(Close Window)
Topic: Wallet
Hey,
I am really looking for a wallet with "magical abilities."
If anyone knows of a good deal on one, I am able to trade or buy.
thanks.
Welcome to the Café!

I find your 1st post kind of a mystery. What "magical abilties" are you looking for in a wallet. Magic, mentalism, exchanges, cards, coins, or what, some wallets can do several things, but not all wallets do everything.

There are hundreds of wallets on the market currently, could you clairfy a little.
Well, I am fairly new to wallets, so I am open.
I definitely would like one for a card to wallet for the end of my ACR routine. I have been looking at the Stealth Assassin wallet, but I think those are a little out of my price range. I like the "Cataclysm" effect, and would like a wallet useful for that. I am new to this genre of magic, so I am just looking for something to find and devlop routines for.
Most wallets are in the $70 to $100 range, as they are made of leather, which is not a cheap material.

I found the Mak Magic Card to Wallet an excellent product for $30.00. It is a copy of a more expensive version, but that version is a copy of the original.

Go to http://www.stoners.com and enter card in wallet in the search engine. Click on the top reference 'card in wallet'. You can see the picture and order if you like this billfold version. This version does use palming the card.
Do you want a palm or no palm wallet? That's a big factor for deciding the right wallet to buy.
[quote]
On 2010-11-03 08:27, Brittain Bass wrote:
Well, I am fairly new to wallets, so I am open.
I definitely would like one for a card to wallet for the end of my ACR routine. I have been looking at the Stealth Assassin wallet, but I think those are a little out of my price range. I like the "Cataclysm" effect, and would like a wallet useful for that. I am new to this genre of magic, so I am just looking for something to find and devlop routines for.
[/quote]

"Wallet" is not a genre of magic; it's a prop. It may be gimmicked or not; it may be an integral part of the plot or effect or it may appear to be non-important.

It you want to do card to wallet, then perhaps you might research all of the various methods for performing the effect. In doing so you may determine that you can use whatever wallet you use in "real" life.
[quote]
On 2010-11-03 20:39, Donal Chayce wrote:
[It you want to do card to wallet, then perhaps you might research all of the various methods for performing the effect. In doing so you may determine that you can use whatever wallet you use in "real" life.
[/quote]

I have been in magic for 50 years, and do not know how one would go about researching all of the methods for performing the card in wallet effect. I had to purchase 10 different wallets to collect 10 different or sleightly different methods. Outside of Ed Marlo, I don't know of any other reference for the card in wallet using an everyday wallet.

If you would like to list the references, I would appreciate it. I am always open to learning how to find all the methods without investment or references. I must have been doing it wrong all these years.
Check out the Triple Threat, and Hip Bombshell wallets here. Also, if you are interested in a palm style, you can go for the modifier, which makes any wallet into a Real Man's Style wallet.

http://www.rfaproductions.com/products/effects.htm

Tony Miller makes great stuff and he is a great guy.
If you goggle: Wallets, Magic you'll pull up a really good reference source on the various types of magic wallets. The Wallet Book is another good source of information.
The original LePaul routine didn't use a wallet but found the ACR card in a sealed envelope amongst a packet of envelopes. Just as strong a reaction from laymen as using an expensive wallet.
[quote]
On 2010-11-03 21:02, wmhegbli wrote:
[quote]
On 2010-11-03 20:39, Donal Chayce wrote:
[It you want to do card to wallet, then perhaps you might research all of the various methods for performing the effect. In doing so you may determine that you can use whatever wallet you use in "real" life.
[/quote]

I have been in magic for 50 years, and do not know how one would go about researching all of the methods for performing the card in wallet effect. I had to purchase 10 different wallets to collect 10 different or sleightly different methods. Outside of Ed Marlo, I don't know of any other reference for the card in wallet using an everyday wallet.

If you would like to list the references, I would appreciate it. I am always open to learning how to find all the methods without investment or references. I must have been doing it wrong all these years.
[/quote]

Bill, I gotta tell ya, you put the mud in curmudgeon. Why the sarcasm? Why the snarky tone?

It was not my intention that the OP take my suggestion to research [b]all[/b] of the methods literally, rather it was to encourage him to do some research before rushing out to purchase a prop.

Now, in answer to your question, Jerry Mentzer's [i]The Card to Wallet Book[/i] might be a good place for him (and you) to start.
Jerry Mentzer's The Card to Wallet Book, that's the book I was referring to.

Here's a link to the article I was talking about:
http://magicref.tripod.com/magref/artwallet.htm
Here is a link to a little review on some of the no palm card to wallet props. It started a nice discussion on the various props available.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=586&forum=113

There are even more versions available since that little review but that will get you started in your research.