(Close Window)
Topic: The spinning ring...
Who was the originator of the horizontal spin which is given to the floating ring in Mesika's hovering? Was that his?
It's really a great idea and looking at a thread which commented about his trailer before the release of the Tarantula, no one seemed to have figured it out.
I've noticed that the spin actually helps to hide the method.
I think that you are referring to the Steve Fearson's hook up
Fearson's hook-up did not include the spin as performed with the Tarantula. This was being done with playing cards (the Hover Card) years ago with a slightly different hook-up. Mesika probably spun the ring to keep it from looking like a heavy object hanging on a string.

Jim
Jim has correctly comprehended what I was talking about.
Obviously the creator of the hook-up used by Mesika to float the spinning ring was Steve Fearson.

The spin in the Hover card similarly serves to give the floating object a stability that it would otherwise lack.

James George performed a floating spinning ball using the Fearson hook-up on one of the Ammar etmtm dvds.

What I was fooled by was the actual method by which the ring was attached to the hook-up in order to facilitate the spin...I originally imagined something more complicated.
As so often in magic, Occam's razor applies.