(Close Window)
Topic: Working a ding
There's been a lot of talk lately about working a ding with various types of sword box... I was wondering what exactly it is that is being shown?

I understand that the ding is the part when punters part with extra cash to see something else. But what do they see?

Are you exposing a trick? In the case of recent posters the sword box, basket... Etc...

I'm always on the look out to make extra cash and in the past I've used a zib as the blow off, when I'm not working it as a grind that is.

Cheers,

Ros
You pretty much nailed it...
The "ding" with a bladebox/basket is that they get to see into the box/basket to find out how the girl contorts around the blades or the state of undress that the girl is in inside the box (Frequently items of clothing are removed so that she can "fit" better) Usually there is a good line and the folks are moved by pretty fast, so they only get a second to peek and frequently don't fully understand what they saw.
It is not one that we do, but we have indeed considered it!
Gwyd
Gwyd, you'd look lovely in a blade box! I'd pay a quarter to see that!
And I would pay you a dollar not to look.

I'm shy like that.
Gwyd
Ros, what you do is get an aluminum dolly and hold it on the outside of the fender. Then, with a ball pein hammer you tap the dent from the inside out, letting the dolly keep the sheet metal flat as possible. To prevent a ding, make sure you park your car away from others so their door won't slam into it.

Oh wait... you were talking about something else.
What Gwyd said applies to the sword basket version we do, too--I suppose it is revealing that the girl inside is not stabbed, but there is an old saying that goes, "Hey, Magic Boy, no one believes your sword basket, anyway."
There's an old line that was used when the remove of a duplicate costume is employed. Whomever is working the ding would say, "Please don't come up here if you want to see a naked girl in the box. This is not about that. So if you come up here to see a naked girl, I don't want to hear about it."

This covers the fact that the girl is not naked.
Wow! I got something right? Cheers for the added info on what it is.

Nips, as always you're a wealth of knowledge. I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm at a mall parking the van ;)