(Close Window)
Topic: Color Match--New from Craig Filicetti
Craig as we know being one of, if not the best electronic guru's of our time has once again, raised the bar. He has the irreplaceable Multi Dimensional with many cubes to meet everyones needs and desires. He has also provided us Proximity which IMO is one of, if not the best method for the famous "which hand" effect. All of his effects utilize the best receiver on the market which is universal between all of his products...perfectly small in size as well!!

Now onto his newest creation! It is called Color Match and in my opinion is his most versatile and powerful product to date! What you'll receive are 5 Crayola markers that each have one of his newest tags.

The new tags are different from Proximity's tags in that you can just toss the pens in a cup and you're ready to go, which I love!
There's sooooooo many possible routines for these pens, your imagination is the limit. You can do drawing dupes, a Clue effect, which hand/person effect, etc...You can also remove the tags and place them in other items for other effects as well!

Here are some of the routines that will come with Color Match, with many more to come!!

Perfect Kurotsuke
ESP Match Up
Predicted Graphology
Seeing With Your Finger Tips
Stage ESP MATCH UP
Spot the Difference?
Chair Test
“Thank You And Goodnight!”
“Thank You And Goodnight” Subtlety
Pseudo Psychometry
Remote Viewing
Coloring In
Thought Chunneling
Spectator as Mind Reader
Color Match

From what I hear, the tags will also be compatible with Promystic's Impossible Insight as well!! Very nice bonus! So this is basically just the tip of the iceberg on what Color Match will do. As more information is released and people start to receive these, I expect nothing but praise and exaltation of Craig's genius mind!

Keep your eyes open on http://www.promystic.com/shop/ for soon to come updates on this, Craig will let everyone know when they can order this asap!

Take care,

Richard
Richard,

Thanks for the review and I am glad you like it. This will be a great way to add some texture to your performances. If anyone is wondering about the name, it is with my great respect to Tony Anverdi.

Now, here is just one of the possible performances. I really love this one. Thanks to Blake Adams for contributing such great ideas to this project. This routine and a close-up/table hopping version comes with Color Match. And, just in case you think misses are weak and should not be used, check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/user/blakeadamsmindmagic#p/a/u/0/Hb6qk3qwZF8

More info coming later.
-Craig
Great clip!

Very excited about this, I'm glad it's finally being released. The ProMystic ColorMatch eBook is chock full of great ideas from Colin Mcleod and Blake Adams. It really is amazing what you can do with this thing.

This will be another winner. :bigdance:
Where's the paypal button?

Kam
[quote]
On 2010-08-06 01:38, kambiz wrote:

Kam
[/quote]

it's not up yet, but coming VERY soon
Can not wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[quote]
On 2010-08-06 08:04, lunatik wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-06 01:38, kambiz wrote:

Kam
[/quote]

it's not up yet, but coming VERY soon
[/quote]

Haha...I can see that Richard...Craig...let's get the music started...Luke has been driving me bananas with PENS (he has been a very loyal secret keeper for you...he wouldn't let me know a squeek even after stealing is bedtime comfort pillow)

Kam
Kam, did you and Luke have a midnite pillow fight after that? Hehe
Richard, we just held each other all night

...until our wives came in and ruined everything...lol

So any dates? (not the romatic ones, the PENS ones)

Kam
Can't wait for this, Craig's stuff is awesome!
First watching of the clip and I was blown away..

Second watching the method fell into place and I felt a huge 'that's genius' smile creep across my face.

Fantastic work, me and more importantly my audience is gonna have immense fun with this!!

Quick question Craig

When do you expect this this to ship?
Refreshing ProMystic page every five minutes hoping to see the PayPal button. Just put it up already! :)
From what I've heard, it should be live by the end of the month. Craig will be on to give us more specifics!
Proximity, MD, red handed, and soon with color match my whole act will be from promystic lol
Excited about the price!
kiki
The webpage should be up this Friday (Australia time) so start refreshing from late Thursday night onwards and you should become the "Chosen One"

Kam
I'm curious, the misses on the clip...were they intentional? Thanks for the clarification!

Regards,
Mike
Mike,

I am glad you asked. As most of you know I undersell my stuff. Everything I spec is conservative and I make no promises that I or my equipment can't deliver, in fact it typically exceeds expectations. So, I had no problem putting this video up. The miss was not intentional. There are issues that can be handled by equipment and others that can be handled by spectator management. I hate when everything is blamed on spectator management, this type of error handling can be managed in software if you can anticipate it. That is why real testing is so important. With the first version of CM you could not even do this effect with reliability and I thank Blake for all his hard work on helping iron it out. I made adjustments to the software to help in this situation and Blake made improvements to his handling, he has not had a problem since. Blake is writing up this in the routine and it is clearly explained how to avoid it. If this would happen even 10% of the time I would scrap the method. Blake and Colin are now at 100% and so am I with it.

Here is another video of me doing it. I did not use the kicker ending and changed the patter.

I have to tell you that I really look forward to performing this effect. It is now my favorite effect, and mostly because it is so easy to set up and use, and the response is fantastic. I should also mention that quite a few noteworthy people have already contacted Blake to get is permission for using this routine. Blake, thanks for giving so much to this project.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH-iJaNlY2A

Thanks for all your comments guys, will be shipping before the end of this month. Web page in a few days.
-Craig

PS - the strength of intentional mistakes is often discussed here, I think this is informative proof of how powerful it can be.
Until now, I thought the misses were intentional lol. In my opinion, a miss or 2 can actually make the effect stronger and more believable, but nothing wrong with getting everything right either :P
I see that the Color Match site is up :) However, the site says that the product will be "available AGAIN on: 23.10.2010". I thought Craig said it would ship before the end of this month? Or was it already sold out?! Please don't tell me that I was late and now they are all gone!

-Aleksi Hietanen
HI Aleksi,

You did not miss a thing, that is just he way the site works. I will be shipping the first batch on Aug. 23rd :) Just get on the 'notify me' list and when I put inventory in stock you will get an email for payment. I am going to start accepting payments later this weekend for shipment on the 23rd.

Thanks,
-Craig
What a relief. Thanks, I'll sign myself to the notify-list :) Can't wait to get this!
I never subscribe to the theory of a miss can make the effect stronger, I believe the people who believe this are the same ones who don't like the too perfect scenario either. I firmly believe you should hit an effect 100% spot on whenever possible and if an effect can be perfect then all the better, in my opinion.
This is going to be KILLER...
[quote]
On 2010-08-14 11:03, nanaswan wrote:
I never subscribe to the theory of a miss can make the effect stronger, I believe the people who believe this are the same ones who don't like the too perfect scenario either. I firmly believe you should hit an effect 100% spot on whenever possible and if an effect can be perfect then all the better, in my opinion.
[/quote]

You might find this thread interesting (if you haven't already read it, of course):

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=372213&forum=15&77
So wait, I'm confused, is this what was being called PENS or is that something else?
Yes, this was called PENS and is now called Color Match or CM.

To make it even more confusing, CM is also able to be programmed as II, as a separate effect. So, CM and II are now combined as one product. When you buy CM, you also get II. You can program the system for the effect you want to do. CM works with both V2 and V4 receivers, but to perform II you must have a V4 receiver.

Thanks,
-Craig
Colin Mcleod's effect "Thank you and goodnight" in the eBook that accompanies Color Match is absolutely brilliant. Definitely my favourite routine AND a great closer!
Hmm...after watching the videos, I'm wondering how this might play out with Colin's 'Mind Trip' from PS3? After figuring out how CM is accomplished, I can see cycling through the colors twice during the Mind Trip visualization as potentially working out beautifully with a little fine tuning. Mind Trip has nine revelations so you'd just need to add one more to the mix, potentially force the first color, and maybe change out a couple of the parts.
You could also use this with Paul Carnazzo's Animania card. Color Match would allow you to do a very clean drawing duplication where your drawing would match the animal and colors the spectator used.
That latest video on the website with the business cards is sick! Craig, you are the Master!

gibby
I agree Gibby, it's really awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_76OGTTWZ4
...all I can say is ...WOW...

craig has outdone himself on this one...

J
He is a flipping genius!

Every time I sit down and play with them, I come up with more and more and more... ideas!

They are Promystic's most versatile prop and I genuinely believe everyone who buys them now will be well impressed!

Col.
There is more about Color Match here...
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=377416&forum=109