(Close Window)
Topic: Monte Discs?
Hi All,

Does anyone know where one can purchase Monte discs similar to the ones shown in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P5UC46jUr8

With thanks,
Nick plans to sell them soon, along with instructional video and video of actual gangs working.

Andru
Who is nick???
Nicholas J. Johnson
http://www.conman.com.au
Any news with regards these?
Hi All,

Just checking in to see if there is an update.

Thanks,
I watched Sal Piacente do the discs back in 2002. These are beautifully devious and you can go far beyond the usual bits than in regular 3CM.

अहिंसा

Vlad
[quote]
On 2010-11-29 09:35, Vlad_77 wrote:
I watched Sal Piacente do the discs back in 2002. These are beautifully devious and you can go far beyond the usual bits than in regular 3CM.

अहिंसा

Vlad
[/quote]

Thanks for making me salivate, Vlad!

I really do hope these are retailed soon!
[quote]
On 2010-11-29 09:35, Vlad_77 wrote:

अहिंसा

Vlad
[/quote]

Vlad,

Can you elaborate?
Sorry guys about the delay. I've been a little unwell and not been able to put the finishing touches on the disk and DVD set.

Sal has a unique handling that is a little different from the way the grifter's do it. He mentions it briefly on his DVD.
[quote]
On 2010-11-30 20:30, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
Sorry guys about the delay. I've been a little unwell and not been able to put the finishing touches on the disk and DVD set.

Sal has a unique handling that is a little different from the way the grifter's do it. He mentions it briefly on his DVD.
[/quote]

Hi Mr. Johnson,

Sorry to hear this – hope you are on the mend.

Do you have a new ETA for the disk and DVD set?

Many thanks and best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Sorry to be a pest...any news on these?
With thanks,
Wow I watched the YouTube Video on this I was impressed. I also want a set when will they be released?
Since this routine and the props belong to no one,Perhaps some one would be interested in manufacturing it.Frank Starsinic, deals in all things leather. These are leather covered Discs. How about it Frank? 3 leather covered discs,one with a white spot.I have been hearing about these since at least 2006,but no one as yet sells them.only sporadic posts about unspecified future production.
[quote]
On 2011-01-06 00:08, Glenn Watson wrote:
Since this routine and the props belong to no one,Perhaps some one would be interested in manufacturing it.Frank Starsinic, deals in all things leather. These are leather covered Discs. How about it Frank? 3 leather covered discs,one with a white spot.I have been hearing about these since at least 2006,but no one as yet sells them.only sporadic posts about unspecified future production.
[/quote]

I think we should show some consideration to Mr. Johnson, who was delayed (as he mentioned) due to a rough health patch.
I don't want to restate everything I typed. It has been 5 years since I first heard about these, Not just the last few months. I would be happy to buy these from Mr Johnson.Panlives please tell me when will His be ready ? You have asked more than anyone! Any news since November?
"this routine and the props belong to no one"As in public domain. Who ever gets to market.This is not a proprietary idea.Even if they are available today others can and probably will make them.Like the shells anyone can ethically make props for a street con.EX :SFS shells,Deacon Dan, Black Fox, La Maggoria,Vernet.....Strike while the iron is hot.
A bit of an update since people keep asking.

I have produce a DVD that will be sold with a set of genuine three disk monte disks.

Why is this taking it so long?
The DVD is not your regular magic DVD. It will feature actual footage of real con artists playing the game. I have hours and hours of footage that the producer has to work through.

What is special about the disks?
The disks that I will be selling will be simple. However, they will also be authentic. They are designed by an actual con artist working in Paris today. They have several features that you just can't get from the leather/metal disks. It's take some time to get his permission to copy his design. I could have just copied it but I'm not a con man.

Are the moves the same as three card monte?
The moves are very similar but with several major differences. These are to do with the shape, weight and size of the disks. For example, the traditional hype handling just doesn't fly with the disks.

How much will they cost?
The documentary and disks will be sold as a set with a short run to start with. They'll priced so that professionals, collectors and people really interested will be able to afford them but not so cheat that every kid has a set. This stuff is too good to share.

Feel free to send me a PM and I'll keep you up to date.

Sorry for the delay.
[quote]
On 2011-01-09 21:04, Glenn Watson wrote:
I don't want to restate everything I typed. It has been 5 years since I first heard about these, Not just the last few months. I would be happy to buy these from Mr Johnson.Panlives please tell me when will His be ready ? You have asked more than anyone! Any news since November?
"this routine and the props belong to no one"As in public domain. Who ever gets to market.This is not a proprietary idea.Even if they are available today others can and probably will make them.Like the shells anyone can ethically make props for a street con.EX :SFS shells,Deacon Dan, Black Fox, La Maggoria,Vernet.....Strike while the iron is hot.
[/quote]

Hi Mr. Watson,

I think Mr. Johnson’s post explains everything.

Yes, I have been asking the most. It sounds as if my enthusiasm will be rewarded and a quality product will come to market.

Of course, I agree with you – we are not discussing a proprietary concept. But I do like to spend my money wisely. I made a terrible mistake buying a set of Shells that were not fit to be used as paper-weights for elves. Perhaps other readers know which ones I am referring to?

Once I purchased the amazing School for Scoundrels Shells and La Maggiore Shells, I came to understand the difference between unscrupulous, short-kill opportunists and merchants/manufacturers that truly care about offering superior products to their customers.

Am I impatient? Yes.

Am I willing to wait until Mr. Johnson goes to market with what appears to be a quality product? Yes.

First-to-market is not synonymous with quality.

And so (even more so now based on Mr. Johnson’s detailed post), I choose to wait.
Another month and no product!
?????????????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdGOkYl2t1g

I'm waiting for the final edit.
[quote]
On 2011-03-19 12:34, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdGOkYl2t1g

I'm waiting for the final edit.
[/quote]

Thanks Nick. Would rather wait for the product to be right.

Best,

Steve
Thank you, Mr. J.!

(As I have been posting all along...have patience. It will be worth the wait.)
I can not wait to get this, this will beso much fun to perform!
I was at the producer's house last night.

We've had to go through each of the dozens of pieces of hidden camera footage to blur the faces of the con artists and shills. It's taken a lot more time than we expected!
Thanks for the update be sure to let us know when it is ready.
Good news?
[quote]
On 2011-04-18 00:17, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
I was at the producer's house last night.

We've had to go through each of the dozens of pieces of hidden camera footage to blur the faces of the con artists and shills. It's taken a lot more time than we expected!
[/quote]

It's all good news!
Time = Value.
Anybody heard from Nick lately?
I emailed him, but have not heard back yet.
Latest I've seen: http://www.conman.com.au/news/three-disk-monte/
If promises wee food this would be one magnificent buffet.
Hopefully Nicholas wasn't hijacked by one of the street hustlers he has filmed... ;)

I also can't wait to see the final release!
I saw this in my RSS feed this morning.

http://www.conman.com.au/news/three-disk-monte-advance-orders/

Andru
I've ordered my set. I guess that means that there's only 99 left.

Hey, Nicholas, is there any chance I can get number 3?

Sammy

... I bought 75 sets! ;)
Thanks guys for the support.

We sold half of the first run in 48 hours including two to law enforcement agencies in Europe.
I'm in! Can't wait.
My order went in yesterday!
Can't wait!
Getting close…any chance of an “early” release? (!).
Sorry guys.

It's going to be another six weeks.
Kidding!
[quote]
On 2011-07-31 19:28, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
Kidding!
[/quote]

Yes, that was my heart skipping a beat!
[quote]
On 2011-07-31 19:28, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
Sorry guys.

It's going to be another six weeks.
[/quote]

Perhaps he just means another six weeks for his next DVD! :D
Just to let you all know I've sent out the first batch!

Unfortunately, in shrink wrapping the package, a few of the special case was melted! The pedant in me couldn't send them out with wrinkly cases so about dozen will have to go out early next week when I get new cases.
Thanks for all the work you've put into this, Nicholas. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
Nicholas,
Are there any left? I have not been on this forum in a while and missed the release. I did not see anything on the web site stating they were sold out. I went ahead and placed my order.
Hi -

Yep. There are about twenty sets of the first run left.

I've just spent several days repackaging half of the orders due to an incident with an over hot laminator.

I'll be sending those orders out today and tomorrow.
Great I'm looking forward to receiving a set. Payment sent via paypay yesterday.
[img]http://www.conman.com.au/wp-content/uploads/252145_10150261856674952_534919951_7624682_813473_n-448x600.jpg[/img]
Received them today. They are awesome!! Watch for review.

Steve
Anybody else receive theirs? Nicholas took a lot ridicule but he delivered a wonderful product. I have been playing with these a lot and just did them at a show tonight. Nobody had ever seen anyhthing like them and it was a hit. I actually like them better than the cards.

Steve
I got mine, I finished my first viewing, and I'm loving it. I'll post a detailed review later, but for now I'll just say that it taught me things I haven't seen anywhere else, and I've read and watched a lot of monte material.

Andru
I got mine today. Watching it now.
There ought to be more reviews!