(Close Window)
Topic: Favourite Jumbo Effect
What's your favourite Jumbo effect to perform? I really like the Norm Neilson Dinamo spot card. Just thought this might make an interesting thread.
I love a crazy card effect by Gaeton Bloom called Torn & Restored Oil & water... in his lecture notes he describes it with regular cards, but at the end he mentions it can be done with jumbos. As soon as I read that I made them in Jumbo and it is now visible to a larger audience.
Second favorite is Ton Osaka's Lucky Lady.
Third, Jumbo McCombical Prediction.
Greg
"Cloroxo" (Steve Spill)
John, where is this written up? can you please provide a reference? What is the effect?
Thanks

[quote]
On 2002-04-16 06:32, John Pezzullo wrote:
"Cloroxo" (Steve Spill)
[/quote]
John,

I don't know if "Cloroxo" has been put into print. I watched a performance only video featuring Steve Spill several years ago and this was one of the effects that appeared on the video.

The effect is basically a two-phase 'tabled cutting the aces' routine using a jumbo deck with a colour changing deck finish.

On the video, Steve Spill performs the effect in a 'bar magic' type setting with a comedy presentation. The audience, defintely one made up of lay people, reacted strongly to the colour change climax.

Regards,

John
My favourite jumbo card effect has to be joe riding's The Only 3 Card Trick In The World With 4 Cards. In effect, it is like the classic Ken Brooke Sidewalk Suhffle. 3 red cards and one black. You play a monte type game with the black, and it always disappears from where you put it, only to appear somewhere else. Pretty baffling. Climax is that you fool the know it alls completely, ending up with 3 blacks and 1 red. What I love about it is that it uses no fake cards.
I'd like to second Kris' vote for The Only 3 Card Trick In The World With 4 Cards. It is a wonderful routine.

-Uli
Put me down for another vote for the Joe Riding 3 Card Trick With 4 Cards. Have been using this ever since I saw Doug Henning do it many years ago at Pantages theater in LA. Fooled me very badly till I got it. Very effective. Have quieted audiences of unruly teenagers with this routine.
Hi,

Pips a plenty is a strong effect, in the right hands.

Yours faithfully

:devilish: Dan Kirsch :devilish: