(Close Window)
Topic: Jeff Hinchliffe's blog about card magic.
Hey guys (and gals),

my buddy Jeff Hinchliffe has started a blog online to coincide with his upcoming lecture tour (Ottawa on October 19th, Montreal on the 20th, Fantasma in New York on the 28th and Denny and Lee's in Baltimore on the 30th);

On the blog Jeff discusses magic theory, teaches a few tricks, and discusses his general thoughts on magic. There's already some cool stuff up there and I know he's got more on the way.

Check it out!
http://jhmagic.blogspot.com/
Thanks Ben. Very interesting and well-written. I've bookmarked it.
I love Jeff's work and most definitely will continue to read. Thanks for bringing it to our attention Ben!
Always with the sweet tips, thanks Ben!

MMc
Thanks Ben, this is a really good blog.

I agree with a lot of his thinking, and it's nice to have your opinions reinforced, while at the same time picking up some new tips.
Thanks for the heads up, Ben!
I disagree with EVERYTHING Jeff says.

EXCEPT on magic.

And physics.

And drinking.

I'm not sure what else I've actually talked to him about.
Jeff's Memdeck work is the thing of legend.
On more than one occasion I have been floored by Jeff's card work and I personally can't wait to see what else comes up on his blog!

I usually stay very quiet and low key when approaching magic shops/conventions. Every time I've had the good fortune to see Jeff perform he's fooled me.

Very glad to see a blog coming from him!

J
Nice blog Ben, I'm really excited for what's coming on this.
Jeff is one of those guys I love showing material too- he has the uncanny ability to see it and immediately give me GOOD ideas to improve the piece. The only other person I've seen who's been as insightful and consistent is Joshua Jay... and that's saying something.

I mean, heck, I've seen him KILL with the piano trick. The piano trick! Do you know how weird it is to be nervous about following a guy who just did the piano trick? Is it bothering you reading "piano trick" over and over again? Piano trick?

I know Jeff's got some more stuff coming, but keep in mind that this is, essentially, a teaser to his lecture- if you want to see the goods, and want to see it in person, try and make it to:

Ottawa on October 19th.
Montreal on October 20th.
Fantasma Magic, in New York, on October 28th.
Or Denny and Lee's Magic, in Baltimore, on October 30th.

I'll be with Jeff for the Canadian cities so I hope if you can make it you'll introduce yourself to us and maybe jam a little!

Ben
[quote]
On 2010-10-05 13:15, Ben Train wrote:
Jeff is one of those guys I love showing material too- he has the uncanny ability to see it and immediately give me GOOD ideas to improve the piece. The only other person I've seen who's been as insightful and consistent is Joshua Jay... and that's saying something.

I mean, heck, I've seen him KILL with the piano trick. The piano trick! Do you know how weird it is to be nervous about following a guy who just did the piano trick? Is it bothering you reading "piano trick" over and over again? Piano trick?

I know Jeff's got some more stuff coming, but keep in mind that this is, essentially, a teaser to his lecture- if you want to see the goods, and want to see it in person, try and make it to:

Ottawa on October 19th.
Montreal on October 20th.
Fantasma Magic, in New York, on October 28th.
Or Denny and Lee's Magic, in Baltimore, on October 30th.

I'll be with Jeff for the Canadian cities so I hope if you can make it you'll introduce yourself to us and maybe jam a little!

Ben
[/quote]

Personally, Jeff is one of those guys I love showing material to, while he's drunk. That's often the only way I can fool him.

Now why in the world is Jeff NOT lecturing in Toronto or Niagara Falls for the tour?
Jeff will be lecturing in Toronto at a different time. We're working on it (and maybe something special for Ring 69 as well!).

Niagara falls? Didn't think of it, to be perfectly honest.

Ben
I enjoyed his thoughts on producing a named 4 of a kind. It takes guts to jazz with a mem deck and if he performs it as well as it reads then he's got some serious talent!
Hey guys,

Jeff has a couple of new posts up! Take a look.

Also, Jeff will be lecturing at Fantasma on October 28th, and Denny and Lees in Baltimore on the 30th. (For any Canadians, we will also be in Ottawa on the 19th and Montreal on the 20th).

I would LOVE to see some of you out there, and both of us are looking forward to some jam sessions (Jeff is FAAAAAR better then I am, so don't worry about having to sit through my crap!).

Hope to see you there!
Ben