(Close Window)
Topic: TA Pen
I’ve recently been toying around with Paul Harris’s TA Pen and was wondering if anyone has found other uses or effects for this device other then Paul’s suggestions on DVD# 9?
So let me rephrase the question, does anyone use the TA pen and if so do you use any of the nine effects described on Paul’s DVD? I really like the affect “Short Term Memory” where a spectator is made to forget one of several shapes draw on the back of a dollar bill. This is really a good piece of magic that leaves your spectator thinking!
Hi Geoff,

I actually perform Short Term Memory with the TA Pen. I have done it several times. The problem is that it is not a visual effect but you are right. It gets them thinking. I was going to use some of the other effects but most of them put too much heat on the pen. Short Term Memory is perfect because the pen is just a useless prop. I always leave the pen on the table after the trick and no one has yet to pick it up and examine it.
Thanks for the feed back Steve, glad to hear others enjoy this effect as well. When I first started using the pen I was worried about the noise it made, but found that well placed patter overcomes this problem. Have you explored any additional used for this device?
Thought I would pass this older topic around to see if anyone uses the TA pen?