(Close Window)
Topic: Quartzsite AZ Flea Markets
Has any one displayed a Zibit or Sideshow act at Quartzsite in Jan. or Feb.?
Message: Posted by: The Curator of the Unusual (Sep 11, 2010 12:44AM)
I played there with the Circus...did well, But that was 25 years ago...Neat Monument to the Camel Corps there also...
I believe Slim Price did. Can't be too sure though...
I donated one to Slim to help him out through hard times but not sure if he showed it or not. The idea was to just have it in a box with a small sign on his wheel chair.

I'll ask Jennie. Jennie was kind enough to return it to me and it is now in a special private collection in northern California. (No, I didn't sell it.)
Doug,
They have huge flea markets there in Jan . and Feb., Most of the people are retired snowbirds. Do you think it would be a good place to set up a Zibit?
I'm looking for an excuse to take my camper to AZ for a month while its cold here in Colo.
All depends on the 'walk by traffic' and which 'event' you park at. There are people of ALL kinds of interests. I'd love to have tried it myself. Occasional 'drive bys' ain't gonna cut it but if you can get where the throngs are...then again if your looking for an 'excuse'...you got one! :)
Don't get me wrong I love Zibits, but isn't the Arizona weather a good enough excuse to come here?

Good Luck,
Fitz

P.S. Don't come right now, it's 105F today.
The weather is a good enough excuse, so get yer butt out here. I'd say the best times are November through the end of January, the second week in February is kinda pushing it. People are starting to go home, and stragglers are here in March. Though I have noticed that there aren't as many people coming in the last 2-3 years.

I'd say go for it.

jennie