(Close Window)
Topic: Alchemy?
So, I spent the better half of this morning reading about alchemy... Fascinating!!!

Do you know of anyone that has come up with a routine about alchemy? I would love to turn a stainless steal ring into a gold ring or something along those lines. Coins are an easy place to turn too. Any idea where I can go to research this concept?
I have perfomed numerous routines over the years based on alchemy -- but not limited to the transumation of metals which was only a minor part. The key is that what alchemists did was considered magic by observers -- making the seemingly impossible, possible.

The coin effect Alchemist Fantasy is terrific though it needs a better into than the one provided. Contact me if you ever get it -- certainly worth having.
Thank you so much! I'm aware that metalurgy was only a small part of alchemy... I have always been of the mind that alchemists - and henceforth scinetists - came from magic. When our branch broke off into strictly entertainment, I would love to find out!
There is a coin routine/trick that is called Coin Alchemy I think.

It's old and not sure if it's made any more, but it' does exactly what you are talking about.

Randi
There is another trick available called Foreigh Exchange that could be presented as an Alchemy effect.

My research would suggest that Alchemists did not "Come from magic" but were "one with magic" in the sense that outsider would see no difference between giving a patient a chemical to cure him and waving smoke about and chnatting. If the patient recover it was magic. Some Alchemists became scientist and reduced magic into formulas so that they could repeat the effect. Others became magicians focused on repeating the effect by artificial means -- and not for entertainment.

The term comes from "el" meaning godlike, and Chemis -- a secluded area on the upper Nile River where like minded people gathered to share knowledge and learn.
There are many such routines that have been created over many years. Take a look at Bobos. There routines that could easily be adapted to an Alchemy routine.
In his book Top Secret Stuff, Mike Powers has a routine called The Alchemists’ Dream
Foreign Exchange... is that the David Acer effect?