(Close Window)
Topic: Non-Vent, but CIRCUS!
I'm guessing that at least some of you love the circus as much as I do. Last night PBS started showing a 6-part series in which a film crew followed the Big Apple Circus during the 2008-9 season--from the inception of the show through its tour. The documentary is much more about what goes on outside the tent than inside, and it concentrates on the people of the circus, from the stars in the ring to the tent crew.

It's beautifully shot and edited, and I found the first two hours totally enthralling. It's being shown on Wednesday nights. As they say, check your local listings.

Bob
Also downloadable on itunes!
It is simply great!
I am a huge Big Apple Circus fan!
There should be more REAL circus shows around rather than that "circus" continually playing in Washington D.C.!! IMHO.
We watched it too! FASCINATING!!
I haven't seen (or heard of) it, being in the UK.

I was wondering why it was called the big apple circus? Doesn't seem a very catchy or showbusiness sort of name.

Just Googled it and it came up with a map. Doh! Now I know!

I guess not everything is so obvious if you are not in the USA!

Sounds fascinating! I will see if ITunes will let me download it (probably not).

Regards

Carl
Big Apple has a genius resident clown Barry Lubin who performs as Grandma.
One of the greatest silent entertainers around.

Check Grandma out in the video from the International Circus Festival of Budapest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVML3a3ynMc
Here is some video of the PBS series...
http://video.pbs.org/program/1532326637/
Eddie,

Thanks for that. Just had a quick look - it looks great!

Regards

Carl
I am loving this miniseries.It's so well made and I'm seeing the kind of stuff I was hoping to see. I am particularly interested in the performers and directors and their desire for perfecting every little thing. They've been doing this for years and years, they have so much success, but they still let nothing by. I love seeing the respect they have for their art.