(Close Window)
Topic: String Loop Tricks
I do (among other things) storytelling with a loop of string - cats cradle type of thing.
I've been thinking about putting together a magic routine using the loop. I know some tricks, but I'd like to find more - I figure the more I have to choose from the better!

So I'm looking for tricks that use a loop of string (I use a piece about 6 foot long and heat weld the ends together), and I'd prefer not to damage the string. I don't mind adding other props - silk, ring, etc - if the effect is worth it.

Thanks,

Bill
There's quite alot of penetration effects using a loop,
sources of information try Aldo Colombini Daryl,
and Flip on rope effects
Karl Fulv has a book on self working rope and string.
hope this helps
vinny
Thanks Vinny,

I've just realised that the reason that I was disatisfied with my repertoire of loop tricks is that I really only know penetration tricks - through thumb, neck, ring or buttonhole, etc which doesn't make for much of a routine.

Having realised that, it's also dawned on me that, using an extra piece, I can do C & R and ring on/off effects, plus I've found several knot bits I can use, too. That gives me a lot more to work with for routining.

I'd still appreciate other leads to anything else I can incorporate.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Bill
Bill you might try School for scoundrels by Whit Haydan he uses a endless chain, or a soft rope can be used . this is a scam, that hustlers use. I think you might like this routine, Also Dsouza has a video called chain Gang , I think you will enjoy both of these videos .
vinny
Heh Minim,
Isn't Viini a great guy; always helpful and genuinley concerned.
If you put togther a routine, I would love to have you share it with me.
MartyK