(Close Window)
Topic: I am going for my dreams... My friend's untimely death made me rethink my life, I only have now...
After some soul searching, I have decided to really really go after my dreams.

As cliched as that must sound to some, I am.

My Actor friend's passing at 32 from a sudden heart attack has put my own life direction in perspective.

Simply put, we really have no idea how much time we have left here in this life.

One of my big dreams is producing, directing and starring in my own full length Films. Both fiction and documentaries.

The reason I post this is to invite those who want to join me in this adventure! (Trust me, film making is an adventure... To put a positive slant to it... :))

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

In case there are those who don't know, I am a Professional Actor for the last 10 years here in Malaysia. Also a Professional Magician/Mentalist and a Martial Artist for the last 20 years or so...

So...

Who wants to come on board? :wavey:
I wish you luck. I really can't contribute anything cuz I'm a talentless and very unattractive man.
[quote]
On 2011-01-04 21:11, MagicSanta wrote:
I wish you luck. I really can't contribute anything cuz I'm a talentless and very unattractive man.
[/quote]

From you Santa, that is enough for me!

Thanks! :wavey:
All the best, my friend. I have no idea if I have any talents you can use, but if you think of something, just ask.

John
[quote]
On 2011-01-04 21:32, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
All the best, my friend. I have no idea if I have any talents you can use, but if you think of something, just ask.

John
[/quote]

THANK YOU Magnus. :)

I will keep you updated.

:online:
All the best, and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. ;)
Thanks John! :wavey:

Will keep you updated!

In one word: BRILLIANT!

All the best- wish I could help you out directly...
Thanks gaddy! :wavey:

Maybe you can, who knows... :)
I am sorry for your grief. These things slap us hard, and sometimes wake us up. Go for it, and remember the journey is sometimes the real goal.

Count me in...if I can help, I will.
Thank You Tom! :)

Much much appreciated.

WAIT! I just looked in the mirror and I am looking rather cute at the moment. If you get a film crew here before I muss my hair I'm in!
[quote]
On 2011-01-04 23:41, MagicSanta wrote:
WAIT! I just looked in the mirror and I am looking rather cute at the moment. If you get a film crew here before I muss my hair I'm in!
[/quote]

I would LOVE to have you in one of my Documentaries Santa!

If I ever get down there, you're definitely in! ;)

Interesting.

My early ambition was to be a film maker. My university degree is in theatre (I actually won a scholarhip to the university based on my acting audition). Acting and filmmaking has always been in my blood. I imagine the distance between us will prevent us for working together but I wish you all the best, Pakar.

As was said in the movie "Rudy"...

"Dreams are what make life tolerable."
Thanks Chessman! :)

Who knows, I might drop by your neck of the woods... ;)

Way to go!
Thanks Woland!

[quote]
On 2011-01-04 22:18, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Thanks gaddy! :wavey:

Maybe you can, who knows... :)
[/quote] ...you just let me know, mate!
Thanks everyone! :)

Well, I am a fully licened pyrotechnician and have done my share of tv and movies...blown up big and small stuff using everything from black powder to compressed air and everything in between. Have flown people, dragged them out to the sea and below the ground. Made fake food, fake glass, fake china, fake furniture and rotten corpses. Worked 16 hour days in 0 temperatures. All good fun.

So, gimme a holler :)
I'm a pretty good writer if that would help. What kinds of fiction? Action? Comedy?
I have acted on stage but that probably won't help you from all the way over here in WA, USA.
Other than that all I can really do is bend things. I'm probably less talented an entertainer than most of the folks on here. I'm a lousy magician, though I love it and have a decent CP.

Sorry about your friend. 32 is a year younger than me. Same age Bruce Lee lived to. I used to think I'd be toast by 27. Like Kurt Cobaine or Brandon Lee. But I'm still here stinkin' up the joint.

Feel free to PM for my email addy if you want.
Sorry to hear about your friend's passing. I'm glad to hear that you are pursuing your dream. However it works out, nothing would be worse than the regret of never having tried. If I can help with advice or any other way, I would be happy to.

I'm a cinematographer, and have been working in the film industry here in the US since 1986. Ouch that makes me feel old.

PM incoming.
Wow, great credentials guys...

mvmagic, I've only worked with some of those effects and you make them? Nice...

critter, the Fiction I'm writing is a Martial Arts Drama.

Nom de Guerre, I've PMed you...

I'll keep you guys in the loop...

Thanks guys! :wavey:
Yeah, that's what I've been up to :) You're an actor so you know how it is. Not glamorous but fun-of course you have to love it to do it.
So if you need any kind of help, lemme know. I do design as well.
Sorry to hear about your friend, Pakar. I have some limited experience in film. When I was younger, I made (rather bad) films with friends, I also took a film making class in college, had to write, direct and edit the whole thing, which was an unusual experience. I do have a lot of experience as a stage actor, though (through academic and community theater). One play I did in college was an English translation of a Chinese play, it was filmed and a copy sent to the playwright. I'm told it was broadcast on Chinese television, I don't know though. Best of luck following your dreams!
Mvmagic, thanks my friend!

Josh, thanks buddy!

I have no connection with films / movies other than as an avid viewer, and of course I know how to be a critic (as do we all).

Sorry to hear about your friend having passed away, but as far as your ambitions go, I would say "Go for it!" (although obviously expressed in a less hackneyed 1980s style phrase)
Haha, thanks muse! :wavey:
Well if you ever do anything in the Northwest look me up. I acted on stage and such for a long time and know quite a few other actors in the area.
Thanks for the offer critter. :)

Hope it happens someday.
The script is ready.

(At least this draft is... :P)
Congratulations. Having taken a film making class in college, I know how hard it is to write those...and these were just 5 pages! I have a DVD of the film somewhere, but the acting is really, really bad. (Really. :))
Thanks Josh! ;)
Very interesting topic. I see where you have a script or at least a draft. Having said that exactly what is the next step?

Is this a lobor of love or does it have a profit potential?
[quote]
On 2011-10-20 17:38, acesover wrote:
Very interesting topic. I see where you have a script or at least a draft. Having said that exactly what is the next step?

Is this a lobor of love or does it have a profit potential?
[/quote]

Both.

In Malaysia, it is not as difficult as I imagine it is in the States to make a Movie.

I am a Professional Actor for the last 10 years, so I kinda have my feet in the door so to speak. ;)

Still it is a "labor" of love with profit potential. :ohyes:

The next step is getting the funding.
[quote]
On 2011-01-04 20:45, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
After some soul searching, I have decided to really really go after my dreams.

As cliched as that must sound to some, I am.

My Actor friend's passing at 32 from a sudden heart attack has put my own life direction in perspective.

Simply put, we really have no idea how much time we have left here in this life.

One of my big dreams is producing, directing and starring in my own full length Films. Both fiction and documentaries.

The reason I post this is to invite those who want to join me in this adventure! (Trust me, film making is an adventure... To put a positive slant to it... :))

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

In case there are those who don't know, I am a Professional Actor for the last 10 years here in Malaysia. Also a Professional Magician/Mentalist and a Martial Artist for the last 20 years or so...

So...

Who wants to come on board? :wavey:
[/quote]

Traumatic events such as the passing of a friend certainly wake us up to what is important in life, how precious life is and that we never know when our time will come. It also makes us realize that each moment we live in life is something to be cherished and that friends and family should never be taken for granted. Life is much too short to not be pursuing our dreams. I wish you luck and happiness in pursuing your dreams.
Thanks so much for the kind words of support, General_Magician! :wavey: