(Close Window)
Topic: JOL Plus Wallet vs Stealth Assassin V1.1
Hi, I am searching for a new wallet. Which one would you recommend:
- JOL Plus Wallet by Jerry O'Connell or
- Stealth Assassin V1.1. by Peter Nardi
I know that both are very good wallets but which one would you buy?

Thank you Matt
I personally use the JOL because of the many different features it offers. It's well made and a classy looking prop. I can't personally speak to the Stealth Assassin as I haven't used it, though I enjoy Peter's work. I'd certainly recommend the JOL however. It's a nice item and has many different uses.
Maybe the link below could help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O58ZQPGz8p8
Hi Aftereight

Like Andrewzuber, I don't have a Stealth Assassin wallet but have a JOL Plus Wallet. I've had a couple of the cheaper end of the market wallets but finally settled on the JOL wallet for it's versatility.

It's a well made wallet and excellent quality.

I would heartily recommend it.

Hope that this helps

Michael
Thank you for the answers. You help me decided, so I will buy JOL Plus Wallet.

Have a nice day

Matt
Should anyone else be looking for a wallet the JOL has one other great feature....it works as an everyday wallet too!
Just got my JOL Plus wallet recently and is very pleased with it. Highly recommended.
Glad you're pleased with it! I love mine and use it every day.
I have a JOL Basic Wallet, which I think is called the EZ, now. The craftsmanship is excellent and I've used it for years. It's easy to load, too.
Does the JOL have the issue that bills won't fit in it in a standard fashion?
I have the JOL Plus wallet. The tall one (I think that's the name) and it has many useful things available to it.
Apparently bill will not fit unfolded into the small JOL plus wallet
I would highly recommend the JOL wallet also.
I have had mine for over 2 yrs in regular use as a daily wallet and for effects.The first one of these I received was not quite up to scratch as the stitching was coming away from the back pocket. I thought I would see how it went but it didn't last.I emailed Jerry and he happily exchanged it. I think he was shocked yo find that this wallet had hot through his quality control.

Like I said the subsequent wallet is superb.

I am also able to do an effect combining the wallet and another well known item made by someone else. I have wondered which of the two parties I should contact ti let know about this magnificent combo , anyone any ideas ?

regards Dave.
Wait till you see the Sho-Gun. We own all rights to this now (well as of 2 years ago), direct from Elbert Gardner, the creator. No one has license to produce it, use the name, copy or alter the design. Its tiring seeing all the new stuff saying it has this feature, it is not theirs to steal. You may have seen a recent ad from someone else saying they had permission, not sure if 20 years ago they did or not, I am told by the creator no never, but they certainly do not have it now. Shame shame. There are a ton of variations, all un-autorized by the way. But none come close to our quality. :)

Hard to find these posts due to search limitations, so sorry for delay. Large Plus fits bills flat out, no folding, Small plus is 3/4 in shorter, which makes it a tiny bit too short to do this. But the benefits are possibility to use in back and side pockets, and seems to be liked more in the US. What I do is put a small acordian fold in the center of a few bills to shorten them, they look perfect. Bottom line, my belief is I NEVER use my real wallet, drop it on tables, have it in public with anything real of mine in it. The risk is too great. Ask many working Pros how many times they have lost a wallet. Turn your back I second, poof, just not worth the risk if you work a lot in the real world, do not ever want to make identity theft easier. It isn't if, it's just a matter of when. For friends and family, fine, not an issue. Hope that helps.

And those of you who know me, if you buy them from me, and there is ever any issue, there is never an issue. Period.
Hi,

Thanks for the info. I went and see the JOL Sho-Gun Wallet and the whole collection of wallets and there is one question that I would like to ask you. Why don't you do the video presentation??? ....and try to compare them. It would really help us to choose the right one. I would buy even more of them, but I want to see them in action. I bought three "very good" and expansive wallets and they were....well let's just say I don't use them... The JOL Sho-Gun Wallet reads like great wallet, but I would like to see it in action before buy it. (My english is not very good so I hope you understand me). JOL Plus Wallet is really good one.

Have a nice day

Matt
Appologies, I wish I had time to do videos, so many other things on line way before that. Magic is not the only thing I do, it is a love, but does not pay the bills. Family first, and responsibilities, so the time is limited I have to do projects. We do try, but never enough time in a day. The Plus Wallets and Sho-Gun are very different, and not used for the same thing. The ShoGun is primarily a switching wallet, like a himber, but uses an entirely different principal.

The Plus Wallets are Signed Card to Wallet, standard method, Card to Envelope as well, No Palm Card to Wallet, Peek Wallet, and can be used to add and steal card or cards to a deck as well. All come with a DVD.
I do recommend Jerry O'Connell Wallet.

I use it just for the "card to wallet" routine (with classic palming), never used for peeks, or "no palm card to wallet" and all the extra uses you can have.. but it's great.
Does the JOL Plus/Large or any version have "flaps" to assist in the load/envelope? I recently purchased Anthony Owen's "Natural Lottery" and am having a heck of a time with the wallet, which (according to the advert) is The JOL New Large Plus Wallet...please pm me with thoughts about this, and I'll tell the whole story...

Lee
Yes it does, Dave Bonsall (www.fingertipmiracles.co.uk) recommended trimming the flaps by a smidgen and stiffening the edges of the flaps with glue. It works well, though if I lived my life again I would buy the larger JOL.
I have a TON of gaffed wallets. I USE the JOL Plus Wallet (large). 'Nuff said...
[quote]
On 2011-01-13 21:09, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
I have a TON of gaffed wallets. I USE the JOL Plus Wallet (large). 'Nuff said...
[/quote]

Don't know why no one else has chimed in here, but I have both the Assassin V1 and 1.1.
The differences are not significant except that the "problems" with version one have been corrected with appropriate use of stitching in the gimmick.

I'm not selling the product but I do think that the Assassin is worth looking at.
Doug
[quote]
On 2011-01-13 21:09, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
[/quote]

I don't have a TON but over a dozen....and just added 2 more to my Penguin shopping cart.

What's with male magicians and wallets? Any psychologists out there? LOL.
I know this is an older string I'm revitalizing, but the last question begs a response!

The better question might be "why does it seem that less than 10% of magicians are woman (unless they're acting as the assistant)"? Now clowns are a different story.

I pose this question because it indirectly answers huangja's question above regarding wallets!

My wife (like most women) has a closet full of purses, hand bags and wallets to absurdly accessorize with every outfit (it boggles my mind!), so I don't think the issue here is the wallets themselves. ;)

- Gary