(Close Window)
Topic: Santa came early ... iForce for Android is AVAILABLE!
Hello friends,

Rostami Magic is proud to announce the LONG awaited iForce for Android.
http://bit.ly/h5nSGs

You can see iForce on the Android Market on your Android phone.

We would like to thank you all for your year long patience for the Android version.

Randy and I would also like to thank our NEW partner in crime . . . our Android Super Guru . . . Donavon Page.
Please send LOTS of LOVE to both Randy and Donavon . . . they have spent MANY sleepless nights to get this release to you by this Christmas.

There a few surprises that you'll find in the Android version that the iPhone version doesn't have yet.
For our iPhone customers, you'll soon see these new features in an upcoming update of iForce.

As always, let us know what you think.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
This is great news, thanks Greg. I already have iForce on my Ipod Touch, but it will be nice to have it on my Droid since I always have my phone with me.
Hi Sabitu,

It was developed on a Droid, so it should look perfect on your device.

all the best,
Greg Rostami
Downloading it now. Any plans for Ipredict for the droid?
No ETA for iPredict for Android . . . but it's going to happen.

Greg Rostami
Cool, so it is possible. I will wait.
In a word: YAHOOOOO!!!!

In two words: Thank you!

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
Greg, this looks great! I've been waiting for this for months, but I'm very happy with it.

Am I right in thinking that it is not possible to lock the device before flipping it, like it is on the iPhone? I've tried, but it seems the application doesn't register anything. Leaving the aplication via the Home button, and the device still on, does allow the flip to register.
Wow . . . I think you're right . . . since the Android is really multitasking, I would think that it would register it.

Keep in mind that you have the "reflippable" option under settings, that will turn it all off after it's been flipped over once.

Thank you for that insight,
Greg Rostami
I tested it with reflippable and flip sound on. Homescreen still lets it flip, locked screen does not. Also not that leaving the application via the Back button quits it, NOT allowing flips to register. Something to keep in mind when performing.
I tried it with a desire, I can press the home screen to return to the home screen. Then when I flip the device, reopen the pplication it has worked fine.
Thank you!
Hi,

I was watting, for a long time, for the android version of the iForce app. Now that I bought it I don't know how to use it. I can run the app but on my android device (Huawei U8230 - T-Mobile Pulse) I can't access the instructions because I am asked to put two fingers and swipe down and I can't do that. My device don't have multitouch, and I think this is the problem.
Please help....

Thanks,
Paulo F.
Hi Paulo,

If your device does not have multi touch, I'm afraid at the present time you will not be able to run iForce on your Android phone.

If you're not looking into getting a new phone, you're welcome to return the app to the Android Market for a refund.

Sorry brother,
Greg Rostami
Hi Greg,

Many thanks for your support. I can see that I really need to buy a new phone :(. It were great if, in the future, the app, after an update, could run. Or is the multi touch really need to run the app, just not to get the instructions and pass the first 'level'?

The money isn't really a problem. I was very happy because finally I had the iForce :(.

Thanks,
Paulo F.
Meanwhile I also bought Mind Reader from Sandroids wich I beleive is a very limited 'version' of iForce. Am I right?

Thanks,
Paulo F.
Thanks to my lovely girlfriend, who has just loaded iForce onto her iPod Touch, I have figured out what the difference is between the iOS and Android versions. Neither device can be locked, both can exit the application (or appear to), but the iDevice has two ways to receive its information. So whereas my HTC Desire has to be turned face down (which seems unnatural to me when the screen is on), the iPod/iPhone does not.

Greg, any chances of this changing in the future, i.e. being able to implement fake homescreens?
It would be hard to implement the fake home screen method on Android phones simply because there is no standardized home screen. Iphones and iPod Touch's on the other hand all use the same basic home screen layout.
Also, no screen shots are possible. So to customize it like the iPhone and iPod touch isn't possible.
Is there a way to turn off the sound on iForce without turning off my ringer?
Hi Jason,

If you go to the "Settings" page of iForce on Android, you'll find a button that lets you turn off the training sound.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Greg Rostami
We just submitted iForce v1.1 to the Android Market.

For many of your with lower res Android screens, this version will auto resize your preset drawings to fit on your screen.

Randy also fixed a few bugs that you had found.

enjoy,
Greg Rostami
Can't seem to get this on my phone (T-mobile, Samsung Galaxy, Froyo 2.2)
Searched the market from my phone and even scanned the QR code on the site with no luck :(
Any suggestions? Or maybe this just doesn't work on my device yet?
I can't find it either. Is it gone?
I just checked on the Android Market and iForce is still there for sale:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rostamimagic.iforce

Currently, iForce is not available on Android devices that don't support multitouch.
In the near future we will make it available for those devices as well.

Greg Rostami
I just tried to get it from the link you provided with no luck. Says it is not compatible with my device--I have an HTC Droid Eris, and it supports multitouch. Any other suggestions?
I got this for my HTC Inspire,I could not do any custom presentations & the app messed up my auto rotate.I wrote to Greg and got a response of-

"There is an operating system bug on many HTC devices that displays the black screen.

We know the program works perfectly on none HTC devices, hence we need to get our hands on a phone that has this problem so we can figure out how to fix it.

We are desperately looking for a solution, but I'm afraid we have to find the problem first before we can fix it."

I really wish that this information was made available before buying this.If there is a known glitch for Android operating systems,why is it still being sold to that market?

I was also unhappy that I was not offered a refund.

Oh well, I guess it's my fault for buying a faulty product that the developer knows will not properly work on HTC phones but is still for sale.

Mike
Naw, just your fault for using a Droid phone. :lol: just kidding

Droid is, however, fraught with details like this. Droid is an OS and each manufacturer who utilizes it may do so slightly differently. There in the bugs fester and grow.
I do realize that, but there should be some kind of warning that it does not function properly on certain phones.

I really hope they get it worked out,it is a fun app.
[quote]
On 2011-03-10 17:01, Michael Peterson wrote:
there should be some kind of warning that it does not function properly on certain phones.
[/quote]For now that is the definition of a Droid app. Just substitute "may" for "does". Wish I had better news for you.
I've recently installed iforce on my new HTC Wildfire android phone and think it's a great piece of kit! Once I'd found the instructions (after spending a couple of hours reverse engineering the clever system), I found that it worked fine using the basic method. I was at a party last night and amazed a few lovely young asian girls with some mind reading and prediction effects. I didn't get a hit every time due to lack of training (and a few drinks), but as we know, with mentalism effects sometimes that helps avoid suspicion.

I understand from other posts that there are 3 possible methods including being able to keep the phone face up. I haven't seen reference to this in the app's instructions and I'm not sure how to use the arrows preset. Are some of these functions not included in the android version or am I missing something?
Yes Steve,

On the Android OS you have access to two of the three methods available on the iPhone.

You've already learned the first method (Flip It). The second method is after you select your preset, hit the home button on your Android device and show everyone you've quit out of the app. Leave the device face down and perform the usual Flip method . . . but this time when you flip the phone over, all they'll see is the home screen of your device.

Simply instruct your spectators to launch the "Doodle" app and they'll see the correct prediction.

all the best,
Greg Rostami

P.S. If you want some hints on how to perform iForce with greater precision, you can Skype me at: gregrostami
I have a Galaxy Prevail and some of the flip choices come up blank and I got a vibration instead.
Only had 15 minutes for a refund,so I did not have time to check the rest of the program out.
I got the MindReader App and it works great,but I would prefer IFORCE if it worked properly,as I like how covert it is to get to the secret settings part of the app,as well as the multi colors.
Hi,

I got the Iforce for the Galaxy Tablet and it works great.
If it is coming up blank you may be doing the flip to slow, depending on the speed of the flip you can get 8 different values
Read the instructions the vibration is a setting you can use to train yourself on the timing.