(Close Window)
Topic: New Coin Magic Site
As most of us know, all the really great magic is hidden safely away in....books! In an attempt to expose some of our new coin magic devotees to these hidden treasures, I've started the Weekly Coin Magic Page!

Each week, or twice a week if my schedule permits, I'll put up a performance of another great piece of coin magic from my bookshelf. There are no secrets revealed here, But each effect will have the book name, publisher, page numbers, and (when I can find it) a link to purchase the book.

I hope this project will make us take a second look at that wall of books we all have, and have some fun while doing it. Stop by and check it out. Comments are always welcome!

http://salinasmagic.blogspot.com/
Thanks for this. There's been a few projects like this for cards, but I haven't seen one for coins yet. I like the Elfin Hoard premise. I'm not sure how I haven't heard of it by now.
Very nice and thanks.
Just a great idea! :) Reminds me of your great effort to show a lot of the wonderful magic via your DVD set as to another fine coin book, Bobo's New Modern Coin Magic...A tremendous visual contribution to coin magic.

I'll be checking this everyday to read, errrrrrrr I mean see a lot of the things I might've missed off the book shelf. Great idea Ben. :)
This is a great idea, and I will be checking often! Thank you for this. Enjoyed "From the Elfin Hoard" very much.
A new bookmark in my magic portfolio - thanks.
Nice, they are a lot of card magic site, we need more coin magic site!!Thanks!
Finally!
Thank you Ben.
Sounds good. Will check it out..
Great idea, Ben.
Could you make an email subscription, so we know when you post a new routine.

Thanks,
Sammy
Cool idea, I enjoyed it. Thanks

Mark
Thanks Ben

I love the Monedas Brisas routine. I wish I had been getting Magic magazine now!

John
Great choice with From the Elfin Hoard. There's some excellent material in the Spectacle book. Daryl's Ebow Knee and Neck is another.

Maybe something from Dingle's book.

Nice thinking Ben.
That's a great idea. Brilliant! Thanks Ben
@Motown I have Elbow, Knee, & Neck on my list for the next video! Spectacle is just an all-around great book.
Hey, nice job, Ben, I hope you'll keep it going for many years. Don't forget Stars of Magic. Lots of great magic to cover, and it'll buy you the time to practice up on the Buckingham and Gaultier material. :)
Looks like a wonderful resource, and one which will be added to my magical favourites when I get home this evening. Thanks Ben!

~ Pete.
Thank you! It's just too easy to ignore some effect as no-good if you only read a description of it. This will solve that broblem.
I will follow this blog. I am on the verge of making a blog of my own about my magical experiences. (A bit new to this blg thingie, I am.
Anyway, this looks promising.

Ciao for now

Erik
Bravo Ben!
:applause: :punkrocker:
Great idea.
Thanks for the effort! Like it a lot!
Ben
Good Idea! Get the coin magic juices flowing and great thinking to provide a reference to find the material.
Hey Ben great idea! Its always easier to see a routine than just reading them. BTW, what type of chinese coins are you using? They are dollar size correct?

-ben
Thanks! Yes, they're dollar size with a double-faced sh*ll. I got them from Joe Mogar.

http://joemogar.tripod.com/id22.html
What a great idea! Thanks a lot.
Liked Monedas Brisas. And the Mogar coins are great. He also has the little smaller chinese coins (36mm).
Thanks Ben. This will be a great resource.
Great job Ben! Thanks! I'm sure everyone here will be following.
I haven't seen any blog dedicated to coin magic before. Nice work, Ben!
Hey ben, is it the 9 dollar black ones at the top, or the 8 dollar thin ones on the bottom? The ones at the top are a little bit smaller than a dollar coin I believe. Then there is the 20 ones he also has. Thanks for your help, they look really great!

-ben
Benjie, I use the set at the top.
Thanks ben. I was thinking about snaggin' some in black with the double sided shell....40 bux for a quality shell and chinese coins is a nice price! glad to see that they look great, and looking forward to what the site has on it!
Y'know, they say if you want to hide something nowadays, put it in a book. :D

Seriously Ben, this is great stuff man. :) Again, what a good idea to present these somewhat hidden gems. Books are a storehouse for these effects that might not make it to DVD but are certainly worthy. Sometimes I think it's better that way as then everything doesn't become so commercialized so fast. But for you to bring them out as you are in this great project, well this is a just good way for them to stay more alive and better appreciated.

Just the same, your efforts here are good ones to unveil and spotlight these somewhat obscure works, not to mention that you do the effects flawlessly, and in one of the effects with a splendid Vernon Wand Spin ta'boot!...It don't get much better than that. :)

Keep up the great work on this my friend. I'll be following every step and I truly recommend others do the same if they're interested in great magic presented for the benefit of the Craft by a great guy and magician. :)
Ben,

Do you take requests?
Requests? Sure, I have a list of effects to get me started, abut I can definitely add some more to the list. I plan to do this for a while!
Thanks for all the nice replies.
Oh man, good thing no llamas were harmed! lol. Great coin site idea.
Splended idea.
Your new site with the very nice layout has been bookmarked.

BTW your Modern Coin Magic DVD-set is an excellent teaching tool.
Ben, great site, I think it is great to see the effect and be pointed to the right reference. It goes along great with the help I receive from your Modern Coin Magic DVD and Bobo's book. Many thanks for your willingness to help others learn a bit of this great craft.
Very entertaining site, Ben. A benefit to us all. Hope you keep it up for years.

Regards,

Alan
Ben
This is awesome ! Thanks for sharing this with us. Like they say a lot of great routine are buried in books we just have to find them. This site will help with finding the buried treasures.
Thanks
Tim
As stated on other threads, many books can be confusing. I've found magic books to be some of he worst written and edited. Seeing how they're supposed to look really helps. Love coin magic and this is a very useful site. Nice use of the videos, keeping everything short and clean. Thanks.
[quote]
On 2011-03-03 01:21, rsylvester wrote:
As stated on other threads, many books can be confusing. I've found magic books to be some of he worst written and edited. Seeing how they're supposed to look really helps. Love coin magic and this is a very useful site. Nice use of the videos, keeping everything short and clean. Thanks.
[/quote]

Legend has it that many of the older ones were intentionally written that way.
Ben, after seeing your site and remembering the David Roth routine, you now have me inspired to work on my own "flurry."
I just posted the newest video to the blog. Stop by and check out Derek Dingle's 'Slow Motion Coin Vanish'.

http://salinasmagic.blogspot.com/

Thanks again for all the great comments!
Ben,
congrats great site!!

Nice slow vanish

brian
Ben,

Thanks so much for setting up this site. Its a great idea and its really helping me as I struggle to polish my coin magic. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

S