(Close Window)
Topic: Best Ring Vanish
Message: Posted by: streetmagician_08 (Jul 22, 2003 12:53PM)
Hey, I need some help finding a good ring vanish to perform with Cup O Noodles. The ring needs to be in the noodles while the spectator thinks I still have possession of the ring. I though about using a TT. What are some good vanishes I could use?

You may want to rig up a pull. It would have to be gaffed to be fairly silent and the ring easily retrievable. You could use the Schneider Basic Vanish, or even the old ring sewn in the corner of a double handkerchief.

Depends on how elegant you want the vanish to be. Sleight-of-hand, or old and mechanically reliable.
Retention Vanish

Ring Up (ring knotted on small piece of rope vanishes leaving knot intact) from Standing Room Only by Aldo Colombini :donut6:
A couple of ideas
1. Rattle box
2. flash paper
3. grinda ring
4. the old switching it for a coin and throw the coin gag.
5. budha papers
6. act as you swalowd it.
I like using the rattle box. The beauty of it is that the ring can still be heard to rattle in the box after it has been wisked away.

Bob
Ring Up is an amazing vanish. :)
Message: Posted by: streetmagician_08 (Jul 23, 2003 07:42PM)
what is ring up? Can someoone post a review? Thanks
Ring Up is an excellent effect which Aldo performs. A short length of rope (about 12 inches) is shown and a finger ring threaded on it. A genuine knot is formed. The Rope is taken by the right hand and then placed back into the left. When the left hand opens the ring is off the knot and the knot is still intact. I use this all the time for a ring vanish. I have altered Aldo's handling a bit for my own purposes which in my hands works better. This is explained in the video "Standing Room Only" by Aldo Colombini.