(Close Window)
Topic: Afghan Bands
I remember seeing a gospel application to the Afghan Bands when I was a kid... anyone use them, and if so, what's the message?
John - when you perform them or watch them being performed, what do/can they say to you?
I have never used the Afghan Bands myself, but you can find a gosepel application if you follow this link: http://www.professorwonder.com/magic4.htm
All the best
Thomas
You could just perform it and then ask members of the audience what message or scripture passage came to them.. There are so many possibilites, why limit discussion to your perceptions?
Thanks everyone!
Thomas, I followed the link, and it references the "Sermons in Magic" series that I remembered having the application, back when I was a kid.
The version we sell is called "Forever Connected" It is made with a zipper and comes with two routines. Using the zipper is a huge improvement as you don't have to keep making it over and over again. If the zipper gets dirty, just throw it in the washing machine.
Steve, you say "a zipper" -- so does it only allow the first separation, or the second as well to form two linked rings?
"Forever Connected" indeed allows for the ongoing rings: the first unzipping results in two separate rings, the second and third unzippings result in two linked rings, then one large ring.

Yes, as Steve said, it is a huge improvement, because nothing has to be made over and over again.
I second that with Chaucer.