(Close Window)
Topic: Superhumans
I've been watching this show by Stan Lee called "Superhumans."
It's kind of similar to the Ripley's show.
They go around and perform tests on people with an extraordinary talent, which Lee calls a "power." There seem to be a lot of sideshow and sideshow related skills on the show.
The title sequence shows someone rolling up a frying pan which is a common strongman stunt which is one of my favorites to perform. They also had the Torture King on an episode titled "Human Speed Bump," which also features a fellow who lets trucks drive over his stomach (another old strongman feat.)
I've only seen a couple episodes but I'm sure there are many more sideshow type people on there.
Message: Posted by: Doctor Mythsonian (Sep 21, 2010 07:16AM)
Steve Santini did some escapes on that show, on the only episode I watched. Weird format, like Stan Lee was some kind of post-production afterthought and pasted in.
Guessing the guy who had the truck drive over his stomach was Tom Owen? Met him in Italy last May.
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Sep 23, 2010 07:47AM)
There's a rip off of that show called "Humanly Impossible", same type of formant without any famous name attached to it. In late December they will feature some guy that can pick up stuff with his nipples.
Message: Posted by: Doctor Mythsonian (Sep 23, 2010 08:11AM)
[quote]
On 2010-09-23 08:47, thegreatnippulini wrote:
There's a rip off of that show called "Humanly Impossible", same type of formant without any famous name attached to it. In late December they will feature some guy that can pick up stuff with his nipples.
[/quote]

December is quite a way off, in TV terms. There's still time to insert taped segments by Donald Trump or Octomom. And, you should TOTALLY sue that other nipple guy ;)
Hey Nipps, I seen you and that Kloeker kid in the Jwinnis book there at the Wal-Mart.
Message: Posted by: thegreatnippulini (Sep 24, 2010 03:08PM)
Yup, that's us in there. Pay no attention to the pets thing, I have no idea where they got that info. Otherwise it's a nice picture of my messy basement.
It was an impressive pic anyway. I can barely lift an anvil with just my hands.