(Close Window)
Topic: Mental Killer By Max Krause
I was just witness to the latest brainchild from Max Krause. Mental Killer. Guys, I have never seen an effect using this technology that not only completely fries the audience, but is so cleverly hidden that they will swear that what they saw was real! I wish I could tell you more about what it does but suffice it to say the final result is devastating! If you want to know more or see a live demo of it contact Max. He can show it to you via Skype or Ichat. You will not be disappointed. I will be first in line to purchase.
I PMed him already! Can't wait.

Regards,
Mike
Agreed, this effect is KILLER indeed! Amazing! Fooled the #*#$ out of me.

Great work. Add him on skype/iChat and watch it! It will fool the @*$ out of you too, 100% guaranteed.
Totally agreed. Max showed me this effect over Skype, and it's totally brilliant. This is one of those effects that magicians will want to keep for themselves and wish that nobody else had it!

Kevin
Max has done it again cant wait till he releases it to I can get it. you gotta skype him to see it killer
WOW all I can say is WOW very nice my name is top on the list, I want it I want it.

Did I say I WANT IT... Give it too me Max...

Floyd
I just got off Skype with Max.

He showed me Mental Killer, and I was begging him to release it now.

jejejeejejejej

very killer effect indeed.

I predict everyone will love this MENTAL KILLER!!

You will use this.

Alex
I have no Skype!

What is the effect ?
Neither do I - can anybody help with more detail?

Stefan
Just had Max demo this for me - killer, and it's way too cheap! No, really, it's way too cheap - best trick dollar for dollar that you may ever buy. If you want to know what the effect is, you'll have to contact Max and see for yourself. Max will perform the trick for you live via Skype or iChat, but you'll want it once you see it. You can sign up for Skype for free if you don't have iChat. Great job Max!
Stop reading and SKYPE MAX NOW!!

I've just witnessed MIND KILLER and it is phenomenal!

I won't say what is it because it is one of those things you have to experience to understand how killer this is. It ticks all the boxes.

1. Simple & uncomplicated plot
2. Super simple method
3. Killer experience

And then Max DID IT A SECOND TIME for me.

Brilliant stuff Max, brilliant

(hate the hype thing so just to note, I've never spoken, skyped or met Max before)
Saw it performed via skype! hmmmmmmmmm.......?
I put it on my list!
kiki
The real nice thing about this effect, like I told Max on video chat is that you can use it as a stand alone piece, or incorporate it into a bigger routine. I love flexibility in effects and this one has many possibility's.

Lets go Max time to release your beast on the magic community.

PS. My wife was watching over my shoulder while max was demoing it, she said "OH MY NO HE DIDENT" Max thought I had a quick change into a woman for a moment. hehe,,,, Love it!!
Anybody know the price this is set at?
Sound crazy !
When will this be available? At what price?

I don't have skype nor Ichat, so I guess I just have to wait :)

Nicolas
PS. My wife was watching over my shoulder while max was demoing it, she said "OH MY NO HE DIDENT" Max thought I had a quick change into a woman for a moment. hehe,,,, Love it!!
[/quote]

:D
WOW, must be great. So many do not have access so a brief description would be appreciated.
Sounds like not telling what it is , is also part of the marketing.

So I will skype... sorry skip.
Max was kind enough to show this via skype(www.skype.com)to my wife and me. Needless to say, my wife and I both liked it.

My wife's response was much like KiKi's wife.

Thank you for the show Max!
For those who don't have skype......

just go to skype.com and download it, and add Max Krause.

He is an extremely nice and generous person and is happy to show you the effect.

Cant say too much about it, but it will be worth the wait.

Thanks Max.

Alex
My computer was busy burning DVDs so Max was kind enough to drive 1900 miles [home] to show me. He told me about this when he was in Minnesota lecturing. Jean-Luc.R, I think you are too far away, but I am sure the weather is much nicer where you are!

I can tell you this, but don't let this lead to a watershed of more information to be shared, meaning this is all that can be discussed please.

it is under $50, anyone can do it, and it is completely self contained. There is no force involved, 100% free choice and you will be 100% accurate.

I will say this, I evaluated it from a technical standpoint and it is very good. There are details and convincers of it that may not come over Skype very well. I believe you will find it to be even better in person.

Best,
Craig
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 11:01, algebraic wrote:
Max was kind enough to show this via skype(www.skype.com)to my wife and me. Needless to say, my wife and I both liked it.

My wife's response was much like KiKi's wife.

Thank you for the show Max!
[/quote]

no. it was ´ace of harts´s wife, not mine. I just quoted his comment with a smiley!
;)

kiki
Well Max what a KILLER routine. Really had me fooled. Fantastic well done Max AGAIN !!!!
Sorry, my mistake.
I think this will be a huge hit. With the help of technology Max has made an old premise much cleaner and much more practical. Can't wait for him to release it already.
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 11:58, BMWGuy wrote:
For those who don't have skype......

just go to skype.com and download it, and add Max Krause.

He is an extremely nice and generous person and is happy to show you the effect.

Cant say too much about it, but it will be worth the wait.

Thanks Max.

Alex
[/quote]

Will it work on Windows 95 BMW Guy? :cool:
Max was kind enough to show this to me last night. Two words come to mind:

KILLER and CLEAN.

It really doesn't get stronger, cleaner, simpler, or more real than this. All of the carefully-crafted subtleties and detail work that went into it make it one of THE most genuine-feeling magic experiences out there.

As soon as you see it, you'll want it (and you'll DEFINITELY be using it). It's just that good.
So this isn't just a Skype effect?
No, this is something you do live, anywhere you like. Max is just demoing it over Skype because having it performed in front of your eyes is more impactful than reading a description

Kevin
How about a video demo? :)
Just had a demo done for me over Skype, My reaction.. "Holy ****". This is really something you cannot have just read to you in a description. Add Max on skype

his email

max@maxkrause.com

It's very fair, clean, and direct.

What a beautiful effect.
Just got off Skype with Max...and I will say that it makes him look much shorter than in real life - then again, that just might be my monitor.

As for the effect - Bravo! Very clean, very 'oomph!'

e
Just got off Skype with Max as well...
What can I say? First of all, Max is such a nice guy and his effect is great!!
Super clean!
I can't wait for this release.
Bests,
Titanas
Quote from my chat session with max...

[2:45:11 PM] Jeff Richards: LOL
[2:45:13 PM] Jeff Richards: GTFO
[2:45:16 PM] Jeff Richards: wow!!!!

Well done Max...

Quality as usual...

J
I believe that Mental Killer is the best effect of it's kind. It makes perfect sense.
Max has done it again.

Ran Pink
Ok sounds like a running gag now...
No gag...
Max showed me this effect over Skype. Simply: B-R-A-V-O, Max!!!!!
Just had this done for me......its a great feeling to be fooled! This is something you really have to see to understand it.Thanks Max.

-Brian
Is a microphone needed? probably so, but just asking as I don't have one.

Posted: Aug 24, 2010 10:31pm
Microphone not needed wow is all I can say. Max has REALLY outdone himself with this one! So much time and thought has gone into this, everyone is in for a treat!!
No microphone. No accomplice. Anytime. Anywhere. There's nothing I hate more than pre-release bs hype. But I promise you this is the real deal. This is *** near perfect and something I just I can't wait to get my hands on. So many possibilities. Innocent questions seem to quickly escalate to an unfair game of let me discern the method. So please contact Max directly if you have any questions. I'm sure he'd be happy to answer them. Bravo Max. Simply brilliant.
Patt and Craig thumbs up, it must be good. :cool:
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 19:15, Jean-Luc.R. wrote:
Ok sounds like a running gag now...
[/quote]
This effect is amazing!!! Really Can´t wait for it, I can´t stop thinking how he did it.
The search for the grail may be finished.
[quote]
On 2010-08-24 22:51, Platt wrote:
Innocent questions seem to quickly escalate to an unfair game of let me discern the method.
[/quote]

I only want to discern the [b]effect[/b] !!
Very nice trick indeed. And Max is a very sympathetic person to speak with. Great!
Jonathan.

PS: Reading this thread, I was thinking of a joke, a gag or something. But no, he was really over there, showing me his creation.
I shall have to ask Max to share it with me over video chat tonight. I can't get him to budge on what the plot or type of effect this is :P Ha ha.
Okay, I have to add to this undying thread to say that the name says it all...Mental Killer. Max just showed this to me on Skype and it killed me. I had to go get another cup of coffee to make sure my brain was still awake. Totally awesome and I like the idea that it can be done literally anywhere in any venue, close-up or stage.

Great job, Max. And the pro version sounds like it will be a Super Killer.
Are there any props involved?
No writing, cards, pens. You have to skype max to find out for yourself.
Do I need a webcam/mic to skype?
No, you can download skype, add max, and just chat with him. Max has a cam and you just click the text option at the bottom-ish so you can type to him
Allright I added him. Now I'll have to wait for an acceptation.

*Still thinks it's a joke :P
[quote]
On 2010-08-25 16:01, Steven70s wrote:
Allright I added him. Now I'll have to wait for an acceptation.

*Still thinks it's a joke :P
[/quote]Not a joke my friend
Ok what about a demo.

he must working day and night on skype !!!!
Max is on to something here with his Skype demos, not only do you get to see the product live, you also know there are no camera tricks no editing and you can ask him questions. For the little time it takes to download Skype to your computer and ask him to demo is well worth it. Think about it,, how many of the internet dealers out there are willing to put the time into making sure you see the real deal live from the comforts of your own home.

I am happy Max has opened this up to everyone, for the longest time it was only his close friends and loyal customers he would do such things for. Take advantage of it guys... Check it out..

Go get Skype and link up with Max.
You will be happy you did.
Just got off of Skype with Max.... I have no idea how he did it! It is VERY VERY clean. I am deff. getting this when it comes out. VERY strong! Max is also a really nice guy to talk to!

Mike
I'm interested but wonder why it's only available by skype. Is this some kind of promo to gain subscribers for skype?
I tried about a dozen times throughout the day and evening (about two minutes ago) to get through to Max using Skype with no luck.

Michael
Why will no-one describe the effect? Not the method - just the bleeping effect.
I give up.
Please remember that Max is only human and does have other things going on in his life. I'm sure if anybody wants to email Max to schedule Skype time he'll happily oblige, but he certainly can't be on there 24/7. 

Also, the reason that nobody is describing the effect is out of respect for Max. This isn't out yet, and this way people get the full impact of going in "fresh", which I think makes it that much stronger. 

I can't think of anyone else who gives personalized, private demos like this. Skype buddy lists are just that, not a way to build up a mailing list or anything. There's nothing sneaky going on, just a way for a creator to control the experience people have when experiencing his effect for the first time. 

I get that it's not as convenient for some as a normal video or description would be. When this hits the market, I'm sure plenty of info will surface. In the meantime it is what it is. But it's worth Skyping with Max to see it if you have the time to catch him.

Kevin
As an update, Max was kind enough to send me a PM and apologized but that he is in fact busy right now and that I can try later.

Michael

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 11:44pm
I just was able to get in contact with Max at Skype and saw the effect. Teh funny thing is that I could not contact Max through Skype because I was calling the wrong Max. I must have ****ed off some guy also named max asking him repeatedly to please show me his Killer Mentalism effect.

Anyway, it is an incredible and totally commercial effect. I was in total awe. I am very impressed with the effect. It is going to be a real winner. If you can contact (the right) Max, it is worth the wait to see it performed live. Great job, Max! Thank you for taking the time to show it to me.

Michael
Just watched Max perform this and it is really outstanding! People I know are gonna love this. I am always asked if I have any new close-up effects by people and I could do some pretty decent new effects because I have so many. But I want to do only the stuff that hit's em really hard, not just the ok or even decently deceptive effects and Mental Killer will definitely be one that I perform. Supposed to be out sometime next month. Won't say what the effect is simply because Max has asked that whoever watches him perform it, not to tell what it is. And I know a lot of you are upset about that, but I learned the importance of marals in magic long ago. And since I was asked not to tell, that's good enough for me. After all, Max is the creator of the effect and he is the one who asked.
You will find that there is so much respect for you if you uphold the morals of magic and also a lot more is shared with you which normally wouldn't be also.
But Max is willing to share with anyone who will Skype him which I think is great. Congratulations Max on such an outstanding effect which should be priced much higher than $50 in my opinion.
[quote]
On 2010-08-25 23:44, magicinsight wrote:
I just was able to get in contact with Max at Skype and saw the effect. Teh funny thing is that I could not contact Max through Skype because I was calling the wrong Max. I must have ****ed off some guy also named max asking him repeatedly to please show me his Killer Mentalism effect.

[/quote]

I have the same problem here. Couls anyone pm me his correct skype name?
Even with the time difference from Holland I got hold of Max within 1 minute.
Nice guy.

This is NOT!!!!!! some Skype scam. It's NOT!!! a joke.

There is an effect.
Max performed it for me.

The only problem I see, is too many people doing it.

Get Skype (it's free and quite useful)
Get hold of Max
Get in line for the release

steve
[quote]
On 2010-08-26 01:54, arrow23 wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-25 23:44, magicinsight wrote:

[/quote]

I sent you a PM

I have the same problem here. Couls anyone pm me his correct skype name?
[/quote]
Set up skype and made the call. Max showed me the effect and while not the holy grail , it is good. I'd like to check it out some more with regard to it's various uses, but it certainly is intriguing. Looking forward to its release.
I loved it ... I wonder what it would take for it to be the holy grail? Maybe if Max walked on water when he performed it? Would that make it Holy?
I just got off skype with Max. He really is a nice guy like everyone said. The effect really fooled me and I cannot stop thinking about it 30 minutes later. Also with Maxs permission, his skype name is "sleightofhand1971".
After all this hype I'm quite certain that I will be disappointed :D But added Max to Skype and looking forward to seeing the effect performed :)
Thanks arrow23 for the username for Max.
Just got off skype and this is by far the most advanced and deceptive version of this type of effect that is out there.

Im amazed at the thought and work that has been put into Mental Killer.

S
Max have just now showed me this, and as all others, all I can say is that is really really clean and amazing, it's really direct :D

great work Max!
I finally downloaded Skype, contected max and was fooled like all the others :)

I completely understand why there won't be a demo or an effect description, because you can only really appreciate the effect if you see it performed live and you really feel like an audience member witnessing it for the first time. So I will keep silent as well.

Very baffling indeed - I am happy max also intends to release a German version!

Stefan
Max just demo'd this for me .... WOW x 100

- Steve
Great effect by Max and he has really raised the bar from the usual standard web demo. I want anyone who wants to sell me something now to demo it like Max-what a great experience.

Luke
This was a really cool trick. Clever idea.
Very cool!
I would like to add one more thing to what I was shown by Max! Mental Killer is very deceptive and the best part is you can do it anywhere anytime and anyplace! Max has raised the bar!
Very clever and direct. Without tipping anything, after talking to Max I learned the effect will be more accessible than I initially thought, so I'm happy about that as well.
Have I missed something?......what actually is the effect?......would someone be kind enough to describe the effect or plot please....
Nope, not a soul will tip it ;) Just get in contact with Max, he will be more than happy to show it to you over video chat (along with most of his other releases).
Doctor .... trust me it's better seen than read :)
Yesterday Max performed it for me too, and it indeed is a very clever piece of work :) At least you should add Max to Skype and see it performed - This way you will see exactly what the effect is.
This is a amazing effect that will make the spectators go "WOW"

Just like I did :)
Just Skyped with Max... very cool effect! If you haven't done it yet, do it! Within one minute of adding him on Skype, he was performing it for me.
I just witness real magic, I was blown away by this amazing effect, Max your amazing.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Aug 28, 2010 01:28AM)
[quote]
On 2010-08-28 01:49, jasanchez wrote:
I just witness real magic, I was blown away by this amazing effect, Max your amazing.
[/quote]

SO this is really a magic trick and not mentalism? Since the name is Mental Killer I thought that it may be for mentalists.

Ray
Its for whoever you want to show it to. It's for people to enjoy and be blown away.. At a moments notice
[quote]
On 2010-08-28 02:28, Magical Dimensions wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-08-28 01:49, jasanchez wrote:
[/quote]

SO this is really a magic trick and not mentalism? Since the name is Mental Killer I thought that it may be for mentalists.

Ray
[/quote]

Well, it is a magic trick that uses mentalism :)
Max just demonstrate Mental Killer for me.
It is very impressive.
Looking forward for this to be released.
Nice job, Max.

Bin
I don't own any of Max's routines, yet, but I just received one of his walking liberty jumbo coins and I've got to say that this is one of the best purchases that I've ever made in magic. I look forward to looking through some more stuff that he offers at his site.
Just get Max to demo it for you. It's magical how he's on call for the demos, much appreciated.

For the records, I got a demo of it and it was quite excellent.
Max just did it me.
This is great mentalism.
Max did it again.
You will agree it's a great effect when you see it.

Lior
So does this effect require a cell phone or some other electronic item?
WOW GUYS!!!!!!
Just saw this on skype......
I will not say what it is...I just can say that is a MENTAL KILLER!!!!!
IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:)
Man, you had to do that! Now it's killing ME! I wish I had that Skype, whatever the heck that is.
[quote]
On 2010-09-02 20:24, daffydoug wrote:
Man, you had to do that! Now it's killing ME! I wish I had that Skype, whatever the heck that is.
[/quote]

you can download it for free.
kiki
What the heck is it all about?
Skype is a free app that lets you make video/phone calls for free to anyone in the world, you can buy sykpe phones, but you only really need a headset (bluetooth etc)
you can also use it to call land lines and cell phones cheaply. just need an internet connection

http://www.skype.com
Thanks for the update! I'll have to check it out!
You can also use it if you do not have a mic/webcam. You have to type then.
Max has kindly just demonstrated the effect via Skype.
A video demo would not do it justice and I can understand why he has chosen this medium. By personally demonstrating it, you can experience the reaction your audience will have.

I can quite comfortably say I am baffled, a very clever routine.
Impromptu and practical. It's on the forefront of my wish list.
I wish my wish list had a forefront. But currently it's as long as my arm!
Let me just say that Max was kind enough to show me Mental Killer on Skype today and I was totally blown away by the straightforwardness of the effect! This is a very organic trick that one can do anytime, anywhere impromptu! I expect it to receive the best reactions from spectators ever! It's that good and I am certainly looking forward to its release, whatever its final price may be!!

Congratulations for the trick of the year Max.
Any updates?
HAHAHAHA!! HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL BATMAN! I just got off Skype with Max Krause, all I can say is I am getting this effect as soon as it releases. What a great experience!

I was reluctant to sign up for Skype just to see a demo but am so glad I put in the effort. You truly need to experience the demo "live" because a description will not do it justice and it doesn't take long to sign up as others have said.

Max told me he must've demoed the effect atleast 400 times and would be happy to show anyone who is interested, so feel free to add him on Skype and ask him about the effect.

I asked, and it is apparently going to be released by the end of the month.

Max, you have a definite winner here and I cant wait for it to hit the community.
Hahahahahahaha... that was awesome! Can't wait until it is released.
I need this. I need it to come out. I already know how I'm using it.
I think all non skype users, like myself, are convinced enough to get this. I sure as heck am.
This is extremely clean looking, just great!! end of the month......maybe????
Probably at Mindvention in LV.
He said that it's even gonna be less than $20.
Max has given the all-clear to talk about what exactly Mental Killer is. It's one of the slickest iPhone apps I've ever seen, and I have most of them. This isn't a "cutesy" app, but a stealthy utility app that doesn't actually look like an app.

While I have many magic apps, the only one I use with regularity is iForce, because of how clean and innocent it is. Now I can add Mental Killer to the list. Max showed me the workings on this a few weeks back, and I've been itching for it ever since. He just submitted it to Apple for approval, so it should be out within 2 weeks or so. Also, Max will be making it available on other platforms as well, so you android users won't be left in the cold. This is going to become a real go-to effect for a lot if people. I can't wait!

Kevin
How about the other platforms besides those two you mentioned above?
Ah! Soo glad Android is being supported. I would love more apps to get to Android, there just as many users on Android devices as Iphones now!
As far as I know, Max has plans to release (in due time, of course) versions for every platform that has an app store, including Blackberry, etc. He's also going to work out American and European versions so as many people as possible can use this effect.

Also, the basic effect (think Wizard effect on steroids) is just the tip of the iceberg. Max has some amazing things in the pipeline already for updates beyond the basic version. But the basic is already a monster!

Max started a thread in the App-earing Soon section, so I imagine sone info will be provided in there.

Kevin
Great so EVERYONE should have it soon.Every mug with an Iphone.
I just saw it as well on skype. I think it's great and look forward to its release.

Sean
I am hoping the 'number' can be changable to suit UK users etc
The number can be changed to whatever you want it to be I believe.
And the recording too! Not many would understand English here, so I need two versions if it's possible.

It's a good and clean mentalism act.
Pretty much all users will be covered over time. Max is totally aware of the multi-lingual issues and has plans for wide support. Just takes a bit of time to get it all in order.

Kevin
I'm sure he will and I can't wait until it has some add-on feature to allow this to be performed in a non-english speaking country.

I can do this for my co-workers as most of them are westerners and everyone speaks good English. But sometimes I want to perform for random people or friends who might not have sufficient English ability.
Max, you're my next Skype!
[quote]
On 2010-09-20 08:08, Failed Magician wrote:
And the recording too! Not many would understand English here, so I need two versions if it's possible.

It's a good and clean mentalism act.
[/quote]

Are you saying you know for sure you can change the recording or just hoping? Because I don't think you can.
I am hoping. :)
RELEASE THIS!
[quote]
On 2010-09-23 04:29, rockthemike wrote:
RELEASE THIS!
[/quote]
OK,

I don't want to make you guys cry, but I have the app (we've had a joint NDA in place for some time). Don't bombard Max with tons of PMs, I don't think it is going any further. I love the detail put into this piece. When you get it you will know what I am talking about. I've seen Max perform it a few times and now I am going to get my feet wet. In fact, he performed it at my house for this poor kid that works for me. He was useless the rest of the day. Will report back soon. I am very excited for Max, this is going to be very popular.

Best,
-Craig
FML
What is fml :O
F*** My Life..
I can't wait for the apps!
Just had the pleasure of talking to Max and seeing this first-hand. Excellent stuff, can't wait for this to be released.
Yesterday, Max and I spend over 2 hours, on Skype, talking about Mental Killer, the app business, and magic.

Mental Killer has everything that a serious performer wants from a magic app. It's organic and it gives you a reason why you have to use the phone.

I'm not only seriously looking forward to the release of MK, I'm also looking forward to Max's future plans for MK.

All I can say is you're going to KILL with Mental Killer on your iPhone.

I wish Max great success with his app, and I hope Apple approves his app immediately.
Greg Rostami
Immediately? If only. They seem to be taking an age. With some of the total garbage rip off apps out there I find it hard to believe that they actually approve any of them.
OMG!!!
Two things, first Max is very gracious,easily skyped,and now I understand all the previous posts
telling very little about what occurs.

Second, THe effect kills,and shuld be green lighted for release very soon.I am definitely getting it!!!
It's awesome.
Guys, this should be available by the end of the week if all goes well.

Kevin
As it stands now, you can't change the recording. Max does plan to release this in various languages, but you will have to wait a bit.
Message: Posted by: Rafael The Master Hypnotist (Oct 4, 2010 10:51PM)
I just created Skype, because of all this Hype about "Mental Killer"

so now how can I see this "mental Killer" Thinggy?
[quote]
On 2010-10-04 18:17, Mercury52 wrote:
Guys, this should be available by the end of the week if all goes well.

Kevin
[/quote]
Good news Kevin, keep us posted.
I still don;t know what the actual effect is??

will the nokia/symbian platform be supported? (sis file format or java (.jar) format)
I agree that it does seem a little strange that there is no outline of the effect whatsoever.
A description will be available when MK is released. You won't have to do a "blind buy" without knowing what the effect is.

Kevin
To all those who find it strange that the effect is not described:
simply skype Max and the mystery will be over, and I think you will be impressed.
Message: Posted by: Rafael The Master Hypnotist (Oct 6, 2010 07:15PM)
I just On Line with Max via SKYPE (Shame on you who don't have SKYPE)

anyway, he do the "Mental Killer"

the effect is.........

well you have to get SKYPE and add Max, his SKYPE name is: sleightofhand1971

Max said it's going to be available for Blackberry user too

the Effect is a Killer

EFFFF!
Blackberry.. that was the cue ;)
Ok guys,

Here is the latest. I have been rejected by Apple but I am fighting. Please email me for more details at sales@innovativedeceptions.com. Please put Mental Killer in the subject line or call 602-324-7299. All is definitely not lost.

Best regards,
Max
Wow - Apple has become quite the pain these days. Fight the good fight Max!
So you can't sell and market it until Apple gives you the green light?
I spoke with Max a bit today after hearing the bad news, but it turns out it's actually not all bad.

Mental Killer is available NOW if you visit http://www.innovativedeceptions.com

The only catch, and it's barely a catch, is that you'll need to Jailbreak your phone. This is super-easy to do these days, and if you're not sure how to do it, a quick Google search will get you up and running, or you can ask a tech-savvy friend. The phone doesn't lose any functionality and you can always un-jailbreak by restoring the phone software.

There are also some major benefits of this app only being available on a Jailbroken system and not in the app store. Max is already hard at work making the app even better and adding features that couldn't be in the official version, since he doesn't have to follow Apple's guidelines.

Don't be mistaken, Max is working on modifying the app to re-submit to Apple so that it can be approved. However, this Jailbreak version that you can get directly from Max will be the definitive and most fully-featured version. It's certainly the one I'll be using.

Max is also continuing development on versions for Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone 7. Those have different rules regarding app submission, so those platforms may not have the restrictions that Max is facing with the iPhone version.

So, despite the bad news about the Apple rejection, overall it's really not bad news for us. We can have it now, and we can have a better version with more features that weren't possible before. Also, for those who were worried about it, this will keep it out of the hands of the masses browsing the app store for the time being, because you have to get it directly from Max.

I guess any further questions should be directed to Max at the email he posted above, but in the meantime, Mental Killer is ready to roll!

Kevin
I am a iPhone developer myself and I love magic apps for the iPhone. I got a copy of Mental Killer by Max Krause and it is AMAZING! This is a must have iPhone App. The best thing about performing with this App is that is doesn't look like a magic app. They will not detect let alone suspect any foul play on your part and yet will blow their minds and it is very easy to do! Do yourself a favor and skype Max for a demo, once you see it you will have to have it! Max also told me about future features that will be available with this App and I can't wait to use them!
I have a few questions.
I don´t have an iphone. So what means ´app´ and ´jailbreak´?
And I heard there is a version comming out in german language. IS THAT TRUE?
last but not least, Will there be a version without the need of iPHONE?
thanx a lot
kiki
[quote]
On 2010-10-12 22:20, Mercury52 wrote:
I spoke with Max a bit today after hearing the bad news, but it turns out it's actually not all bad.

Mental Killer is available NOW if you visit http://www.innovativedeceptions.com

The only catch, and it's barely a catch, is that you'll need to Jailbreak your phone. This is super-easy to do these days, and if you're not sure how to do it, a quick Google search will get you up and running, or you can ask a tech-savvy friend. The phone doesn't lose any functionality and you can always un-jailbreak by restoring the phone software.

There are also some major benefits of this app only being available on a Jailbroken system and not in the app store. Max is already hard at work making the app even better and adding features that couldn't be in the official version, since he doesn't have to follow Apple's guidelines.

Don't be mistaken, Max is working on modifying the app to re-submit to Apple so that it can be approved. However, this Jailbreak version that you can get directly from Max will be the definitive and most fully-featured version. It's certainly the one I'll be using.

Max is also continuing development on versions for Android, Blackberry, and Windows Phone 7. Those have different rules regarding app submission, so those platforms may not have the restrictions that Max is facing with the iPhone version.

So, despite the bad news about the Apple rejection, overall it's really not bad news for us. We can have it now, and we can have a better version with more features that weren't possible before. Also, for those who were worried about it, this will keep it out of the hands of the masses browsing the app store for the time being, because you have to get it directly from Max.

I guess any further questions should be directed to Max at the email he posted above, but in the meantime, Mental Killer is ready to roll!

Kevin
[/quote]

Hey guys, as a person who has been jailbreaking iPhones since it all began, please let me chime in on this.

While jailbreaking your iPhone is not illegal, Apple does try make it hard for the jailbreaking community, by creating little iPhone software updates that will change the baseband and firmware of the iPhone. For example, I jailbroke my iPhone 4 as soon as it was available for the iOS4 software. Well soon after, Apple had a software update that was only created to fix the exploit that was being used to Jailbreak the iPhone. So if you plan on jailbreaking your iPhone, be aware of the software updates, and only update when they create the software FOR that version.

For anyone interested, Google "Limera1n". That is the software you will need to jailbreak your iPhone or iPod touch. Please note, that after you have jailbroken you phone, you HAVE voided any support from Apple. HOWEVER, as stated above, you CAN re-install back to normal and nobody at Apple will ever know that you did anything. :)

If anyone has any questions regarding this, please PM me, I would be more than happy to answer anymore questions.

This app is WORTH jaibreaking for! :) GREAT job Max!

Mike
I've been using this app for a while now on my phone. Because of my service provider, I have to use an unlocked/jb phone. No issues, I just don't update. Definitely worth doing.

-Craig
This Is only one presentation for Mental Killer:

Effect: The performer removes a card or piece of paper containing a phone number and places it on the table.

The performer than explains that he/she is going to try and influence the spectator to make a decision and once that decision has been made the performer is going to call the number on the table before the effect started which is his/her friend to verify whether or not the performer was successful.

The spectator is asked to think of any card and once a card is committed to, the performer dials the number with his/her phone.

The phone rings and an answering machine message comes on and tells the spectator the EXACT card they had chosen. Truly Unbelievable!! Think The Wizard effect on steroids!

Best regards,
Max
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 13, 2010 12:08PM)
Magic apps generally suc, IMHO. So Max, when you offered to perform this for me at Magic In The Rockies last month, I was VERY skeptical to say the least. After seeing it, I am not exaggerating when I say this impressed me more than I have been by a mentalism effect of any kind for a very long time. This really should become a modern classic.

Christopher
How does the download of the application work?
Thanks
I just purchased this from Max (version 1.0). I played with it for a few minutes and have to say that it's just brilliant.

We spoke about some of the future updates and it's going to be such a killer app.

In it's current state it can predict all 52 playing cards plus joker. No extra fumbling, no fake home screens. Everything is done right under their noses and it's very cool.

Pros: Very easy to do and an excellent effect.

Cons: Requires a jailbroken iPhone (or iPod Touch)... if you want to consider it a con... I love my jailbroken iPhone

With the instructions, it's pretty easy to install and it will be up and running in seconds.
Just got this app from Max at http://www.innovativedeceptions.com
This effect is only rivaled by it's diabolical and seamless presentation.
Simple to learn, brilliant effect!
Ok, I posted earlier BEFORE I actually performed this for anyone. THIS EFFECT KILLS!!! I had an idea of how strong it might be, but after performing it for some people, it absolutely kills.

I tried it for my girlfriend (who is hard to fool sometimes... you know the type) and a friend who tries to figure things out and think things through.... basically the WORST people in the world to perform anything for. It blew them away and left them scratching their heads.

I can't wait to add this as a regular bit in my show. I will be performing this effect at my paid shows this week.

I always leave home with my keys, wallet and phone. Right there is about a 15-20 minute act without using a deck of cards. Max Krause's Mental Killer is definitely one of those effects you'll want to perform when ever you get the chance!
Does this work for other langages ??
[quote]
On 2010-10-14 17:04, eric6 wrote:
Does this work for other langages ??
[/quote]

Not yet, but versions for additional languages are being worked on a will be available at some point
F.Ambro,

Once you order it all will be explained to you.

Christopher,

Coming from you that means a lot! Thank you so very much sir!

Rmecsw,

Glad you are having fun with it. It will just get better and better.

Justin,

So happy you like it. I knew it would be right up your alley.

As Kevin was mentioning here are the latest details.

Languages coming soon. Each will have a male and female version.

European (also new display)
French
Spanish
Mandarin

Working as fast as I can guys. Also working on a setting for those who use the ipad and itouch. Appreciate all the support guys. You are going to truly love this!

Best regards,
Max
I was very skeptical and slightly scared to jailbreak my iphone. BUT, I had to have Mental Killer!! I used Limera1n and it was easiest thing I've ever done in my life! Even if I didn't do this for Mental Killer, I'm still happy that I have jailbroke my phone as I can now customize just about everything on the phone! If you're wanting the link where to get Limera1n and the best instructions on how to install it, PM me. it's just a matter of basically holding the power+home buttons and releasing. not much more to it!

after you've installed it, RUN and purchase Mental Killer! It's by FAR the best magic iphone app that I have and/or seen. The interface is VERY easy and intuitive to use, the voices are perfect, the dial pad is perfect, it doesn't get any more realistic!!! He has some MAJOR upgrades planned for Mental Killer which will be to die for. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Max as he's VERY customer service oriented. I can see why Max and Craig Filetti are good friends, they hold customer service at the highest standard in the industry, no joke

Rich
I thought this was going to be $15?
You lucky iphone owners! :(
I would never, in a million years, pay that much for an app. And an app that you have to jailbreak your phone to install.
[quote]
On 2010-10-15 00:17, rockthemike wrote:
I thought this was going to be $15?
[/quote]

once approved by Apple, it'll be about $20 but there will be differences between that one and the one for a jail broken phone.

Pegasus, jailbreaking your phone is super easy and painless. as for the asking price $50? it's a steal with everything that he's offering with it AND considering that there's plenty of other magic items out there that cost a whole lot more and do a whole lot less, it's a steal imo. give it a run!
Hi Lunatik, could you explain the differences? I know the main effect, as explained by Max on this thread. Will this be available for 20$? Perhaps its just me but 50 Bucks is a lot of money for, what is essentially, just an app.
So can this be used with the Ipod Touch? If it does I guess you would have to give the impression that the Itouch is actually an Iphone to make it believable.
Max is still working with Apple on bringing MK to the app store officially. As to exactly when and how, that's still up in the air.

As for price, it's all in how you think about it. You could say its "just an app", but I'd ask anyone here to take the time, money, and effort to develop and program a magic app with a fantastic effect and method, and then see what you'd want to charge for it. There's a rock and a hard place of some people wanting an effect to be priced outside of the realm where the "merely curious" would buy it, but still making it affordable and accessible to magicians.

I've been in touch with Max for awhile regarding Mental Killer, and I watched the very difficult process of getting it made. Initially the plan was to have multiple versions available in the app store. A less expensive and more basic version, and then a higher-end pro version. With the rejection, Max had to come up with a good way to still make the effect available to all of us.

When he came up with his jailbreak method of individually sending the files to buyers, he was thinking of charging $125 for the app. Ultimately he decided to go with $50. To me, the effect is worth the $125 he was thinking and then some. It's incredibly easy, super powerful, and totally innocent. I've paid way more than $50 for effects that aren't nearly as strong or practical as Mental Killer.

Also, just because this is software, doesn't mean that just as much time and money haven't gone into it as would go into a more tangible item. Believe me, Max is not making money hand over fist by charging this price, especially for the dedicated and individualized service he provides. He's willing to sit with anyone on Skype to demo the effect, and guide them through the install when they purchase it. He's also hard at work to make the app bigger, better, and stronger. The majority of updates will be free to users. I honestly can't believe that he's going through the trouble of adding so many languages (with 53 outs for now, in both male and female voices) and that they'll be free updates to the app. That's hundreds of new recordings, for free. I'd certainly be charging more than a $50 one-time fee.

As to differences between the Jailbreak version and what will end up in the app store: Because there are really no rules when it comes to the jailbreak, it can be the most innocent-looking version. The dial pad looks just like the iPhone dial pad, and even the icon will match the exact phone app icon. In the app store, there have to be subtle changes, and certainly a distinct icon. For me, having a duplicate icon is worth the $30 price difference alone. It means that you can hand them the iPhone and let them launch Mental Killer without suspecting a thing.

So yeah, $50 may seem a lot for an app, but I'd encourage people not to compare it to the price of other apps, but rather to the price of other magic and mentalism effects. How much have you paid in the past for a killer prediction? Mental Killer is right up at the top of the list, and is way less money than I've paid for other mentalism effects that aren't nearly as direct and fair.

In regards to iPad and iPod touch - these don't have cell radios, but they are capable of making VoIP calls over WiFi with services like Skype. This is how these platforms will be accommodated with Mental Killer. The interface will look just like a VoIP app. I believe it was Greg Rostami (of iForce fame) who initially gave Max this idea to support the non-phone devices.

In regards to Jailbreaking, it's super easy, legal, and totally reversible. In just the past few days the jailbreak for iOS 4.1 was made available. It's a simple matter of getting some freely downloadable software and syncing your phone. After that you can still sync with iTunes, buy apps, and use your phone as normal. You don't lose any functionality. You can un-jailbreak anytime simply by restoring your phone in iTunes. Anyone can feel free to PM me if they'd like more details about the process.

It took me no time to jailbreak my phone and install MK, it was totally painless. And now I have an anytime, anywhere totally fair prediction in my pocket anywhere I go. It's something I'm using and getting amazing reactions with all the time.

As a final note, I don't have any financial interest in Mental Killer. Max is just a friend who has come up with something great, so I'm happy to support him.

Kevin
I can't help thinking that Max would make more money if he sold this app for around 10 - 15 Dollars.
I would love to get this for my iPad Touch. My biggest concern is the quality of the speaker on the Touch. You can have it at the highest volume level, and still can barely hear out of the speaker.

So the answering machine recording would have to be piped into either head phones or an external speaker for the full effect.

I like the idea of VOIP for the dialer and will keep an eye on any updates. Heck I might purchase it anyway and just wait for the updates.

Another concern I have, is the quanity of smart phones out there, and thousands of apps, and spectators being smart enough to think that is is just another app doing all the hidden work.

Phil
[quote]
On 2010-10-15 13:40, pegasus wrote:
I can't help thinking that Max would make more money if he sold this app for around 10 - 15 Dollars.
[/quote]

I think $20 is perfectly reasonable. You spend more on weaker effects. Not too many effects that are as powerful and technological than this
I agree Lunatik $20 but the fact is its not it is $50 at the moment. Is it 25 x better than I force ? , afraid not in fact Peter Knows achieved the same effect but you could even use spectators phone albeit a miss call on the phone number. All flew straight by the spectator. Hope the other plans with this app are better still as although very good in reality when we get over the hype its just the old Phantom trick on an I phone. To the spec who is not thinking like a magician remember its still a miracle done with Peter Knows ( I know it no longer is in existence)or the original Phantom method. Just my thoughts Gary
Can't wait until this comes to the App Store!
Is the setting for the Ipod Touch available yet? I don't have an Iphone so I just wanted to make sure the app will work with my Touch before I purchase it.
Would'nt it be better if such apps are not sold by App Stores?
I mean who will want to put a effect into his arsenal which can be found by anybody browsing a app store?

all the best
You could also say, "who would want to put an effect into his arsenal which can be found by anybody browsing a magic store?"

Magic is available everywhere, yet still well-hidden from the public, because by and large they're not looking for it. You can get a TT in magic shops, toy stores, online, etc, yet still fool people with it daily.

I've been using iForce (available in the app store) for about a year now, and still often fool magicians who aren't aware of its existence. And I've yet to encounter any layperson who knew what it was. I think Mental Killer will be no different. I think we often worry that our secrets are too widely available, but I personally have never found it to be a problem.
I don't want to turn this into a hacker topic but in the spirit of magicians helping magicians I assume everyone who has jailbroke their iPhones knows that you need to change your root password. Wouldn't hurt to change the media one too.

If you don't, hacking into your iPhone is fairly easy as the root password has been plastered all over the net. It's the downside of JBing along with losing your warranty. There are youtube demos to show you how that change it.

And now back to our topic. iForce is excellent btw.
Hi Dan thanks for bringing that up I am dumping my
mental killer and resetting my iPhone I don't think it's worth compromising my phone for the sake of a trick .I also think this was wrong that Max didn't mention this before I wasted $50.
[quote]
On 2010-10-19 01:07, Dan McLean wrote:
I don't want to turn this into a hacker topic but in the spirit of magicians helping magicians I assume everyone who has jailbroke their iPhones knows that you need to change your root password. Wouldn't hurt to change the media one too.

If you don't, hacking into your iPhone is fairly easy as the root password has been plastered all over the net. It's the downside of JBing along with losing your warranty. There are youtube demos to show you how that change it.

And now back to our topic. iForce is excellent btw.
[/quote]

thanks dan for the heads up!! in less than 2 minutes, I downloaded MobileTerminal and changed the password. Easy as pie. and Cardbiker, just take 2 minutes and change it, it's not a big deal :)
Hi just loaded mobileterminal the ap is now on my homescreen but when I try and open it ,it appears for a second then straight back to my homescreen .I have tried removing it then re- downloading but still the same, any help would be appreciated.
Try turning your phone off and restarting it. I find that this is often necessary after installing new jailbreak apps
Thanks mercury52 tried that still the same .i' m just about to hit restore on my pc and dump jailbreaking will my root password then be safe?I'm really quite angry with Max for not mentioning this problem
If you have the iPhone 4 running 4.1 (Like I do) You will not be able to run mobileterminal if you download it from cydia. However, I found this, used it and it worked great!:

To install Mobile Terminal on iPhone OS 4, do the following simple steps.

1) Open Cydia
2) Go to Manage
3) Sources
4) Click Edit then Add the following source: http://www.podzombie.com/repository/
5) Look under this new Source when downloaded and you will find Mobile Terminal (iPhone 4 compatible).

Confirm the installation, the application will install and work like a charm.

Hope this helps.

P.S., I am good friends with Max, and I doubt he withheld this information intentionally, he probably didn't know about himself.

[quote]
On 2010-10-19 01:07, Dan McLean wrote:
Wouldn't hurt to change the media one too.
[/quote]
How does one change the media password?
Hey cardbiker, I had the same problem, it was the wrong one. I selected the one below it from xsellize (X apps) I uninstalled the first one and installed the right one and it worked great. One thing I did was pull up you tube to get instructions on how to use it. If you need more specific help, feel free to PM me :)
Thanks lunatic I'll give it a go.
I miss spoke. Not media password. I believe it's the mobile password. I'm typing this from my iPhone so I can't go into details but most instruction on changing your root password show you how to change the mobile one. Fairly simple. Btw, my mobile terminal was also graphing out on me. The solution, as shown, is to get a different version.
OK Here is how to do both Mobile and Root Passwords:

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-secure-your-jailbroken-iphone-from-ssh-hack-9140084/
Hey Slydini. Sweet solution for Mobileterminal. The one I found was much more convoluted.

Posted: Oct 20, 2010 12:02am
Has anyone taken a look at Max's website innovativedeceptions.com? OK I admit it, I'm killing some time. Max is a tad busy at the moment so I won't be "Mental Killer"ing until tomorrow. I talked to him today and he mention a little item he carries. It's called "Mentalist Dream Box" the ultimate billet box. What I like about it is it is NOT electronic. It's pricey but comes with some nice reviews by notables like Larry Becker, Gabe Ableson and Craig Filicetti.

No I don't get a dime from Max. Never met him. And yes I paid full price for Mental Killer.

So how are people making out with Mental Killer? I'd like to read some stories.
Wow. $50? I thought he's gonna let this one go for $15, that was what he said when I asked him before he released this.

Well, then again, many mentalism prop or effects are much higher than card tricks, CMIIW.

I just hope this could be released in Apple store so people don't have to JBing their phone.
It will definitely be released on itunes for about $20
I'd just like to say a big thank you to Lunatik(Richie ) who really put himself out to help me change my root password.Top guy thank you.
No problem bro, it's the least I could do for a fellow member! I hope you enjoy Mental Killer as much as I have! Plus you can now modify/customize your phone!
Just installed and started playing with Mental Killer. I have to say that if Max does get Apple's blessing and sells it for $20, I think he's giving it away. This app is sweet!
I think everyone reading this should drop what they are doing and search for mental killer on their iPhones now! It should be on the web store any minute now as well.

I got this thing through and now the fun begins. You guys are going to go crazy for this!

For those who pre-ordered please contact me!

All the best!
Max
Hey guys....i was just on iTunes and came across Max Krause's Mental Killer. BUY THIS APP....it's terrific!!!!!
I’m very happy for Max (and all of you) that Mental Killer has been released to the app store.  If anyone has been holding off whether due to price, jailbreaking, or whatever your reason, you’re now ready to rock and roll.

Anyone who has bought the jailbreak version (or still wants to) should contact Max.  It’s my understanding that the JB version will remain available, and to me it’s still worth it for the customized “real” icon and a few other advantages that jailbreaking can offer.  But I totally understand why people would want to stick with an official app store version for multiple reasons.

I’ve been killing left and right with this thing, and I’m sure you all will be too!

Kevin
What's the difference I paid £33 ($50) now it's £11.99?
[quote]
On 2010-10-21 14:13, cardbiker wrote:
What's the difference I paid £33 ($50) now it's £11.99?
[/quote]

At the moment there aren't a ton of differences between the 2. Down the road, the jailbreak will have some extra bits and pieces that make it more convincing, since it doesn't have to follow the app store rules. In the meantime, as I mentioned before, you can email max (max@maxkrause.com) if you've bought the jailbreak version and would rather have the app store one. He's one of the most customer service oriented people I know, he'll make sure everyone is taken care of.

Kevin
I'm so happy Apple approved it...finally!!! I just bought it from the app store and it works like a dream.

It's awesome Max!!! Congrats!
Does this now also work for the iPod touch?
I have an Ipod touch and have purchased this. Unfortunately it doesn't work on the Itouch right now. The app makes use of the visual layout of the Iphone's dialpad which doesn't really make sense on the Itouch since it isn't a phone. I tried it out anyway but the sound doesn't work yet on the Itouch. Max said he is currently working on an update that will make Mental Killer compatible with the Itouch and Ipad.
Max showed me this at Mindvention...this alone is worth getting an iphone!
I just got a company Android Phone. Any chance this is being programed for Android?

Phil
Saw this at mindvention as well. Simply brilliant
Android will be coming, not sure of the ETA though
Just downloaded this. It's diabolical!
Wow! This is awesome. I just downloaded it from the app store and ... and ... Wow! This is awesome!

Great job, Max!

Joe Libby
San Antonio, TX
http://www.funnybirthdayshow.com
Saw this at Mindvention. Very, very nice. Something you will always be able to carry with you and do. Waiting for the Droid version to come out, unfortunately.
Am I to assume that this cannot work on Australian mobile networks and phones?

Kam
If you have an iphone, it'll work. soon to be other makes/models, but the network won't matter
If you have the opportunity ask Max why Apple initially denied his app. He told me last night. I couldn't stop laughing.

I'm very happy with the jail broke version btw. Worked it several times today. I use it in combination with a m****d d**k. Card is selected, no one knows (?) its value. Call is made, card is then turned over. Jaws hit the floor.

I was originally thinking of following up with a combination of Cosmo's Q and the iPhone app called Card2phone. Now I'm thinking Mental Killer is a closer.
I have an iPod Touch but I bought this because it says I will be supported in the next update. My device does have a working speaker but it doesn't seem to be working for Mental Killer.
Finally got my hands on this!

I don't like that it has a Mental Killer icon. People play with other people's phones frequently and will be curious of what "game" Mental Killer is.

This should have a fake front of ANY sort as iForce does IMHO.
Dunno if this was a consideration or not.
Yep, he has a fake icon that is identical to the real 'phone' icon. it needs to be released asap!
Can anyone tell me how to change the settings once you have set them?

Ron

Posted: Oct 22, 2010 11:11am
Well Max himself just called me to explain how to go to settings. What service! Great effect.

Ron
Hey Guys, I am working on the UK version as we speak. It will be ready in another week or so. it will be part of the first update.

Btw, I have an update coming for the itouch and ipad included but my suggestion would be to get a used iphone and sell your itouch since you don't need any service to use this app. It will be just like having an itouch but you will have the phone features as well.

Just a thought,
Max
When will be a Black Berry Version for Europe released?

best regards,
Martin
Artin, as soon as I can.

Can anybody tell me how their phone looks when they make a call in Taiwan/China. How many numbers? How the display looks? For example The US looks like this (866)386-6186 The UK looks like this 4545 76 0945.

Best regards,
Max
This thing is good. Really really really good.
Waiting patiently for the UK version.
This effect REALLY KILLS! The coolest app ever!!!!
[quote]
On 2010-10-25 11:57, Max Krause wrote:
Artin, as soon as I can.

Can anybody tell me how their phone looks when they make a call in Taiwan/China. How many numbers? How the display looks? For example The US looks like this (866)386-6186 The UK looks like this 4545 76 0945.

Best regards,
Max
[/quote]

Just to make you aware Max, the UK number you inserted above has ONE diget missing.

UK mobile numbers look like this: 07870 729 717

Chris
What a terrific use of technology. It just makes so much sense. I love it.

Lately, I've been following it up with KK. I pull out my wallet at the beginning of Mental Killer to get a biz card so I can write down the phone number. My wallet stays out for the routine, so it's been in full view from the start.
Can the language be adapted?
Is there an Symbian version coming, too?
Time for me to chip in. Mental Killer is an excellent app. I have always liked the idea of an app which does not appear to BE an app and this is it. Highly recommended. I too am working on a magic app which is not an app as Max is aware and in fact both our apps compliment one another and could work together. We shall see.

Anyway, go get this as its really really good :)
[quote]
On 2010-10-26 12:00, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
What a terrific use of technology. It just makes so much sense. I love it.

Lately, I've been following it up with KK. I pull out my wallet at the beginning of Mental Killer to get a biz card so I can write down the phone number. My wallet stays out for the routine, so it's been in full view from the start.
[/quote]

terrific thinking as always Mr. Mindbender!
Good method to bring any wallet into view without raising suspicion
The follow-up could also work well with Cosmo Solano's Q.

The result would be something like Nemo 1500, Johnny Thompson's trick, which incorporates multiple predictions of a freely chosen card. Each new climax builds the impossibility.

Cheers,
Jerry
Max, can I check that the UK update will include a UK voice as well as a UK phone number?
David, Yes
Is a german/european version also possible?
Hi Max,
Any idea as to when to expect the UK version? Waiting with anticipation.
Steve
9 pages of questions.
Update,

The German audio is done. I now have German, British and Mandarin. The app should check to see what area the phone is in and will adjust the display accordingly.

I have decided to offer the languages as in app purchases to save on space. Not everyone will want all the languages and by the time they are all done the app will get huge. This way, you only add the language(s) you want to use. All those who have helped me with the app will receive everything released on it as a thank you for helping.

Here are some of the other new features for MK in the 1st update. This may not be all of them:

Itouch support. Special interface and making sure the audio works.

Switch from 2 to 4 rings depending on preferences.

New female voice and audio will sound more like an answering machine than ever. Audio output has also been increased.

Automatic display support for any country.

Updated instructions.

Still working very hard on this thing to make it the best magic system available on the iPhone. There is lots lots more to come.

Best regards,
Max
Is the update available in the app's updates? I don't wee it.

Ron
So can you use this on a ipod touch 3g??? do I need to do anything to my ipod touch before purchasing?
Ron,

The update isn't ready yet. I will post as soon as it is submitted to Apple.

Daren,

Yes, wait for the update to be released :)

Best regards,
Max
Cant wait for my Iphone to arrive.. I used a terrible BB Storm for 2 years..
Now it's time for a revolution! Cant wait... I can't fu#*in wait to install this..
Question Guys...

The AppStore says this works on iPad.

But iPads don't have phone functionality??

How does this work?

I mean I CAN guess that true phone functionality isn't needed, but how do you prevent running it on an iPad from being a give away?

JK
JK,

It's your new custom Skype dialer :)

Max
AH.. Voip. Good suggestion :)

I may have to look for a real VOIP app too... just in case some friend later wants to make a real call :)
Not only is this a killer effect, it is also the best out for any card effect! This app is like a set of balls in your pocket that will allow you to go for risky card miracles. I love having this on my phone and cant wait for the updates!
Anybody having problems with the appstore version?

I must be setting something wrong because I get 4 rings, then a hiccup sound as if the message is about to kick in, then another 4 rings.
This cycle continues until I turn it off.

I've re-installed 3 times, still no luck

Steve
[quote]
On 2010-11-09 15:44, Max Krause wrote:
JK,

It's your new custom Skype dialer :)

Max
[/quote]

I'm still confused. The iPad doesn't have a microphone nor a Skype app.
Update to the problems I was having.

Starting the display number with a zero was the problem.

all working now.

Steve
@Steveline

Same here. There was an intial message that mentioned entering in a pass code so that the settings could be changed. Unfortunately, I then closed the app, and it hasn't since reappeared. I can't therefore access the settings or the instructions. Any advice would be appreciated.
Raging calm type in 1234# to access settings
Raging Calm

PM'd you

Steve
Bugjack...

The iPad has both a microphone and a Skype app (the iphone version is iPad compatible).

Mike
[quote]
On 2010-11-10 18:31, Michael J Redd wrote:
Bugjack...

The iPad has both a microphone and a Skype app (the iphone version is iPad compatible).

Mike
[/quote]

I stand corrected. Just checked the tech specs and as an iPad owner I'm surprised to find out there is a mic. Had no idea.
I had my iPad for a couple of months before I discovered the mic.

Mike
Hi there,

Can I use " Mental Killer " in the Netherlands.

Thanks,

John.
Hey max can't wait for the "hello...(enough pause to ask 'what is her card')..4 of clubs" hang up. Looking forward to the organic feeling this version would offer. Please keep us posted on this update!
Hi Guys

British audio is finally completed with the voices of Angelo Carbone and Rachel Columbini. Italian male will be none other than Aldo Columbini.

John, yes, you will be able to.

BSmith,

I will keep you in da loop!

More news soon to follow.

Kind regards,
Max

Posted: Nov 15, 2010 9:50pm
Here is the latest news.

I have confirmed that current version of MK does work on the 4g iPod Touch.

The older versions will be supported in the upcoming update.

Kind regards,
Max
Any news on when the UK update will be available Max?

Thanks

David
David,

We are making a major push to get the update finished by the end of next week at the very latest.

I want everyone who has purchased Mental Killer so far to email me your contact information. I have some very exciting news to share! max@firstgenconcepts.com

Best regards,
Max
Hey All,

Wrapping up all the final details for the update.

Here is my new demo video for Mental Killer performed for the most skeptical audiences I could find! I hope you guys enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXVfTeYnTaY

Best regards,
Max
Is this update for the jail broken version or regular itunes version
Both :)
I emailed ya Max to find out what the update is, please respond to meeeeee :P lojack4444 thanks bro!
Skype me sir!
Hi max, its so sad its not available from my country itunes indonesia.
anyway I used the dreambox finally on my tv show!
Hi D,

It will be available internationally soon. :)

Re the Dream Box. I have a great subtlety to share with you that will make it even better. PM me and I will tell you all the details.

Best regards,
Max
Hello all,

For those who would like to see the new features of Mental Killer please contact me on Skype. My username there is sleightofhand1971.

Kind regards,
Max
Thanks for all the wonderful feedback and patience guys!

Great news! Version 2.0 has been submitted to Apple for approval.

A few things you can expect.

International Support

iPod touch, OS 3.1 and later support as well as iPad

Retina Display for iPhone 4

New Display for iPad & iPod touch users

New Languages

New audio

New features to enhance the performance.

I can't wait to see what you guys will do with this!

It's gonna be a monster!
Max
So once approved, this version will be available in the UK App Store?

Cheers,

Jamie.
Jamie,

That is correct sir. :)

Max
I think for those who have "Mental Killer" and "iforce" would agree with me that these are the two best
killer apps available on the market.

I first got MK around a month ago and showed it tomy sister on skype the same day I installed it, she was SPEECHLESS and kept asking me how it worked
( she normally doesn't ask me to reveal anything unless the trick really impresses her)
I told her it's an app that help achieve the effect and didn't give her more details.

Two days ago I got MK 2.0 and showed her the same trick only this time the answering machine message is in
Mandarin (our mother tongue), I didn't expect such reaction from her: she was fooled even more!
I guess performing MK with your first language is three times stronger than with foreign languages, I highly recommend
those who speak other languages or have foreign friends or colleagues around to check the update version up
or contact Max directly (he's so nice and customer oriented) MK 2.0 features multiple languages and
I'm so glad that Mandarin is one of them!
Rimple,

Thank you for the kind words and the assistance.

For the rest of you...

Mental Killer 2.0 is live! Get yours now!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mental-killer/id391010202?mt=8

I can't wait to see what you guys think of this.

Best regards,
Max
Hello Max

All I have to say.....the best investment ive ever made on an App!!!!

Absolutely great reactions every time

Thanks

Minderx
MinderX,

Thank you so much. I am thrilled that you like it. I would greatly appreciate it if you could do a review for me in iTunes as well. I don't have any in Germany as of yet. If I can help you with anything please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Max
Got the update and have been loving using it. The Skype addition for the iPod Touch/iPad is wonderful and looks like the real thing. The audio, which I had problems with before, works perfectly as well. A problem I had with iPredict is that people didn't want to call Esmeralda. Some people had no problem with it but some people just didn't like to call a stranger. Since I was using an iPod Touch, it would be extremely illogical for me to use my own phone. Using Mental Killer solves this problem. Recommended!
Apple announced that the iphone 4 will be on Verizon Feb 10th

see here: http://www.apple.com
Ok....

I figured I would be the one to tell you all before anyone else does. I have lowered the price to .99 to get this thing out there. However, there is a method to my madness. There will be an upcoming update that will include a couple new languages as well as a hidden feature that will only be available to magicians.

You ask. How does this work? How will you control it and how is it fair for everybody?

All good questions. What is happening is I am doing something special for those who have supported me and bought it at the $20 price. You will have to send me proof of purchase through email and in return you will be given a special something that allows you to take advantage of the hidden features. I don't want to go into details publicly to protect what is going to happen but you are more than welcome to contact me with any questions. This is the third phase of the app which is going to set it apart from anything else out there.

More details will be coming soon and again thank you so much for all the wonderful support. I won't let you down.

Best regards,
Max
Hey Max, would love to see this available for the Droid.

Steve
Can't wait for the hidden feature. I paid the full $20 and it sounds great!
Hey Guys,

Here is a video I just found of Eric Leclerc performing Mental Killer on Youtube with great results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JePttXt37e4

I hope you guys enjoy it!
Max
Hey Guys,

Apple just approved mental Killer version 2.0.1 Make sure to go update yours!

Max
Just a heads up guys.

I am now offering customization of MK. For more details PM me.

Max
Hey guys,

As promised version 3.0 has been submitted to Apple with some major upgrades that should make all of you overseas happy as well where you have language support. Also, as a part of this release there is a special feature I have added that is for magicians only and the only way to access it is with a special code which is inside of my new Mental Killer E-Book.

Everyone who paid $20.00 for the app originally will get the e-book for free as a thank you for the support. However, I have lost the list of everyone that emailed me before so here is what you need to to do to get the free e-book. You need to go into your purchase history and take a screenshot of your receipt with the amount you paid. If you paid $20.00 you will be sent the ebook at no charge. For the rest of you, you can also email me a screenshot of your purchase history and you will be charged the difference between the price you paid for the app and $20.00. For example, if you paid $.99 for the app you would have to send me $19.00 for the e-book. This was the only way to make it a level playing field for everyone. For those of you who do not know how to access your purchase history, here is a link showing you how to do it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2727

For those of you that do not know how to take a screen shot that can also be found by using Google for your particular device.

I will be hiding a special code within the e-book which will track who has each one in case of piracy.

I appreciate your patience with this and everyone should be able to access their history without issue. For those who have deleted it or cannot prove the price they paid they will be charged $19.00 for the e-book. If at a later date they can prove they paid more the difference will happily be refunded. I was able to see my purchase history all the way back to 2008.

My guess is that Apple will have the update approved hopefully by the end of this week and I am shooting to have the ebook ready as soon as the update launches.

The price of Mental Killer upon the release of the update is going to be $9.99 from there on out.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

You can email me your screenshots at sales@innovativedeceptions.com Put Mental Killer E-Book in the subject line. Feel free to paypal me at max@maxkrause.com for the difference if you like as well at the same time. The e-books will be sent out as soon as the update is live on the app store.

Kind regards,
Max
Hi guys,

Mental Killer 3.0 has been approved by the app store and all the people who have contacted me regarding the e-book should have them waiting in their inbox. You should see the updates appear on your devices within the next few hours. I can't wait to see what you guys think about the new changes and additions.

Kind regards,
Max
Hi Max, thanks for showing me how to m*** the card on macaan. Just got myself mental killer last night. As I live in Indonesia, so the first 3 digits it international calling code which is 001.
Mental Killer 4.0 has been approved! Start checking your phones for updates.

What's new you ask??

Insta-Switch! (Make sure you read the instructions)

4 new languages: Spanish, Italian, French, Hebrew

Additional formatting for several countries.

New in app purchase, Travel Agency.

Bug Fixes.

Additional Features

I hope you all enjoy and please let me know what you think.

Best regards,
Max

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mental-killer/id391010202?mt=8
I just bought Mental Killer and is useless for me as an Spanish from Spain.

Please Max Krause, include Spanish (Spain) voices for the trick as the Spanish ones that the trick has are Latin and it's very akward to hear that accent in Spain.

Waiting forward for the next update with these voices. Thanks!
Well...i'm dutch and tell people I went to the U.S.A. (easy because that's a fact) and I've met a mentalist/ magician (also a fact) who has this amazing ability of remote viewing. BUT I still have hope that the Dutch language will be supported.
Hello,
since the apple ios 6 came out there are some detail in mk that don't match perfectly...
I hope in an update to fix this.

Thanks for this strong app,
Er1tro
Here is a hint of what else is coming for Mental Killer besides iOs 6 and iPhone 5 support. Call this number, 612-564-9189
Hey all, 4.0.5 is now live in the appstore. Your iOS 6 and iPhone 5 problems are no longer.

All the really exciting stuff will be here early next year.

Kind regards,
Max
Will this ever be available for android ?
I know this has been asked many many times before, but can someone PLEASE pm me and remind me how to access the Mental Killer menu. Ugh!
Hi guys!

We are diligently working on MK 5.0 and I am happy to say that I have aa functioning version for iOS 7 and 8! We still have a ton of work to do but rest assured it's getting done. I promise you that nobody will be disappointed with what's to come including a Pro-Upgrade that allows for you to customize any of your existing effects as well as create your own in your own voice! That's only the beginning...

Best regards,
Max
Will we have to pay for it again Max as with Menta-list or is the update free?

thanks
Sean
Hi Sean,

The update will be free but will only support devices with 7.0 or later. There will be some new in app purchases available though. Menta-List was a fluke but I am doing my best to rectify the situation.

Best regards,
Max
Thanks Max. Sounds good.
Ok, to save you all from waiting anymore I have submitted version 4.1 to Apple today which has iOS 7 & 8 support as well as support for the 6 and 6+. 5.0 will be released in the upcoming weeks with a bunch of new features, new effects and of course the Pro Version! 4.1 should be in the app store very soon!

Best regards,
Max
4.1 was just approved by Apple and should be showing up as an update for anyone who has iOS 7+

Best regards,
Max
New screens look great Max! And I like the customization options.
Thank you, John. I am glad everything is working well for you. Which device do you have btw?
IPhone 6Plus. I actually got the two screens mixed up at one point and was trying to make a real call on your screen!
Thanks for the update, MK is one on the best magic app ever made.
John what screen comes up when you actually make the fake call?
It's identical to the iPhone 6 Plus, And you can now pick your own image for the of your keypad. I also can start from a fake home screen instead of pressing the app to make the call. The only issue to some (not me) is that you have to use the iPhone in non-zoom mode.
Been trying to make the in-app purchase but all I get is a waiting timer. Any sugestions?
[quote]On Aug 3, 2015, Phil J. wrote:
Been trying to make the in-app purchase but all I get is a waiting timer. Any sugestions? [/quote]

Hi Phil, did it ever work for you??

FYI for everyone...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1452236828436709/
[quote]On Aug 3, 2015, Max Krause wrote:
[quote]On Aug 3, 2015, Phil J. wrote:
Been trying to make the in-app purchase but all I get is a waiting timer. Any sugestions? [/quote]

Hi Phil, did it ever work for you??

FYI for everyone...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1452236828436709/ [/quote]

No, still getting the timer.
Thank you for answering john.

I am just surprised because the fake home and dial screens (once I use my own) work in zoom mode and they look fantastic. It's a shame the call screen won't. I still wonder why the default image in my MK is the old OS call screen. Is it pulling from the previous iteration of MK?
[quote]On Aug 4, 2015, Phil J. wrote:

No, still getting the timer. [/quote]

Ok Phil, We have tried it and it should be working now. Please let me know if you have success.

Best regards,
Max
When I was trying it it was still at the offer price of $19.99 it's now reverted to the full price which, unfortunately, is outside my limit.
No problem.

It has been the new price for months now.

Thanks for letting me know though.

Kind regards,
Max
On the app it was still listed as $19.99.
[quote]On Aug 4, 2015, DynaMix wrote:

I am just surprised because the fake home and dial screens (once I use my own) work in zoom mode and they look fantastic. It's a shame the call screen won't. I still wonder why the default image in my MK is the old OS call screen. Is it pulling from the previous iteration of MK? [/quote]

DynaMix,

Delete your old version of MK and download a fresh version from the app store and that should solve the problem you are having with the screen.

Kind regards,
Max
Woohoo!!! It worked!

There is still a discrepancy but no one will notice this I think.

Thanks max!
Mental Killer 4.2 was just approved by Apple. You should all be able to update shortly.

Allows you to redial and play the same voicemail for multiple people.

Fixed a couple bugs that were causing small issues.

Added the F@#$e C***s In App Purchase. You do have the ability to force one card with the update for free. Instructions are found where you would upgrade to More Effects/Tools under F@#$e C***s.

More to come...
THE MOMENT YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR IS HERE!

Mental Killer 4.3!

I look forward to hearing about the awesomeness you all create!

Look for the In App Purchase - Custom Voicemails

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mental-killer/id391010202?mt=8

Kind regards,
Max
Here is an uncut performance of Mental Killer I did last night using Custom Voicemails. I hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pscpt3J7nCY

Kind regards,
Max