(Close Window)
Topic: Wizardfx.tv
Hi guys.

Just to let you all know Wizard FX TV is now live. Wizardfx.tv is the home of the Wizard Product Review. All of the shows we film are stored on this website and once you are a member you can search for any of the shows we have produced. You can also search for a specific product and if we have reviewed it you will able to watch the show it was featured on. There is also a direct link through to World Magic Store so if there is anything you want to buy (or there is a deal you want to take advantage of) you can do so.

The most exciting part of the site however is that we will be uploading special videos that you will only be able to see if you are a member of the site. These could be special one off Wizard Product Review's or extra routines and handling tips on existing Wizard FX products. Just to get you guys excited here are some of the videos we are planning to upload VERY SHORTLY -

1. The full live and uncut live Wizard Product Review from the LADS Convention featuring special guests Alan Rorrison, Ollie Mealing, David Forest and Mark Oberon. This footage alone is over an hour long and for many people was the hit of the convention.

2. David Jay's Sleeving Lecture from the LADS Convention which was simply brilliant

3. David Penn presents a bonus handling and additional phase for Coinvexed 2 which takes a modern classic and adds even more impact

4. A bonus routine filmed for my new DVD 'Slim' which never made it onto the DVD due to space constraints but is very good indeed. This will be performed and explained in full.

5. A very clever routine by David Jay which again is simply brilliant.

6. A special bonus routine that takes a concept from my Pool Ball Miracles DVD and turns it on it's head.

7. Lots more including huge competitions and bonus routines from guest magicians.

It's free to sign up. All you do is go to the website put in your name and your email address. You will then be sent a password which you use to log into the site. Once there log into your profile and change your password to whatever you want. Do not forget your password, the forgotten password function does not work at the moment, however we are working on it!

So there you have it. Head over to the website http://www.wizardfx.tv and sign up now and thanks for your continued support.

Craig and Dave
Hi craig
hope you are well buddy
I've registered but am having trouble signing in?
are you having problems with the site at the moment or is it me being a dufus??
cheers!
matt
Hey Craig,

Signed up! Love the reviews and looking forward to the upcoming bonus videos. I finally picked up Coinvexed 2 and have been loving it. Tried it for the first time for real people on Saturday and it killed. I'm looking forward to that video especially.

How have you been? Haven't spoken to you in ages!

-AH
I also am having problems signing it. I've registered, am typing the password in correctly, but it's not going through.
When I registered it logged me in immediately, without needing to enter a username or password. A randomly generated password was then emailed to me, but I was able to change it to something I could remember.

-AH
Seems to be working for me now.
I'm having trouble just opening the site?????? its says the server is down
Wow this is great thanks Creig
Can't get in either.
Sorry about the issues you guys are having it should all be resolved today. The site might go down while it is being fixed but only for a short while.

Thanks for your patience.

Craig

[quote]
On 2010-11-01 19:35, Adam Hince wrote:
Hey Craig,

Signed up! Love the reviews and looking forward to the upcoming bonus videos. I finally picked up Coinvexed 2 and have been loving it. Tried it for the first time for real people on Saturday and it killed. I'm looking forward to that video especially.

How have you been? Haven't spoken to you in ages!

-AH
[/quote]
Hi Adam,

Hope your well, things are good cheers mate, thanks for the kind words.

Dave Penn's Coinvexed 2 bonus video is very highly anticipated judging by the emails I've had. Wait till you see it, this is going to take your routine to another level!

Craig

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 7:59pm
All problems fixed!!!

Dave and I also filmed a bunch of stuff to put on the site next week. Dave is hard at work on the LADS footage so that should be uploaded soon as well.

But we need your help, is there anything you would like to see on there? Don't worry about exposure- you will only be able to see the videos if you a member of the site. So what would you like us to put up there? Let us know here!

Craig
David Penn's lecture is on wizard.tv right now under "test". Really great stuff!
I'd love to hear the price of these things during the reviews...

The existing list of show-dates is nice, but a list of all the items reviewed would be nice, too.

Great work, guys, you are changing the game.
Still haven't received my password to get in. It does show that I'm registered, but no password yet and I have tried to get it through the forgotten password system, but no Email -- at least not yet. Looking forward to checking it out though!

Robert
Hi Craig.

Are you aware that http://wizardfx.tv gives access to your site's files?

Whoever is administering your site really needs to lock that down.

Best

JK

Edit: Its only partial access. Still it really should return a 404 or better yet redirect to www
Hey guys. The site isn't working for me. Anyone else having troubles?
No problems. Wonderful site. It's going to be fun watching it grow.

Benny
Woot! I just saw that Dave's lecture from the Magic Circle is on there! I had a really fun (and informative) time watching that! Thanks so much Dave and Craig. :)
Great lecture with great insight. Would have paid to see it.
I'm also having trouble with the website. What a shame!
I was only able to view when I first signed up. I am no longer able to log in with my email and password that was setup.
Hopefully, all the problems with the site should now be sorted. If there are more problems let me know and Dave and I will deal with it. Obviously this is a new site and we are going to have problems at the beginning but they should all be sorted soon.

I would like to take a few seconds to explain what we are trying to achieve with Wizard FX TV. Basically we are trying to give back to the customers of Wizard FX and World Magic Shop.

Our goal is to have an absolute stack of free material on the site that you would normally have to pay for but give it away free. For example we have just uploaded David Penn's Magic Circle Lecture live onto the site. This is something that we could have put on DVD and charged for but it is online for free. If you have seen the lecture he goes through some amazing effects and talks about a lot of important theory. Many people have said it is the best lecture they have seen EVER - and its totally free.

Later this week we will be uploading my Magic Circle Lecture as well which will again be totally free. In fact some of the things we have planned you won't believe. Again this is material we could have charged for but you are going to see it for free if you are a member of the site.

Wizard FX Productions have put a lot of material out over the years and you guys have supported those products from the beginning. This is our way of saying thanks! As I said there is going to be some great material uploaded soon including alternative handlings of many classic Wizard FX effects.

If you have any suggestions with the site let me know and thanks once again for listening.

Craig
Craig,

Still not able to get the password to access the site. Just a quick rundown on the details in case someone else is having the same issue. When I signed up, I was able to access at that time without a password. Never received a password via Email, nor have I been able to get one by going through the forgotten password system. I did however try to sign up again, but it tells me that my Email is already registered.

Thanks and good luck with the site,

Robert
The site seems down - or hacked - at the moment, since the only thing I'm seeing is the root index, postinfo.html and two folders: cgi-bin and /images. No webpage or anything else.

EDIT: OK I found the problem: I didn't put www. in front of wizardfx.tv. I think it would be a good idea to fix the DNS problem still though. :)
I can't get on it either!!!
it keeps telling me that my password doesn't match me email which simply isn;t true.
:-(
Same problem here

steve
I get on with:

http://88.208.208.169/
[quote]
On 2010-11-13 16:31, Elliott Hodges wrote:
I can't get on it either!!!
it keeps telling me that my password doesn't match me email which simply isn;t true.
:-(
[/quote]

I am having the same issue ??
Tried registering again twice but have not received another password yet.
Grrrr!.. Technology !!!

Paul Mc.
I'm really sorry about the issues guys.

I thought everything was sorted now. One of the best things to do is as soon as you log in change your password. The forgotten password is now working and I thought everything else was to.

I will speak to Dave and get back to you all. As you all know it is a new site and we will have teething problems at the beginning but we are all working to get it sorted ASAP.

Craig
I was able to see about 4-5 reviews today Craig. Very well done and very funny and informative at the same time!

Decomposed
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Nov 20, 2010 03:01PM)
Hey Guys!

I just checked on the website, eager to watch the Craig Petty lecture but I I'm getting is a blank box instead of a video player.
I am too Michael; I checked earlier today got excited...and then got disappointed when it didn't work! Hopefully it will be up soon though!
Hey guys.

Well done for noticing, you are correct my Kiddology Lecture from earlier this year is being uploaded to the site and should be available to view by tomorrow. This was a very received lecture that many people said was the hit of the convention. I hope you enjoy It and any feedback would be appreciated.

We are working on getting a stack more stuff uploaded this week.

Craig.
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Nov 20, 2010 08:22PM)
Looking forward to it Mr. Petty! I love your stuff, and Mr. Penn's lecture was fantastic so I'm looking forward to this.
Any word on the full Wizard Product Review from LADS being uploaded soon?
The site is still too buggy. I think it was no where near release ready when it went live and it still isn't now... For all the site is I do not know what the issue is with the developers
Hey guys...just found the site. Great stuff...thanks for putting this up...

Ken
[quote]
On 2010-11-20 20:33, Craig Petty wrote:
Hey guys.

Well done for noticing, you are correct my Kiddology Lecture from earlier this year is being uploaded to the site and should be available to view by tomorrow. This was a very received lecture that many people said was the hit of the convention. I hope you enjoy It and any feedback would be appreciated.

Craig.
[/quote]

Hi Guys,

This is finally sorted and available for free.

Cheers

Dave
[quote]
On 2010-11-29 10:27, dp wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-11-20 20:33, Craig Petty wrote:
Hey guys.

Craig.
[/quote]

Finally got to see the Lecture. I thought it was fantastic, really enjoyed it. I did want to reach into the screen and hold you steady though. The side to side movement was making me dizzy. :)

Great job Craig,
Phil
Is there anywhere to get your coin bag, Craig? I see Attack of the Bag is sold out everywhere, but I would be happy with just the bag. Those routines were really magical, especially considering how easy they are to do!

Adam
I tried several times. Every time it stopped after played for about 5 minutes. Then it just restart again from the beginning. Anyone has the same problem.
I never was able to change my password as I was never given that option. I still have not received, or been able to recover my password either -- it has just never worked and honestly I've just stopped trying. Good idea, just too bad it doesn't work -- at least not consistantly.

Robert
[quote]
On 2010-11-29 17:37, baskitboy5 wrote:
Is there anywhere to get your coin bag, Craig? I see Attack of the Bag is sold out everywhere, but I would be happy with just the bag. Those routines were really magical, especially considering how easy they are to do!

Adam
[/quote]

Hi,

I found the Attack of the bag and Return of the bag combo here. They come with two coin bags as well. http://www.worldmagicstore.com/return-attack-combo-craig-petty-p-5715.html . This is definitely on my buy list. The lecture was excellent.

-octave
I still can not resolve the buffer problem. Maybe I should stop watch it until the problem is solved
I've had so much great feedback about my Kidology lecture, thanks so much for the feedback. I cannot understand why a couple of you are having problems seeing the lecture. As far as I am aware all the problems with the site have been fixed.

I will look into it for you though.

Craig
[quote]
On 2010-12-02 05:37, Craig Petty wrote:
I've had so much great feedback about my Kidology lecture, thanks so much for the feedback. I cannot understand why a couple of you are having problems seeing the lecture. As far as I am aware all the problems with the site have been fixed.

I will look into it for you though.

Craig
[/quote]

It's working for me now Craig...Thanks for putting it up!
Thanks for putting your new ROUGHED online... free no less! You guys absolutely rock!
Awesome!!!!

Best
Dom
Thank you, Craig, for putting out "Roughed" for free on Wizard TV. I had no problem watching it. The Lottery Coincidence was a terrific effect. A great Christmas present from you for the magic community.

John
Hey Craig,

What's the deal with WizardFX lately? It doesn't look like it's been updated since Dec 15 and I know you guys have done several shows since then.

Loved your latest show!
Mike
Hi Mike,

It's all my fault with the Christmas season. Will be updated this week.

Cheers
Hey! Congrats on getting your own slot at the Café. This will be much easier to find now. Sweet!
Hello! DavidPenn and CraigPetty

I really feel exciting to write this to you cause I am a professional magician in china and I really enjoy
the reviews you guys do. it is a pity that china have restrictions to see things on youtube and facebook so I break the restrictions every wednesday to see your reviews and I did not miss any one of them
also last year in beijing a club call "goose&duck" did something like a magic club so they haired some magicians from american
and I know many good magicians like farrell dillon ,arthur trace,jordan wright cause of that .also I am good friend of Greg irwin he is the one creat the finger fitness. For now I am working in a organization called "college magic" it is a organization cover all the college in beijing doing shows and training web sit, lecture, etc about magic

here is my video link
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjM4MzUyNjI0.html
and
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQ0OTQ2MjMy.html
it is a video site in china I am not know if you could see that , anyway I love your review and I will keep watching you ,rocking on~

Rock yu
Nicely done and nicely filmed.
Very nice Rocky
I think some of the problems might be browser based.
Safari doesn't like playing the movies right off... though they dl eventually.
but Firefox works okay.

d
Thanks to Steve, Craig and David.

Having your own category on the Café' makes perfect sense!
When is wizard FX gonna be updated?
Hi Craig and David, another very entertaining show - keep up the good work and the reviews ! who ever they offend.
Hey Craig,

I have seen the free lectures.
Thank you nvery much for that free gift!!!
In your lecture you are speaking about a DVD 'close-up-for-kids'.
Can you tell me were I can find information about it?

Thanks a lot, Arie.
Cannot log in even though my details are correct ! Don't know why it won't let me, gutted :(
I'm having the same problem. I managed to get in once but it hadn't been updated yet. Better off checking here to keep up to date. I've given up on wizardfx.tv which is a shame as the search function was useful!
The site is completely updated and working nicely, thanks for the "Roughed" video!
Intriguing.. none of the pictures load for me
I love your reviews and your honesty
Your show is awesome and very informative and well produced! I look forward to the show each week!
[quote]
On 2010-11-29 17:37, APC wrote:

Adam
[/quote]
I have a bag if you want it
So is there any way around the wizardfx.tv website? I've tried for a few months to actually register on the site.As soon as I enter in my name and password, the site refreshes right back to the registration site. I've been trying to see the Roughed video since shortly after it was relaeased. Thanks for any ideas or advice for accessing the site.

Jeff
[quote]
On 2011-08-18 15:08, presto77 wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-11-29 17:37, APC wrote:

Adam
[/quote]
I have a bag if you want it
[/quote]

Myles sinclare from magical wonders in Watford, has the bags on special offer if you are still looking.
http://www.magicalwonders.com/acatalog/Special_MW_Sale2.shtml
I signed up at the wizardfx.tv website because I wanted to do a search for a review, but the newest episode I see on there is from March. Is the site still being updated?
Crickets...

So it looks like wizardfx.tv has been abandoned. That's too bad. No official notice about it? Any other place we can find an index of product reviews?

So this didn't work out, at least you could have given some notice of it. I'm disappointed. Doesn't look too good on you guys...
Craig and Davis, I am big fan of your Wizard Product review! Its like hanging out 1/2 hour each week with 2 cool, funny guys. Thanks for saving us from buying products with "issues". While not revealing the method, you give us enough to make an informed decision on the products reviewed. While I don't agree with every review, most (98% plus) are dead on. Some of your reviews (such as the "animatronic" dove) are downright hysterical. Keep up the good work. If your magic is as good as your reviews, you guys must be awesome Magicians. If you guys find yourselves in the U.S. and are interested in being in an Episode of Star Trek, contact me as we are filming in June.
I realy like you reviews. It's so fresh and inside a happy atmosphere.
I spend each week 30 minutes disconnected from my life.
Wish you continue for a long time!
[quote]
On 2012-01-06 11:31, oly92 wrote:
I realy like you reviews. It's so fresh and inside a happy atmosphere.
I spend each week 30 minutes disconnected from my life.
Wish you continue for a long time!
[/quote]

I totally agree with that! I´m also looking forward to these shows every week, and its really useful when you thinking of buying anything to hear someones opinion of it. Just to look at the commercial videos is not enough to know what you really get.
This is what happens for me when I try to even get to the site itself:

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Same here I cant get on either
Wizardfx.tv and WPR on Itunes were great resources. Was hoping these would be updated.
Don't think so at the moment! Last thing on their minds. Or would they include the episode about Jeff & Wayne?
The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth in regards to WPR...I hope in a future episode they review some of McBrides and Dobsons material...it would be a nice gesture of good will
All died of death now

from the lack of response I guess they are no longer in I tunes or Wizardfx.tv
[quote]
On 2013-02-04 10:08, JackMagic wrote:
All died of death now

from the lack of response I guess they are no longer in I tunes or Wizardfx.tv
[/quote]

Hi Jack

Your post is very dramatic so I thought I would respond to you my friend.

Wizard FX TV was set up solely to search the Wizard Product Review and to make at easy as possible for you guys to search the show's reviews.

Jon at WMS set up a brand new site last year with a much more accurate search feature.

Wizard FX was created to help viewers that had requested that we try and create somthing to make the show more searchable. The fact that we now have a better system for searching does mean that it became obsolete. To say it died a death is, I feel, a bit strong and negative. I prefere to say that it lived a short and usefull life.

ITunes is just a nightmare. Any advice on getting this sorted would be welcomed. We couldn't get it to go live on time which led to hundreds of complaints every week. It felt like we were letting people down more than providing a good service. Some people just like to focus on the negatives in life and I would get quite a few messages really having a go that it wasn't live on iTunes on time. When your trying to please people, this is frustrating.

As with Wizard FX, we tried but it just wasn't providing the service we want for viewers of the show. If that means that ideas die a death along the way then so be it. We are just trying to constantly provide a good, reliable,free, weekly service and this always results in casualties.

Cheers

Dave
Hi Dave

Thanks for your update

My comments was referring to the Orignal post

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=485811&forum=289&18

I do enjoy your weekly show the iTunes was very usefull
for watching off line

However if that's what has been decided all is cool !
Hey Dave!

Coming from the perspective of someone who LOVED having it on iTunes, it doesn't matter to me whether or not it was uploaded on time. After all, it IS on Youtube... the people complaining can just watch it there first. I just liked having an archive on my iPod for long car rides and such.
[quote]
On 2013-02-04 18:46, Michaelmystic2003 wrote:
Hey Dave!

Coming from the perspective of someone who LOVED having it on iTunes, it doesn't matter to me whether or not it was uploaded on time. After all, it IS on Youtube... the people complaining can just watch it there first. I just liked having an archive on my iPod for long car rides and such.
[/quote]

Yup, me too. Having a playlist of episodes to catch up with on an iPod was very good-- especially when traveling and internet connectivity isn't a given.
You could just call the iTunes version

Wizard Product Reviews Archives

That would please everyone !
I hate to sound greedy, but is there any way to still see the free stuff was on wizardfx.tv like the rough dvd and the lecture?
Staff note: the Wizardfx.tv site has not been available for quite some time. David has explained why earlier in the topic. The thread is being left here for historical purposes only.