(Close Window)
Topic: Walking puppet, China
Hi friends,

Have you seen this? this is the old China classic toys...
http://www.52magic.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=865&productname=

very interesting....
Cool.
I wanted to get one of those but I don't trust the website. I haven't ordered anything from there because there are lots of "pirated" items.
I have yet to wait for a review of this. Quite interesting and worth it if you can use it in your shows. I would make a duplicate of my puppet and do a switch.
I can walk that figure in downtown San Francisco and it would not look out of place, or as strange as some real kids and parents walking now; the figure and I probably wouldn’t even be noticed.
Hi Lou: some of friends bought some props from there without any problem, it s cost around $700 plus shipping. For this dool, I don't have any idea the origin, it s seems like old radtional Chinese toy.
Cahyo, from what I understand, the control is in the hand of the doll. You press it to trigger the foot to move forward. It works with springs, , weights, gears and tubes.
I was thinking it was a weighted thing, but whatever it is, I think it's really cool.
Then I was thinking it would be great if they had a moving mouth and you could control that - then at the end of the video, it looked to me like the last one was moving his mouth, but it was hard to tell for sure because of the quality of the video.
Ingenious!
But this guy takes it to whole new heights!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGzZqZB3G7Q
Oh, by the way, the song he is dancing to is "YMCA," but they got all sh***y about that, so we are not allowed to hear the music.