(Close Window)
Topic: Need technical help
Message: Posted by: Pete Biro (Dec 23, 2010 08:14PM)
[b]A friend of mine wants to know what is used to produce what looks like steam coming from floor to provide cover for someone coming up a trap.[/b]
Message: Posted by: illusions & reality (Dec 23, 2010 09:14PM)
Usually CO2.

Message: Posted by: jaynet (Dec 23, 2010 09:43PM)
Martin fog fluid that evaporates like steam
look up martin fog fluid steam if the link doesn't work
Message: Posted by: David Garrity (Dec 23, 2010 11:22PM)
Lou is correct, it is usually Co2 used for those types of effects. However, we had those effects at our Batman Stunt Show at Six Flags and the Co2 fog is affected by the humidity in the air of the venue. So, on very dry days it doesn't create as much of a cover as on more humid days. So, as an alternative you could go with one of these: http://www.guitarcenter.com/OmniSistem-Pyrofog-1500W-DMX-Fog-Machine-103147328-i1323103.gc which is specifically designed to shoot fog straight up.

Message: Posted by: Kevin Ridgeway (Dec 23, 2010 11:28PM)
Co2 is indeed very finicky when it comes to humidity. A better alternative to a true burst like Co2 is nitrogen. However, it is more expensive and the dewar tanks are much larger, but the burst is as good as it gets.

Message: Posted by: Pete Biro (Dec 23, 2010 11:38PM)
Many thanks, have forwarded all above to my friend.