance cool balloons with speed. If you are looking to make cool looking balloons that you can make fast then Bad to the Balloon I and II are great dvds.
Message: Posted by: Bad to the Balloon (Aug 4, 2010 04:22PM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-04 11:56, montymagi wrote:
It depends on what you want to do. Are you looking to go big and produce balloon works of art, or are you working restaurants and line work where you want to ballance cool balloons with speed. If you are looking to make cool looking balloons that you can make fast then Bad to the Balloon I and II are great dvds.
[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself.....

Buy direct from the artist!!
I will second Bad to the Balloon I and II and I will also second Don Caldwell's work. They are both great However Don's stuff takes a bit longer to make.
Balloongineering by Royal Sorrell and Patty Sorrell is an incredible, thorough, foundational set of DVDs that I believe you can find at hocus-pocus.com. All the previous mentions are all great. Dave Bartlett aka Mr. Rainbow is also fantastic.
For the super fast stuff! Best one ballon creations I have seen is the one Jack just came out with called "One Ballooners."
Do you have a link for the "One Ballooners"?
I think you need to email Jack direct. I did the other day, and I still haven't heard anything from him. I am anxious to get it though, as I have a huge function coming up. Jack's a great guy, and I got to meet him at T&S 2010. Talented, yet very unassuming - like 99.99% of the people I've met in this field.
Hi Folks! Jack Mattson here. I'd like to thank Steve Yarosko for tipping me to these posts. Jack's One-Ballooners can be purchased via paypal or any other method of payment you would like. This dvd is for the balloon artist looking to have something simple but different in their repertoire. Please email me at jackmagic1@balloonhq.com for pricing since Im not sure if prices are supposed to be discussed here. If you don't get a reply that day the email has gone to a land I have still yet to discover. I wish I knew why they do that but I haven't figured it out yet:) Sorry about that for anyone contacting me without a response. Please email me again or reach me on facebook at "Jack Qualatex." I'm not ignoring ya! ;) Thanks again Steve! Take care all.
Jack
[quote]
On 2010-08-06 18:08, jackmagic1 wrote:
Hi Folks! Jack Mattson here. I'd like to thank Steve Yarosko for tipping me to these posts. Jack's One-Ballooners can be purchased via paypal or any other method of payment you would like. This dvd is for the balloon artist looking to have something simple but different in their repertoire. Please email me at jackmagic1@balloonhq.com for pricing since Im not sure if prices are supposed to be discussed here. If you don't get a reply that day the email has gone to a land I have still yet to discover. I wish I knew why they do that but I haven't figured it out yet:) Sorry about that for anyone contacting me without a response. Please email me again or reach me on facebook at "Jack Qualatex." I'm not ignoring ya! ;) Thanks again Steve! Take care all.
Jack
[/quote]

Jack is in the top 10 of worlds best balloon artists go on balloonhq and look him up. His stuff will have you scratching your head and thinking WOW!!!
I am in search of some bigger balloon ideas using 646q with 260s, magicwalsh@gmail.com thanks.