(Close Window)
Topic: Steve Dusheck - Still Great After All These Years
I was just looking through an old DVD, [b]Steve Dusheck, The 1982 Lecture[/b], and when it comes to clever magic with this & that well, his stuff from back then is still very hard to beat even now. Dusheck did this a long time ago and then put it into a DVD format in 2005 from old film for about $10 I think. Quite a deal when you look at the price of DVDs nowadays. This man is an original creator of magic, a true genius of the craft.

In this DVD are about 20 of his original tricks, many if not all of them are just brilliant pieces of magic that you can make yourself easy enough and he shows you how on most of them. His [b]Dusheck's Dollar, Dollar Punch, FunKey and Ringer[/b] just to name a few are so clever they bear repeating and that's why they have withstood the test of time, along with some of his other big tricks like [b]Copper/Silver Transpo (Now sold by Theory 11 as "Digital Dissolve"), Lethal Tender (Yes, LT is his also), Waltzing Matilda and Wunderbar[/b].

Dusheck has created literally 1000s of wonderful tricks, written several magic books on various genre's of magic and has been a successful working Pro. He has created magic for some of the best magicians in the world and continues doing some of that still to this day with his wonderful series of Business Card Tricks, special orders he only does for his closest friends.

He has known and been a part of the greater magic circles with the best out there then and now. They all know him and admire his work. He is a true craftsman and a tremendously honest and good person. His magic is wonderful and it's a real treat to look into how all this stuff is actually made and marketed. His DVD is more than worth it and should be on the magic shelf of anyone that has ever said the magical word, ABRACADABRA! Simply amazing stuff! I just had to say it yet again.

http://www.stevedusheck.com/

-Mb
Couldn't agree more! His series of books are amongst my favorites!

John
I have that DVD and watch it from time to time- very creative, very...
Steve is one of magic's true giants. And, he's one of the kindest and most considerate people you will ever meet.

Benny
I bought that DVD two years ago. I think I'll watch it again. Thanks Marion.
I need to get it! I contacted Steve about something not that long ago and he couldn't have been nicer.
When I was a kid I had the original VIDEO TAPE of this.

WOW,,,was I amazed! I made up some of the effects and will always remember my early start in Magic with Mr. Dusheck's genius effects.
Hey guys, I recently was very lucky and came across Dusheck's [b]Ringer[/b] and man is this little devil ever-clever....WOW!!! Any of you guys out there got this baby? :)

It doesn't use what most of these ring flight effects use to get it done, and it's so easy to do, instantly repeatable and completely deceptive. Definitely my kind of magic. :)

If you want to do an impromptu ring flight that will blow everybody away, then [b]Ringer[/b] is it and then some. There's other good stuff out there I'm sure but this is on another level - "Genius level" I'd say. :)

Hopefully you can find one out there somewhere but I doubt if anyone then or now would part with such clever chicanery but you can try. :) Man this is great stuff from a tremendous magic mind & creator.

Unless God makes one, [b]Ringer[/b] is the only one I'll be using. :)
Ringer is the best! Got one from Steve himself a few years back.
Ringer is great, I have one of the originals as well. Nice to see Steve getting some well deserved praise here.

John
Ringer and Copper Silver Transpo are ALWAYS in my pocket!

I've also done Wunder Bar with the Thunder Bar kicker many times with awesome results!

Steve is definitely a Prince among men!

MMc
The Dusheck Vest was one of my first magic purchases.
Two of my favorite Dusheck effects
1 Confounding Coffer
2 and his famous " coin card"
I made a demo some five years back called Dushecks's Angels that I made for Steve
vinny
Message: Posted by: Damian the Magician (Apr 6, 2016 08:29AM)
Hi! I have a Dusheck Vest, but I need the manuscript. Can anyone help me please?
[quote]On Apr 6, 2016, Damian the Magician wrote:
Hi! I have a Dusheck Vest, but I need the manuscript. Can anyone help me please? [/quote]

Contact Steve Dusheck, he will most likely be able to help.

Steve is a great guy, and Master Magician, not to mention the most creative mind for magic in the 20th Century. His products are missed as all his tricks were fabulous and workers.
Again, you must be referring to a different guy than I encountered...all I got was mean nasty attitude...
I want to buy the dvd but it doesn't do paypal :(
Crikey, is it 34 years ago that I bought Wunderbar ?

Where does the time go ?
Is that the silver floating bar one? I have one in attest tube is that it?i Bought it in a bag of stuff from a magic auction and no instruction and thought what can it be so that might be it
That's the one Karl.

Suffers , as do all these kinds of things , from the old issue that IT effects generally don't look that good if you let things hang for too long. But the idea of the silver bar in a test tube, if used minimally, works really well.
Glad to see this string pop up again here, I started it years back in recognition of the great, Steve Dusheck. It's wonderful that so many know of and recognize him and his many great works in magic.

I just got through going through a few of his things and I gotta tellya, his Lecture DVD from 1982 is still absolutely amazing to me. The mechanical genius and vision of this man cannot be overstated. Many of his creations on this old DVD just continue to make me scratch my head as to how he came up with such an idea. It just all reminds me of when I was a kid, walking into Tannen's Magic Shop in downtown New York, and just staring for hours at the tricky stuff in the shiny glass cases. :)

If you're looking for something new in closeup magic, well, it just might be something old, that you can cleanly present as new, from the magical mind of a real master named, Steve Dusheck. Hey, and it's still just $10 bucks! Just the thinking here is worth $hundred$ more.

Brilliant man!
[quote]On Apr 7, 2016, Karl M wrote:
I want to buy the dvd but it doesn't do paypal :( [/quote]

Write him a check or send cash. I've sent cash to Steve numerous times without problem.
Sadly, as you all probably know, Steve Dusheck passed away several months ago. I was a very personal friend of Steveís He lived an hour from me. I know Steveís wife Marsha well as well as his extremely successful micro-biologist daughter Renee. You wonít find a more creative talent than Steve. On top of that he was like a brother to me- one of the kindest persons I met! I have monthly magic get-togethers at my magic shop, Melís Magic City in Scranton Pa. recently, we had a meeting totally dedicated to Steve and his magic. It was fantastic and Steveís wife came. She was touched by the fabulous influence he had on so many! He is already sorely missed!