(Close Window)
Topic: looking for a very cheap give-away.
Any ideas on a trick I can print off the PC and use as a give-away?

I was thinking along the lines of the linking paperclips.

What about any other paper magic?

I am looking to give something away by the thousands, so I would like it to be cheap.

What do you guys do?
i get all magic giveaway at us toy company good cheap giveaway i think they stores all over county.
I get allot from them also but I was looking for things I could make up or paper trick I could print out.
Hi Flourish dude:

What about the Ed Harris giant buck? It's a jumbo dollar with four or five tricks explained on the back. It comes camera-ready, so you can have thousands printed up cheaply. Also, you can use it for the linking paper-clips.

I don't think you can get them directly from him anymore (I heard he's very sick) but someone here surely can help you out.

Ron Reid
Yes, I have the whole collection on CD from Eric Paul. He is now selling them http://www.epmagic.com

I was looking for a single trick that I could do with the paper. The Big buck is great but you have to get stuff from home or what ever.

It does not have to be with paper. It could be with a penny or a rubber band, Any common cheap thing.

Let me see. I want something like the paper clips, I can make a ton of these and give them away (the price is perfect)

Two card Monte..Too much for the amount that I am looking to give away. This is fine for a birthday or restaurants, but not for a event where there are 2000 plus people.

Bead on rubber band also another good one.

Then bent penny would also be good but I don't want to go public with this trick. I use it too much!

Coin thru the hole in the paper, This would be good. I can give away a penny with each one.

The color disk prediction would be good I can spray paint or put the color round stickers on the pennies and teach the magician force. It would cost .04 plus the instructions page.

Get the idea of what I am looking for?

What about something with a popsickel stick?
The old-octagon-compass-arrow-thingy (that's the technical name for it)

Also, you can print up a single card that LOOK like a spread of five cards and do the "put a paperclip on the joker" effect.

They don't even need a paperclip. you can just ask them to pinch the joker. There is even a way that you can pinch the correct card using a roll over move.
good luck to you, flourish-dude.
How about your own version of the Magicians Insurance? You can print them with your own advertising and a variety of cards so you can repeat.

Aren't PC's wonderful?

Neale Bacon

p.s. I saw this on John Tremaines close up tape. He signs it and gives it away at the end. :bikes:
HI FLOURISH DUDE - IVE BEEN OUT OF IT FOR A WHILE.
BEEN GETTING MY ACT TOGETHER AS THEY SAY!
Either way - i once mentioned this somewhere else - there are plenty of optical illusions you. I made up a word page with 12 of the one where you have an old womens face and when you turn it upside down she changes into a young pretty woman. I added my name and number to each picture and then printed them out by the dozen. Got the pages laminated and cut to equal size and hand them out all the time. People love it because it is easy for them to do and show to others and at the same time gets my name about.
I will try to get back regularly but find it hard during the summer busy months.
Take care.
I make my own wands from dowel and a spot of paint. Cheap and Easy to make but a lot of effort (time).
I also have my own Colouring Book, ithas a few stories, some magical pictures to colour in and the usual advertising.
Th kids love it.
I give out those little Fortune Telling Fish thingas. You can buy them by the gross from just about anywhere. I found them at the oriental trading company. They have a website but I don't know where right now.
I really like the insurance idea! Have you done this?
Also danryb I di have a few puzzle cards. they do work well. These are the exact ideas I was looking for
Yes I have done it! I made up the front on a brochure printing program, and then just had the card as the whole back side.

It is printed on 8 1/2 x 11 paper and doesn'y unfold to poster size, it just has the "look" of a policy and some of the jokes under conditions (audience and magician must both be dealing with a full deck.

Try it. :bluebikes:
HI,
I use a magic fun sheet which I designed it has optical iluusions , jokes, advirtising and it roll s to make a magic wand.
i find it cheaper to get them printed than to print them on my Pc 5,000 one colour A4 printed both sides costs me 57.00. 10,000 only costs 80.00 but I normaly buy them in 5,000 for easy storage. the price is provided I supply the camera ready.
Phillip
Message: Posted by: Hobie the Magical Hobo Clown (May 15, 2005 10:45AM)
Kids Stuff #1 has an idea in it that I use. It's a picture of a rabbit and a carrot a piece of paper about the size of a playing card.
The rabbit is on the right side with it's mouth open and the carrot is on the left side level with the rabbit's mouth.
When the kids move the picture toward their eyes it looks like the rabbit is eating the carrot.
Put your name and number on the bottom and copy them out on 11 x 17 paper then cut to size. Mine are in black and have a border around them.
They are cheap and the kids love them.
Another idea is to make your own diplomas that personally advertise you.
They work well also. :magicrabbit:
Message: Posted by: The Great Smartini (May 15, 2005 12:37PM)
A paper give-a-way I'm considering is in conjunction with the Drawing Book which I think is by Sammy Smith(?)...this is the trick where you flip through ala Svengali Deck and the child selects the eyes/hair, then the nose and then the mouth...You have of course the magic prediction of their freely chosen drawing...my idea is that you print out the forced character and on the back print out a certificate kind of thing with the event/child's name/etc and of course all of your contact information
Optical illusions can also be a fun way to make a give-away sheet and use. Most optical illusions can be found online and they are copyright free for use. You could make a fun sheet and use it as a hand out. Easy to do and the kids would have fun with it.

Kyle
How about some magic wands with magician assistants cert on one side and the tricks on the other. When rolled up they look like a wand. I am not sure where you can get them as I got mine from Eric Paul before he passed away. They look like the ones below.
Here is the back side with the tricks on it.

Good luck,
Patrick
Interesting choice to pop this old thread back to the top, BYUDAD. As far as I know, Eric Paul's estate still owns the rights to the Ed Harris artwork. However, occassionally someone can be found still selling their original copies of the disks. I saw one of the disks (from the set) on the Dazzling Magic website a few months ago.

So, the item you showed will likely not be available.

However, for someone CURRENTLY interested in this topic, don't forget that Michael Messing is having a sale RIGHT NOW on the artwork for his magic dollar bills (promotional product / giveaways):

[url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=395466&forum=76]--> Magic Dollar Give-Away[/url]

- Donald
Donald,

I think it would be great if people are interested in this to support the Paul (I don't think that this is his correct name, I think it is a stage name, something that starts with an s) family to buy these great give aways. That is if they are selling these. I would never sell my copy as I love these and wanted to show what they look like. My only intention here.

Patrick
No, the Eric Paul estate is not selling these.

As far as we (Eric's former magic mastermind members) know, his product line was lost with his passing. The rights were not sold to someone else, and his family is not interested in producing / selling his products. Of course, that doesn't mean that others can start copying them and / or selling them. It just means that the items that are already out there are rare collectors items.

The only item that wasn't lost was the DVDs of the 2009 Super Conference, and those are being sold by Brad Ross with permission from Suzan.

- Donald

P.S. [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=317599&forum=61&85]More on Eric[/url], for those who don't know the whole story.
Donald,

Thanks for the info and for sharing. I met Eric at the Jack Turk bootcamp a few years ago and talk to him a lot. Infact I think I own everything he had to sell. What a class act and he will be sorely missed.

Patrick