(Close Window)
Topic: Annoying!
I was at a party where I was making a couple of balloon animals for people. One of the guests was taking gleeful delight in pulling apart each and every balloon I made. She just wanted to annoy me.

Soon, the host brought out party poppers for everyone and I, having had bad experiences with them before, read the instructions out loud so that everyone was clear on how to use them.

The same annoying guests shouted "Hey NICK! LOOK AT THIS!!!" and as I turn towards her she, with a grin on her face, let the party popper go straight into my eye including a great big glob of burning gunpowder. It took me half an hour for it to stop hurting.

At the most bizarre part of the story? The annoying guest was a perfectly sober 40 year old woman.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
Some people are annoying to deal with when you are performing (hecklers). Some are just PLAIN annoying, inconsiderate doofuses. This lady sounds like she belongs in the later category.
Nick,
I would suggest you get this woman's name and hold her responsible if you have any trouble whatsoever with your eye. Her behavior was inexcusable.
I think I can beat that. I was setting up to perform for a bunch of kids and a clown started making jokes about many things. He started by saying "Look at all the people in my line and look at his line, it's got to tell you something." I didn't even set up yet and he was all ready putting me down. All I could think to do was to agree. This was an event for hundreds of kids, and wanted to provide some good entertainment. In my seven years of performing I could not believe a guy with a multi-colored wig is going to put another performer down. (((( When I started to set up my table I was going to give him my card and talk to him later, but then the unexpected put downs came.)))) When I started performing and the "oh how did he do that" voices arrived, he began to say "Oh wow, how did you do that?? Can you fly like David Blane?" Then he said to all the people in line for balloons, "I have my magic case beside me and maybe we need to have a magic competition." It ended with him leaving. The people who liked the magic, let him know with there response. Maybe go over to him and whisper "I don't appreciate your comments, please stop." What should I have done?
My Guess is the annoying lady wanted attention, maybe from you and maybe someone else. The thing with the popper reminded me of a woman blowing cigarette smkoe in my face in a bar, and what it is supposed to mean. How to handle such a thing is beyond me.

The clown was just that, a clown. I might have whispered to him to knoock it off and if that did not work I maight have gotten the audience into it. "Hey everybody! lets have one more big hand for Bimbo the Clown! Now it's time for a magic show..."

This of course is a good job of monday morning quarterbacking.
Mabye shes going through her mid life crisis at 40. But that's cool that you kept cool. I don't think I could have done that.
Early menopause?
If she aimed at your eyes on purpose, that is called assault and battery.
The Police should have been called.
I would have had her arrested!
That type of behavior is inexcusable.
[quote]
On 2006-03-08 15:36, nucinud wrote:
If she aimed at your eyes on purpose, that is called assault and battery.
The Police should have been called.
I would have had her arrested!
That type of behavior is inexcusable.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'd really want to see two busy policemen try to keep a straight face while I told them I'd been assaulted by a heckler with a party popper.
While the behavior might be inexcusable, after all we've not seen Nicholas' act :)
it is far from the type of behavior that would require the involvement of the constabulary.
If it had been me I would have grabbed my face and then thrown myself to the ground screaming "I'm Blind, I'm Blind". Then grabbed my chest and feigned a heart attack in hopes of scarring the gal out of her wits.
Payne... I like how you think.
Nothing worse than an evil clown.
I have had many kids do this but not a 40 year old woman actually no one over the age of 11
Gregory

You could have said "In addition to being a magician, I'm also a ventriloquist. The guy in the clown suit is my dummy".
And I would have added, "But that's redundant..."

Lee Darrow, C.H.
[quote]
On 2003-07-05 22:00, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
At the most bizarre part of the story? The annoying guest was a perfectly sober 40 year old woman.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
[/quote]

Proof that you don't have to be drunk to be stupid!