(Close Window)
Topic: Garrett Thomas "Banded"
Garretts new effect "Banded" is now available on my site

http://www.kozmomagic.com

Its pre-sale BUT you will get it before anyone else.

Koz
I might just have to have this! Looks great!
When is it being offically released Koz
The production is done and its at replicating.... I will have them late next week or early the week after and its available pre-sale on my site :) Normally $70 its $60 on the site and theres price protection on this product so its not going to be discounted....

Thanks
Thanks for the heads up
Hi Kozmo:

Did I read somewhere that you will be making a 19mm ring later on? I'm normally a 8.5, so I'm guessing a 19mm would be the right size.

Bob
Yea, we will be working on a few other sizes soon....I'm betting that the 20MM will work for you....
I received this today. I really like the handling. If you're into magic with finger rings at all, you should get this.
The ring is nicely made and looks good. And, a little bonus I didn't realize until I received it is that the ring will adhere to a magnet.

I've always like Garrett Thomas' Ring Thing, and this is a great effect to use either before or after.
Ring thing is very good to routine with this.
Gold Finger is a fantastic impromptu ring melting through a finger and the ring for Banded is perfect for it.
Anyone who has Simply Harkey(out of print)should check it out.

In gold finger,you put the ring on your finger all the way down and hold the hand palm up,then the ring visually melts up and falls over in the palm and you simply move the hand forward for the spectator to examine or keep,if it is their ring and nothing is added or taken away from start to finish(just like Ring Thing).

Using Banded in conjuction with GF & RT(not that you need them)allows me to perform an elegant routine which uses three different methods that is visually beautiful and very deceptive,and all I need is banded for the complete routine.

Ordered Banded which shipped friday,so I'm really looking forward to it getting here!

S
I agre with Steve that GF is a very nice routine since it needs a thick band, which the Banded ring is perfect.

Kozmo, I got a question regarding choosing the size. Normally the prior hand's finger sizes are larger than the other, which means if you are right hander then your right hand figer should be bigger than your left hand and vice versa. So when we choose the right, the measurement should take into account of which hand and which finger (Ring finger or middle finger? Since Middle finger is bigger).

Probably plenty of members are married and wear a ring, would it be a bit odd to wear it ontop of the wedding band? Although I know it's probably down to each other preference but looking at the trailor the ring can slide into all 4 fingers.

Thanks,
Bob
I was thinking about wearing mine on top of my wedding ring....so maybe its weird but its what I'm going to do...but I will perform the routine on the other finger.
Isn't this Jay Sankey's? Garrett Thomas is boring and entertaining anyway.
Sorry the other hand....
No reviews of this yet?
Is the ring examinable?
Yes
Is there only one ring?
Sort of.....
I was one of the few who pre-ordered this and those who have dealt with Koz knows he is a stand up guy with great customer service. All my questions were answered and the shipment came on time. If you have never dealt with Koz, please don't hesitate as he stands behind all his products and his products are ALL real workers.

As for banded, considering I have tiny fingers and kinda ugly(from cracking them), it took more practice to accomplish this effect as I had to watch for angles. BUT that's the beauty of this effect, you need practice to get it down as smooth as Garrett and practice is always the fun part bout being a magician. Everything has been thought out in this routine and every move makes sense, Garrett goes is great detail and the alternative angles really help with the learning aspect of the effect. I showed it to a couple of friends after a couple of days of practice and it got amazing reactions. The DVD is good, the ring and gimmick is made really well. The only thing I would request though is that they might make a smaller size ring compared to the 20MM one. I have tiny fingers (8.5) and I think if Koz were to produce a one size smaller ring to sell it would be much easier and I could actually wear the ring without it falling out.

In summary, great customer service, great product. If you wanted to do something like what Cyril showed on TV, this is something you consider.
Heres some more footage

its actually a portion of the routine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7I9FBQ0ZY4
Got this the other day and it's brilliant! Different gimmick than I expected but in a good way. Garrett was really smart about how to use this gimmick; it's super clever. Ring is very nicely made and the size I got fits my style as well. I recommend it!
Banded is absolutely brilliant, however I've noticed that after a few days of using the ring, a slight discoloration has appeared on the metal. Has anyone else had issues with this? Any solutions?
[quote]
On 2011-11-27 11:40, Feli wrote:
Banded is absolutely brilliant, however I've noticed that after a few days of using the ring, a slight discoloration has appeared on the metal. Has anyone else had issues with this? Any solutions?
[/quote]

After I wear this I get a brown discoloration around my finger. It is obviously the type of metal the ring is made of. It would be much better in Stainless Steel.The discoloration also affects the trick for the keen observer.

Chappelly
Guys, The ring was plated and should not do this. However there have been a few instances where this has happened. Shoot me an emal and we will take care of you

heres my email
kozmomagic@me.com

sorry for the problem.

koz
Great service as usual Kozmo.

Thanks.

Chappelly
Kozmo's service is top notch, and Garrett is also a great teacher.

Really like this effect, and some bonuses that are on the DVD are quite nice.

My daughter loves effects with rings, and when talking about her favorite trick she goes back to this one. She is 6, and loves magic. For her, this is true magic.

RevJohn
Can the ring be used for normal ring routines aswell, (is there two rings, a gimmicked and a normal) PM me if this would expose the secret
Yes it can
Ok thanks, I might buy this...
[quote]
On 2012-01-03 17:56, Hugh Entwistle wrote:
Can the ring be used for normal ring routines aswell, (is there two rings, a gimmicked and a normal) PM me if this would expose the secret
[/quote]

This ring is perfect for other routines such as ring on string. I wear it every day.
Is the ring, good quality, I'd like replies from members who have been performing banded for a long time so there would e no question about the durability
The ring will last forever.....its steal that's plated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCuWsibMg-A&context=C3da109aADOEgsToPDskLhaK-q_TBxkAZamInoP6zI&noredirect=1
Great ring, worth it for all your ring on string effects and Ring Thing even if you don't do banded.
Does anyone have any tips regarding the potential clinking on the third and pinky finger when the gimmick is transferred to the third finger. Garrett doesn't mention anything regarding this on his dvd. For me it could be the fact that the ring size I use is size 23, which is the biggest on offer which doesn't offer much space between the fingers with the ring in place. And I can't seem to be able to avoid the clinking.
Actually we do sell a 24 and 25 MM
Hi Koz,

Are there any tips that you can provide in terms of avoiding the clinking of the gimmick when it reaches my third finger?

Thanks

Baobow
Just spread your fingers a little one.... Work with it and it will come....
I have one on the way and am looking forward to learning the routine.
Sounds like a bargin if you can have it examined and used for other effects as well.
(Just hope I got the right size!)
You can
Mine is for sale if anyone is interested - see the 'for sale' section.
Well just got my branded and I think the ring is way too big.
Got a 23mm but it is more like a 24.
Extremely difficult to conceal the gimmick at this size.
Hopefully I can oover come that somehow....
If ou have a problem let me know

Koz
If I wear a size 12 on my 4th (index) finger but need a 15 for my middle finger to slide on/off, what size would I order? Help anyone.
Used to perform this all the time but had to give it up. I donít have those nice meaty fingers that conceal the gimmick at the very end display. The gimmick always peeks through the side of my middle and fingers. Any suggestions or alternate handlings for the last phase concealment?
Maybe Iíll just clip one side . That seems to work